Crunched my GN

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Well, Thursday was kind of a good news/ bad news day. The good news was that I passed smog with flying colers,(thanks in part to Lou :) ). The bad news was that on the way back home from Lake forrest, a suv ahead of me on the freeway, ran over a retread from a big rig and stuffed it right in to the mug of my GN @ 75 mph. I was boxed in on my left and right and had no where to go. Had to just take it like a man. It all seamed to happen in slow motion. when it hit, I saw this spray of glass and plastic blow past the top of my windshield as the 30 lbs. peice of rubber got sucked under my car. SO, any one know of any Regals in any bone yards? I'm going to hit up pick a part on Beach Blvd. tomorow. I think that while the front of the car is apart, this would be a good excuse to finally get one of Razors alky setups. at least, this way I can feel exited about what I'm going through :rolleyes: .

Down but not out!

Mike

Mike:
I am so sorry to hear that, but I am glad that you are down, but not out, as you put it, and will bounce back up shortly. As far as boneyard turbo Buicks, there was one mentioned on here in the stolen section when it became apparent that it could have been the one that was stolen from the Brea Mall a little less than a year ago. I think that I heard that it was no longer there, but you might do a search for the thread and check. I believe Pete as in "PetesGN" on this board was the person who spotted it and took pictures.
Sorry to hear. At least this is just a temporary setback, and not a permanent one. If I can do anything to help, drop me an E-mail.

Damn!

SPOOLFOOL2 said:
Well, Thursday was kind of a good news/ bad news day. The good news was that I passed smog with flying colers,(thanks in part to Lou :) ). The bad news was that on the way back home from Lake forrest, a suv ahead of me on the freeway, ran over a retread from a big rig and stuffed it right in to the mug of my GN @ 75 mph. I was boxed in on my left and right and had no where to go. Had to just take it like a man. It all seamed to happen in slow motion. when it hit, I saw this spray of glass and plastic blow past the top of my windshield as the 30 lbs. peice of rubber got sucked under my car. SO, any one know of any Regals in any bone yards? I'm going to hit up pick a part on Beach Blvd. tomorow. I think that while the front of the car is apart, this would be a good excuse to finally get one of Razors alky setups. at least, this way I can feel exited about what I'm going through :rolleyes: .

Down but not out!

Mike
Sorry about that mike! Glad you didn't get hurt over that. What parts do you need to repair your car?

Parts needed

The right two headlights were stuffed through the back of the fiberglass buckets that hold them. This is also the part of the front of the car that goes around the grill and meets up with the hood. I may just rebuild it If I cant find a good one. This part isn't in the Poston or Kirban catalogs. I scaned a few bone yards today, but the Regals were pritty picked over. I also need a right side headlight bezzel, headlights, and the metal rings that hold the head lights. the trim between the bumper and the headlights got clobered pritty good but can be repainted, as can the bumper. What's funny is that the grill looks perfect. I'm sure that I have the guy that designed the grill springs to thank for that.

Thanks,
Mike

Down but not out...

Wrecking yard with Regal/ GN parts

Try calling " Speedway Automotive" in Phoenix, AZ at 1-800-425-8960 and tell them was you need I've seen a few GN's in their yard over the past few years. You can also check their web site at http://www.thebuickplace.com

Good luck.
Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA

SPOOLFOOL2 said:
This is also the part of the front of the car that goes around the grill and meets up with the hood. Thanks,
Mike

Header panel

I had bad luck with aftermarket header panels fitting correctly.

Steve, I called Speedway. They've got after market header panels for $500.00 bucks, or complete with headlights and all for $1250.00. No OEM stuff.

Pete, Thanks for the heads up on after market header panels being poo poo. I may just fix my original. Most of the damage is to the headlight buckets which is covered by the bezel. Kirban has all the other little stuff. Unless anyones got a better place.

Thanks guys,
Mike

Down but not out...

I have a aftermarket header panel that i got for my turbo t that i didnt use , Maybe it might fit better on yours. Your welcome to try it if you like .

Pete

I dropped off my header panel at the body shop today. He thought it was fixable. So, hopefully it'll fit as good as it did. Also ordered my alky setup from Razor today :D . At least now I can dream about having a faster car while it's apart, and not just be bummed out about the carnage.

Thanks for all the support.
Mike

Down but not out...

Mike Mike Mike, Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
If i were you i'd go jump out of a plane! (inside joke)
Don't worry about trying to fix that damn header panel either, just leave the car in your driveway and i'll come take it off your hands ;)
Well, good luck with your body work and the new alky system.

Sorry to hear about your car, I would at this time lighten it with an aluminum core support and bumper. Since you have to replace the header panel. Good luck.

ssvalleyboy

THAT'S IT! You've pushed me too far. I'm gunna jump. Really. Well, it is kinda wet and rainy out this week. Maybe next week (300th to be exact) :D . Yo valley, How do I order a Turbo tweak chip? I ordered my alky today and Razor said to get a chip from Eric. I can't find A phone # and his web (www.eric@turbotweak.com) is down.

Thanks
Mike

Down but not out...

you can buy the aftermarket panel for less then $200. they fit like crap. get one off a non turbo regal and have the body shop fill the hole. speedway buick allways wants way too much money for the parts they have. their pricing is out of line. hey lou!! hows the sheep treating you?

LV GN said:
you can buy the aftermarket panel for less then $200. they fit like crap. get one off a non turbo regal and have the body shop fill the hole. speedway buick allways wants way too much money for the parts they have. their pricing is out of line. hey lou!! hows the sheep treating you?
----------------------------
Hey, Len: How's louse Vegas treating ewe?