Does anyone make reproduction hood insulation pads?

jus gotta be careful how big ur spacer is for ur intake if using a Champion or the like. on my last build I had to have a custom piece made up to lower the intake slightly cause I had a 1.5 inch spacer I believe so it did not hit the hood but I wud likely opt for the Gbody metal one now. buddy has brand new 9 hole and tempted to buy it but the metal one looks just as good.

That's the one! Those look nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Castle (world of motorworks) was the vendor that was selling hood liners at BG that he said were NOS with the lettering but they weren't, he was using decals and sells these on ebay all the time. Personally I wouldn't buy a thing from that guy. Kirban no longer offers these either. As stated above you can only get the GM liners without the logo & lettering. There are several alternatives out there. Every once in a while a 8 hole or even the very hard to find 9 hole GM liner with lettering will pop up either on here or ebay, but be prepared to pay big bucks for one of them. I did a thread that I bought a non lettered GM liner and had templates made that I then used the Goodson Hi temp aluminum spray paint and the liner turned out really nice, most people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/gn-hood-pad.409617/page-2#post-3387405

upload_2015-10-9_9-37-33.png

Paul castle selling the fakes on eBay - any idea what his user name is so I can avoid that wasted money?

Paul castle selling the fakes on eBay - any idea what his user name is so I can avoid that wasted money?

Actually he has several eBay user IDs he uses. If you ever see a hood pad on their described as 'NOS' and the seller is out of Geneva, Illinois, that's him. Heres a link to one he has on there now. He uses the same pictures over and over and puts these up about every 10days.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-87-GRA...el:Grand+National&hash=item54252ec4dc&vxp=mtr

Actually he has several eBay user IDs he uses. If you ever see a hood pad on their described as 'NOS' and the seller is out of Geneva, Illinois, that's him. Heres a link to one he has on there now. He uses the same pictures over and over and puts these up about every 10days.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-87-GRAND-NATIONAL-GN-GNX-HOOD-PAD-NEW-GM-NOS-25525977-/361401074908?fits=Make:Buick|Submodel:Grand+National&hash=item54252ec4dc&vxp=mtr

Wow - I was actually thinking of getting one or two from that exact guy. He replied via ebay I "better hurry, supplies are running out"

geez they can't even spray Turbocharged without doing it crooked. wat a crock of shit! at least take the time to put the template on str8 smh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-87-GRAND-NATIONAL-GN-GNX-HOOD-PAD-NEW-GM-NOS-25525977-/361401074908?fits=Make:Buick|Submodel:Grand+National&hash=item54252ec4dc&vxp=mtr

I've sold a lot in my day on ebay and my feedback is 100% and approaching triple his. I took screen shots in case he tries to delete his auctions. I'm from South Florida... land of scam artists, and even I wouldn't sink that low.

I've sold a lot in my day on ebay and my feedback is 100% and approaching triple his. I took screen shots in case he tries to delete his auctions. I'm from South Florida... land of scam artists, and even I wouldn't sink that low.

I just remembered, due to the volume I sell and my seller status, I have a direct contact number to eBay. I'll call them when I wake up tomorrow morning. That's just so scummy... if anyone else notices any crap like this going on feel free to message me. I'll see what I can do to get that kicked off of ebay. I just noticed the hood pads only have the 8 mounting points, not the 9. Can anyone on here point on blatant red flags I can point out to the accounts manager?

the GM replacement with the same part number as the 9 hole had an 8 hole so thats really not the issue. why they don't reproduce them in a 9 hole is a mystery to me.

I just remembered, due to the volume I sell and my seller status, I have a direct contact number to eBay. I'll call them when I wake up tomorrow morning. That's just so scummy... if anyone else notices any crap like this going on feel free to message me. I'll see what I can do to get that kicked off of ebay. I just noticed the hood pads only have the 8 mounting points, not the 9. Can anyone on here point on blatant red flags I can point out to the accounts manager?

But the GM replacement with the graphics is discontinued. The solid black 9 hole that is now an 8 hole is what 4 GM dealers told me.