Dyno days this weekend at

Looks like a huge turnout. Can't imagine them getting thru 20+ vehicles in one day.

But it would be awesome to get your little V6 up there after all there pulls and just blow their minds seeing over 800 ft-lbs of torque :eek:

I went to one a couple of years age. You would be surprised how fast they can run some of them through. I wouldn't get there past noon if you want to run. You might be taking a chance of missing out. On the other hand it could be later but don't know. I'll be there by abour 11 or so. Hope some of you others
can come.

Bring your car and strap down. Lets show them some horsepower. They are nice people and were happy to see the Buicks last I was there.

I'm certainly looking forward to the next dyno day at Little Monsters in Marysville. Frank, are you thinking about calling another outing there soon ?

More timing and alky this season...oh ya, can't wait !!

Dan,

Why don't you and Frank , and anyone else for that matter, come down tomorrow and show us some horsepower. Gene and I are going to run ours. Unless they have changed their policy, they have you drive your own car on the dyno, and it's at ground level.

As for Little Monsters, I won't let those bozos drive my car again. With my 87 they ran it up on the rev limiter the first time, because he didn't know how to drive it. Duh, it's not his car. The bang scared the c--p out of me. Then I find out after that their was no fan on the IC! If I hadn't had a rev limiter we might still be in a law suit over a blown motor.

I gave them a second chance with my Stage 2 car and with new ($400) slicks on, they couldn't tell me that it was splattering rubber on the back wall. It shredded the tires. I won't risk my car with them again. Twice is enough.

Man I wish I had saturdays off.:( I still need to tune my car so maybe I'll have to spend a little time on the dyno somewheres by myself.;)

Adam

Me and Dennis got some respect for us Buick guys from some of the Ford Lightning club:cool: It would have been kewl to see more Buicks but a 1 day notice is not enough:( Just wanted to let you guys know we tryed to make you proud :D Go Fast with class:) I didnt get the numbers i would have liked but thats ok because i drove it home in one piece. 613 RWH and 604 TQ:confused:

Thanks for representing the "Fast with Class" crowd.

600HP/600TQ seems a little low. Were all the cars also seeing lower numbers than they have pulled before, which may indicate an issue with the dyno calibration ? I know dyno's vary a lot, something like +/-30%. I've heard Little Monsters records on the high end which makes the customers happy but may not be very accurate or consistent. At least dyno's are fun to compare with others pulling that same day.

Sounds like it was a fun time. Too bad I missed it.:(

Dyno Jet:)
I always think of a dyno as a line in the sand and nothing more than that. The true test is at the track and nothing can replace the feel of your car pulling hard;) Its nice to put up a good number on a dyno but i will take a time slip over a dyno number everytime:) Blowing your car up while its strapped to the floor is not the way i would want to loose a motor;)

Dennis drove his street car to the dyno and made 492 or 498 RWH on pump gas and alcohol:) Dam good numbers...

I made 492.8 RWHP and 591.1 RWTQ on Saturday at Turbo Tech.

I don't think there is much difference in readings between Little Monsters and Turbo Tech dyno's.

Two years ago at Turbo Tech with my stock block 3.8 and PT52 I made 446 RWHP and I think 516 RWTQ.

Last year at Little Monsters with 4.1 block and PT54 I made 466 RWHP and 567 RWTQ at 23-24 lb boost.

This time at Turbo Tech I changed the MAF from a 3" to a 3 1/2" and ran 26-27 lb boost. The extra 25 HP and 25 TQ increase is about what I would expect for those changes. So if there is a difference in readings between the two dyno's, I don't think it is much.

Also, going by the mph on a Moroso calculator, both my car and Gene's car are just about right on for HP compared to the dyno numbers.

Geno,
What kind of numbers did Dale's Lightning put down?

Hi Dennis...........good to see you on the net..........don't get lost surfing :D

Terry

Hey, Terry hope to see you at the track down there soon. Maybe before Turbo Thunder.

Dale came to the dyno Saturday but had issues with the computer and couldn't run it. We were all disappointed. He expected to pull 600-650 RWHP. Sure hope he gets it fixed soon. Luckily it looks like it is just a tuning problem. Lets hope.

Originally posted by 2 SLOW
Hey, Terry hope to see you at the track down there soon. Maybe before Turbo Thunder.

Dale came to the dyno Saturday but had issues with the computer and couldn't run it. We were all disappointed. He expected to pull 600-650 RWHP. Sure hope he gets it fixed soon. Luckily it looks like it is just a tuning problem. Lets hope.

Dennis,

Look here:

http://www.headsupnw.com/forums/index.php?s

We are starting the season with a Quick 16 format.We will then move into classes after about 3 or 4 races.Your Stage car would fit in the Outlaw class(because of the four link).Bring it down.......Mustang.........it's what's for dinner :D

Drag Geno and some of the other guys with ya :)

See ya!

Hey Dennis,good to finally see you on the net...:D

How did your headers turn out when you got back from vegas?Was your header guy cussing the hack who welded stainless with solid core wire?;) :cool: :D

...hey,actually this is kinda cool..we've got Gene Fleury,Dennis Hogan and Terry Ryan all on one thread...check that sh!t out...:cool:

BTW,Terry thanx for the Turbo Dodge links...

Later,Sean

Sean and Terry,

I sure would like to bring the Stage car down, but I don't think the car likes me. It ran way to hot a Vegas. I think that is part of why the crossover had to be welded. By the way Sean we are just leaving what you did alone for now.

It got so hot it stretched the valves again so I will have to at least take the heads off and get all new valves. $$$$$. The best guess right now is that the crank sensor is positioned wrong and causing the timing to be retarded. All symptoms point to that. Slow spoolup, hot EGT, and no top end pull, etc.

I will try to get the heads off or maybe even pull the motor in a few weeks. If that is all that is wrong I hope to have it running by the end of May. But really need to get this high EGT problem solved so I don't cook the valves again. Not to mention getting it to run right. If there are serious problems, meaning big money, it could put the car on hold indefinitely.

In the meantime the 87 is running great and I would like to run it a few times. The HP it has now says it should run mid 10's at about 130 mph. Gene is going to notch the frame rails so I can get a 28" tire on. I'd like to put ET Streets on so I can run a Street legal class. Would that be fast enough for that class, or are there a lot of faster cars in that class? I will be running it on pump gas and Methanol through the mufflers as usual. Let me know what you think.

In a perfect world my truck might make 650 at the wheels.....someday. But it sure wasn't going to happen that day.

The problems started late friday night when I found a melted spark plug in #4 hole. It was 2:00 am and all I had on the shelf was a set of BERU/Silverstone NON-resistor spark plugs that I had bought just as and experiment. Well they didn't work, my truck is real sensitive to RFI and the non resistor plugs raised hell with the computer.

It was probably a good thing.....it kept me from doing something stupid......like getting on the dyno with out ever figuring out why I melted #4 in the first place.
Dale R.

Im looking forward to seeing the look on peoples faces when that thing puts a number on the board at the track:eek: