Dying After Burnout?

JASON

THE ORIGANL FREAKZILLA
Every time I do a burnout and let off the gas coming out of the box the car dies EVERYTIME someone told me it was the chip but I have trid at least 4 diffrent ones and they all do it!!! is their something I can do to stop this? :confused: :mad:

Originally posted by JASON
Every time I do a burnout and let off the gas coming out of the box the car dies EVERYTIME ......is their something I can do to stop this? :confused: :mad:

Simple fix - keep the RPM up when finishing a burnout. Not a good idea to just let off the gas when at high PRM. It quickly unloads the rotating parts and can shock them.

Open the throttle blade wide open and clean the buildup of
carbon inside the throttle body, just behind the throttle plate.
The slightest buidup can restrict the air designed to flow past
the blade at idle, causing intermittent stalling when slamming
the throttle shut. Always seems to help my car out:D
I think this should be a part of the "spring cleaning", along with
cleaning the slight buildup you'll find inside the compressor
housing and wheel. I can feel the difference after cleaning
this area, the wheel spins easier, and every little bit helps:p

Use carb cleaner sprayed on a rag, for the throttle body,
reach in with your finger and watch how much black sh!t
comes out.
Then use carb cleaner sprayed onto Q-tips for cleaning the
compressor (after removing the inlet bell)

HTH

While you are cleaning the throttle body, setting minimum air rate, resetting your TPS, remove the IAC motor and clean it with carb spray and a toothbrush. A slow or stuck IAC will cause the type of stall you are experiencing.

DR

I like to set the throttle blade (min air) such that your iac number at idle is very low, almost zero. That way, when the car starts to stall, the iac has more travel to try and compensate. Steve Yaklin has always recommended this method for the Maxeffort and its worked well for me even on normal chips.
There are other adjustments in the chip to help the iac respond faster.

Eric