Ebay Ta Performance Knock Offs L@@k Inside For Pictures

The TA knock offs are certainly not a bolt on ( well maybe physically ). The port alignment needs modding, the v-band flanges are as cheap as it comes, and the head and turbo flanges are not straight. So with some good v-band flanges/clamps, turbo flange, welding, and grinding, I will have about $550-$600 into them and they will be right. I'm still $500 ahead. Maybe I should have gone TA's, but I did what I did. My stock headers are capable of 9's, so these should atleast go there. The reason that I went away from the stockers was to go external with the wastegate---I didn't want to cut my Jet hotted/ported stock pieces. If I were to be running an internal gate, I would still be stock.

so your saying with little work(for a fabricater such as myself) i can get these headers to work?

Im thinking just cutting off the ebay flanges off the headers and reweld the primarys on to the flanges to make alignment correct.Weld on spacers for the header bolts where needed then cut off the "chinese style v bands" and put on real v bands. Weld on my T4 flange. Then weld a pipe for my external gate. I should have myself a nice header?

Im thinking

My 2 cents.......

So what's the solution?

Pay $300 and get so called vile china crap or 3x as much($1000 for stainless) and still not always get what you paid for. In reality they are not going to stop making them, somebody could make a pretty penny making corrections on these headers and selling the one's that fit properly. I believe G-Body parts does this and yeah there made in china but it takes an American to get them to fit/work right. I have a set I would pay someone to fix I bought for $150 I can't afford not to use them!!!!:biggrin: