E85 conversion!

dvernst

Just got my modified ecm for 120lbs injectors. First step in my conversion that I'm hoping to have finished by spring. I'm going to run new feed and return lines, and the Walbro 416lph pump.

ForumRunner_20121207_210443.png

Nice!
I live in the good ol' Permian Basin where oil is sucked from under our feet like it's going out if style and all we get around here for fuel is some watered down crap that cause a lot of problems. Wish we had corn juice here! Race gas is too much $$.

That sucks! E85 is readily available around here. Have a couple friends using e85 now for a couple of years, and so far no negatives. Can't wait!

Dave,
Im interested in the E85 thing myself. I want to run 125mph. What injectors are safe to that level and a little above?

120's. I'm getting the 416 lph pump from Racetronix. It won't fully support 120's, but it's enough for 125mph. I think we figured about 640 HP for that speed. I have a similar goal.

Don't forget a volt booster! Gabby had me put one on and I did see a drop in my injector duty cycle. It will squeeze more fuel out of that 416.

So your gonna have to drop the rear end again to get the fuel pump in the car?
I may just add a 416 when I do that rearend.

I think we are up to about 5 stations within a couple miles of here that have E85 now. They just opened that new Shell on Randall Rd down by I90, have it there. Thorntons in Algonquin, Shell in Crystal Lake, that speedy whatever over on Huntley Blacktop and Randall Rd.

TT/Ameasap said:
So your gonna have to drop the rear end again to get the fuel pump in the car?
I may just add a 416 when I do that rearend.

Yes. Not really a big deal though. I've had it all apart so many times it's pretty easy now. Are you going to run new fuel lines?

BEATAV8 said:
I think we are up to about 5 stations within a couple miles of here that have E85 now. They just opened that new Shell on Randall Rd down by I90, have it there. Thorntons in Algonquin, Shell in Crystal Lake, that speedy whatever over on Huntley Blacktop and Randall Rd.

Yes. We definitely live in a good spot. It's gonna be weird for me to fill my car at the pump.

Got the G7 double pumper kit from racetronix and upgraded alkycontrol pump just arrived... I'll be burning e85 and alky my friends.
Power logger is next with Eric's SD chip(to eliminate MAF).

TT/Ameasap said:
Got the G7 double pumper kit from racetronix and upgraded alkycontrol pump just arrived... I'll be burning e85 and alky my friends.
Power logger is next with Eric's SD chip(to eliminate MAF).

Is this the kit that comes with the new hanger?

Ya, im talking with them right now. I may just go the 416 rout and call it good. Theres going to be some custom work invoved to make the duals actually work from what I understand. I gotta keep this simple.

Id rather bring this info over here for future reference.
Ok. Now we know nothing is going to work without modifications. The TTA hanger(sending unit) lines will not accomidate the bigger lines required to run E85 because nobody makes it.