DFI Gen 7+ Release Date?

Suppsed to be out this week from what I heard...The Gen VII + update is supposed to really enhance the features of the box...I guess you can have any ECU upgraded to the plus by sending it in too...

Ramchargers will have it.....

The computer is the same. you just have to save the program with the gen 7+ and its updated.

It is sweet!!! :cool:

Computer is not the same, appears the same, but there have been numerous updates...Not to mention sounds like they stuffed a bit more magic dust in there...I talked to a friend who said that he is ordering now and they are giving the new units out...Its out, just not official...Kinda like stuffing 10 lbs of **** in a 5 lb bag...

It would be nice if Accel actually gave their EMICs this information instead of it being posted on this loser forum.

Should be this week. The product/marketing types just have to whip up all their usual bs, and the dealers have to be notified so they can start ordering it.

Originally posted by JrTuner
It would be nice if Accel actually gave their EMICs this information instead of it being posted on this loser forum.

Interesting choice of words. How about you take a hike and let the rest of us losers enjoy the site for the resource that it is?

jason-

i agree with you.
While he very idioticly stated how he felt he did voice an opinion that many of us feel.
The mr gasket/accel powers that be seem to keep everyone in the dark. That includes ramchargers, summit, jegs, and the many installation centers around the country.

He should still take a hike.

tunerjr- take a look around. you see mustang guys, mopar guys, chevy guys and sometimes import guys come in here. Does that seem like the traffic a "loser" forum attracts.

Get a clue.

When you say you can upgrade any box to a Gen 7+ I assume you mean only the newer Gen 7 hardware out now?

They cannot upgrade say a Gen 6 box can they? Wishful thinking, I know.

It is so funny how one word can cause such a stir within this forum. I was not refering to any person in particular or people for that matter but it was directed towards Accel because if you haven't realized it yet there people posting on this forum on their payroll. You also would see, Jason, that I do provide a good amount of knowledge from time to time on this forum. If you don't want me on here, trust me you wouldn't be breaking my heart. I have seen a lot worse name calling and people bashing on this forum than what I said. The best part is that they are usually directed to someone personally, where as I made a general statement. Lighten up.

So if this is a " loser" forum I guess that would make you guilty by association now wouldn't it??

Reggie, I dont think you'd be able to update the Gen 6 to Gen 7 simply because of all of the added features of the 7. With that many more options, there is that much more wiring...It'd be a pain to have to add all the extra wiring for injectors, additional sensors & whatnot, plus the cost of adding all that and updating, you'd be better off going with a nice new harness and 7+...

I think once the new 7+ is actually released there will be an announcement of some sort made, if it is still in development, the only thing that is going to happen is confusion because the public would probably be calling & quuizzing whoever there answers the phones just taking up more time...

Originally posted by JrTuner

I can understand why. When I tried to purchase a Gen 7 when they first came out every emic dealer I called tried to push me toward the FAST unit. All told me how much better the FAST was and how the support was. I have owned the FAST and used the GEN7 they are not even on the same planet IMO. To make the long story short I no longer own the FAST. If you want good GEN7 info call Joe at Turbo People or Accel direct I am sure there are others but I know you can get answers from one of those two.

I've had the new Gen7+ for a week. The box had to be returned. The purpose was supposedly an upgrade. But it was really to program a "lock" to prevent swapping data between Users. Also now you buy a "key" that allows limited or full access to the software. The Key is a interface between your laptop and the ECU.
Mike

One more thing. My software is clearly marked "Beta" version. I hope it's the final version.
Mike

pioneer, who did you buy yours from? If its marked BETA, you might take that up with your EMIC, its got nothing to do with Accel and what you get, I'd like to think they fill the order, if you didnt want BETA stuff, you should have specified maybe...I have heard the 7+ is a hell of a lot more bang for the buck...However, never heard of them putting a lock on anything so you cant "swap data"...??? I guess I maybe we would like to know what you are referring to....