Danny Bee belt drive

Yes it does, thanks. At lifter swap time I will look for the longer lifters, and go with shorter pushrods. We've seen evidence in my stuff of significant pushrod flex with the std Comp 5/16" pushrods that are common, thus the 3/8" HD wall thickness Smith Bros this time around. In fact the pushrods had been divoting the head gaskets pretty hard, over a 1/4" away lol. That's pretty bendy I'd say. It seemed to be mainly the exhaust side doing it. I've run wot cylinder pressure tests that show the cyl pressure to still be around the 200-300 psi or so range at EVO. Taking the area of the EV head times that pressure (minus the exh backpressure on the other side of the head) gives the net "holding" force on the valve, holding it closed due to gas pressure. Add in the spring seat pressure, multiply that sum by the rocker ratio of 1.65 in my case and the force required to pop the EV off it's seat at that point is well into the 1000 lbs neighborhood. No wonder they want to flex, lol...

PS do you do anything special with the washer, extra hardened or whatever to make sure it does not get "crushed" after a few heat cycles and thus lose bolt clamping force on the stackup assy?

Speaking of rockers, I have a cherry set of 1.75 ratio T&D rockers for the GN1 individual shafts/cyl setup. Anyone here want to trade for a cherry set of 1.55 ratio? I used them on a flat tappet setup; it's roller from here out so no longer need them.

TurboTR

And PSS Ron, roughly how long will a chain last like that in your experience? TIA!

TurboTR

Originally posted by TurboTR
And PSS Ron, roughly how long will a chain last like that in your experience? TIA!

TurboTR

Rollmaster, Dynagear or Comp Cams timing sets are all real good pieces, will more than likely outlast something else on your engine! I Use 3/8 pushrods and ISKY lifters along with Titanium valves, 300 on the seat and 700 over the nose, shift at 8200.

Originally posted by EightSecV6
Rollmaster, Dynagear or Comp Cams timing sets are all real good pieces, will more than likely outlast something else on your engine! I Use 3/8 pushrods and ISKY lifters along with Titanium valves, 300 on the seat and 700 over the nose, shift at 8200.

Are you having fitment issues with GN1's on the intake port and a 3/8 pushrod? Are you havinge to use an offset lifter?
Chris

Originally posted by turbobuick
Are you having fitment issues with GN1's on the intake port and a 3/8 pushrod? Are you havinge to use an offset lifter?
Chris

I use 1 piece CompCams 5/16 pushrods with GN1 heads, use Isky lifters to keep them shorter, you wont run into any problems with that combo.

What length? I have 9.100 Smitty Bros and have been concerned about that length with the rpm/spring/boost etc. I have 250 seat 600 nose springs and shift at 7k. I believe I have a crane lifter. How much longer is the Isky?
Chris Lyons

Chris maybe you could try the Manton single tapered that I have. They have less clrnc issues through the head than straight 3/8". They may be that length, I'll check. Those things are about $20-$25/ea new...

TurboTR