DFI Gen 7+ Release Date?

Originally posted by 50Bucket
Flaw or absence of. I have been checking into the same things, getting a system for my mustang that will be eventually turbo'd...The setup they offer now is not made for a boosted application. Its not a problem, it doesnt exist. People are using them on their cars with boost, thats fine, it may work for some, but its not made to work with any...I dont think its really necessary to have a wideband though if it is tuned properly. Seems that people like to fall back on them, which is fine, but in all reality, if its tuned right its not necessary...

I agree, but for a street application the WB02 is a good safety. My bitch with the Gen VII is that in all the reviews no one ever mentioned that it wasn't for a boosted application. I was all set to get one until I started hearing about these problems in a boost application. It doesn't bother me one bit that it doesn't work, but how about letting everyone up front know this so they don't spend money on something that is not going to work properly... my .02....

Matt

Isn't that why it is recommeded that you install the O2 sensor in the downpipe after the turbo where the turbulence is not as great :confused:

The problem is not with the WBO2 itself because the same sensor has been used in another system since day one in boosted application without a problem. I have seen it mounted before and after the turbo and it will work both ways. It is the preferred method to mount it after the turbo because of heat and less turbulence. So the problem has to lie in how they are reading the data from the sensor and applying it in their calculations. A WBO2 closed loop system is almost mandatory these days if you don't have access to a dyno and want your vehicle to run as well as it can. It works great in street cars when setup properly for that extra insurance and all around better performance.

I went through the exact same thing, if you search my name on here you can see. Well i just picked up my FAST b2b+wb02 the other day and am feeling as though i've made the right decision,now when the new FAST comes out :mad: :rolleyes: but like i was told when i was a lil kid "strike while the iron is hot,even if you might get burned" So i bit the bullet and bought it.

Good Luck on your decision

Originally posted by 50Cobra
I agree, but for a street application the WB02 is a good safety. My bitch with the Gen VII is that in all the reviews no one ever mentioned that it wasn't for a boosted application. I was all set to get one until I started hearing about these problems in a boost application. It doesn't bother me one bit that it doesn't work, but how about letting everyone up front know this so they don't spend money on something that is not going to work properly... my .02....

Matt

AGREED!

Originally posted by JrTuner
A WBO2 closed loop system is almost mandatory these days if you don't have access to a dyno and want your vehicle to run as well as it can. It works great in street cars when setup properly for that extra insurance and all around better performance.

The Accel Gen 7+ system has a multitude of easily understood and "straight-up" adjustments for boosted motors, as well as a 3-stage nitrous system.

Nothing tedious about setting it up, no rocket-science, extremely intuitive & very pleasantly user-friendly.

The costs of "band-aiding" & the various valiant attempts at supplementing the factory ECM can total HALF the cost of the MUCH simpler Accel DFI Gen 7+, and it's easily TEN light-years better!

:) :) :) :) :)

Re: AGREED!

Originally posted by Two Lane

The costs of "band-aiding" & the various valiant attempts at supplementing the factory ECM can total HALF the cost of the MUCH simpler Accel DFI Gen 7+, and it's easily TEN light-years better!

Have you got any real data to back up your claim of TEN light years better?.

And what do YOU consider "band-aiding".

A 6Mhz processor can spend 50% of it's time, being idle since an engine is so slow in changing timing, and fuel.
Swapping injector drivers to run different injectors is just a change to change styles of injectors.
A blow thru vaneless MAF is about as restriction free as you can get.
Pop the ecm for some reason and a junkyard ecm will get you home.

So what really does an aftermarket offer?.

GEN 7+

Is anyone running a Gen 7+ on a turbo Buick now, and is it working properly under boost, or has anyone firsthand seen it work on any turbo cars with no problems, will they work on our cars , and please real experienced answers.

THANKS JEFF

It's not a Buick, but...

Look carefully at the nose of this car. Note the ACCEL/DFI sticker, and the size of the inlet next to it. That should answer your question.

Joe_dasilva.jpg

Its also on tweaked II , see TWK II in Bradenton Fl. april 11

I have a Gen 7+ on order from Lawrence Conley, He told me it works perfect on tweaked II , I was also told that it didnt need wb02, that it comes with a special heated 02,... anyway I am going to tune by EGT probe/ ea cyl. .I really like the seq. with individual cyl control at about half the price of fast. I have been playing with the demo and like it alot

JEFF

I have heard that LC is one of the premiere GN guys...??? I am sure he will set you up good Jeff...