Very cool but big $$$$$

Size Product Code Price
P255/60 – R15 114-389-196 $355.00
P215/65 – R15 114-610-196 $325.00 :eek:

Very cool but big $$$$$

Size Product Code Price
P255/60 – R15 114-389-196 $355.00
P215/65 – R15 114-610-196 $325.00 :eek:

Yeah, and big $$$ for tires that really sucked, especially in the rain! I guess for a concours car........

It was only a matter of time. Kelsey reproduced impossible to find goodyear redlines and Polyglas tires in rare sizes in the past.

They suck by today's standards, but Eagle GT's were lightyears ahead of tires from the early 80's.

We use Kelsey's repops on the Pure Stock drag cars, and the FAST guys use them as well. The new rubber compounds that they use on these tires are much better than the original tires are made from. Kelsey does a great job with them... heck two of the FAST cars have been in the 9's, and quite a few of them are in the 10's. When you heat them up they stick quite well.

Rusty Small knows the Kelsey crew quite well... if you have questions about these, shoot him an email at smallhurst@gmail.com. He's fairly close to Kelsey, has spent a lot of time around the Pure Stock crowd, and can answer questions way better than most people. He broke an axle in his Pure Stock '69 H/O at the dragstrip a few years ago on the repop polyglass... they do pretty well!

Anyways, it's good to see the offering... if I did have the 17's on mine, I'd be considering a set. I had Goodrich Radial T/A's on the stock wheels, and they were terrible.

Those tires sucked from day one.

Great news for garage queens though. :cool:

My first set of Dunlp D40 M2's were light years ahead of those Eagles, now if they would only bring them back. :p

Salvage, you are right that Dunlops had a bunch more traction... I loved those on my 5.0, but the EGT's handled better than the radial TA's of the time. Not so good in a straight line with their high pitched squeaking, however. My Eagles GT saved my butt on more than a few mountain roads in the 80's, when I went into corners faster than I should have.

I used to love it when I got used Eagles in my shop because they were easy to burn on my 73 Dodge when I was a kid..LOL!. I try not to spin tires now. I guess my NOS GT's are worth less now that they are being reproduced.

Any tire is better than a radial TA. :p

NOS will probably still be worth the coin unless it's an exact repro. but if date coded they won't be NOS.

I brought my car in twice for slow turn grinding, more whale in the rear, tried the green Kenne Bell stuff too, nothing worked until I burned up the tires at 18K miles and went to the Dunlops in 235/60/15.

No more slow tight turn noise from the rear end clutches. :cool:

Previous Kelsey repo goodyears also have a country code that isn't the US. The Goodyear redlines on our '68 AMX were from Argentina or someplace strange like that. That was weird when we found that out.

Hello!!!! I can hep out with any questions you might have about these tires.

As for where the tires are made..... when Kelsey stated out, Goodyear still was producing bias tires in Argentina. Currently, all of the tires that Kelsey has in his catalog are made in the USA!!!!

Those tires sucked from day one.

Great news for garage queens though. :cool:

My
first set of Dunlp D40 M2's were light years ahead of those Eagles, now if they would only bring them back. :p

hello; I had those D40 M2's and I liked them also. From what I remember they where not cheap and I got them mail order.
IBBY

Yeah they were about the same price as new Nittos which are larger size today.

They were used on the Porsche 928 from the factory too back then.

They handled good too.

The price may be high, but if you are interested in these tires, contact me. I can give you the best price in the country on these tires. My cell is 816-654-3400.

Rusty