Electronic Boost controller

I'm running the ams 500V2 on co2 . It is a timed based controller and that's it . It does control the boost extremely well . I got a great deal on it that's why I'm running it . Personally if I had to pay full price I would get the boost leash with the bump box built in . If it didn't have the bump box added to it the boost leash and ams 500V2 are identical in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_5041.jpg
    IMG_5041.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 375
I ran a original first edition Trust/Greddy Profec-B (1.0). This EBC is highly regarded as one of the most reliable, accurate and stable EBC's ever produced.

I pulled the trigger on the scg-1 and it arrived today. I wanted a digital boost gauge and the boost cut vs a/f feature was real nice. I know I'm going to have to mess with the programming to set it up the way I want. I'll keep you'll posted on how it performs.

The leash/bump box was my first choice but could not bring myself to drop the cash on that unit.

I wanted an electronic boost controller that wouldn't break the bank and went with an HDI that I found a number of guys running imports were using. It was under $200.00 dollars and works fine. It also have a second button that you can have as a preset higher boost level incase you get called out at a stop light you just push your the button and it will go to the higher preset saved boost limit. After the race you can switch it back to your lower boost limit with the push of a button. The only thing it doesn't have is a electronic read out. You will have to set your boost limits with your elec boost gauge. but for under $200.00 it is a good deal.IMO

I will say this, the scg-1 is a nifty piece with a lot of tunability but one little issue that crawls my ass lol. 2017 why the hell would innovative provide a db9 serial port to program the thing on your laptop...?? My laptop doesn't have serial port connection and out of about 50 different models at best buy none of them had serial port access. Luckily they did have a serial port to usb adapter for $20 I'm hoping works out.

While I agree with that and have said it myself I have a theory. Serial just works. Period. No if and or buts it works reliably. By using serial they now are free of having to deal with drivers and security certificates with microsoft etc. All that BS is now pushed off to the vendor of your serial port USB adapter. Drivers / compatibility / updates is something the manufacture of the adapter has to worry about which isnt a huge deal since they sell hundreds of thousands of them so its worth it. So they provide serial comm and never have to worry about that BS lol. Just my speculation. I agree it would be nice if everything was USB....or IP based

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I would not recommend this device to anyone at this time. Very unstable boost curve. If I cant get boost more stable I'm going back to a mbc. Started with a 1 bar spring in a tial 38mm gate. wg duty cycle set to 4 and boost hit 22psi. Switched to a 10psi spring and boost was 13psi 1-2nd gear but went to 17 psi in 3rd. Maybe I need to upgrade to a bigger gate...???

SGRIM and Bob are planning another run of the ISAC, check the alky section. The minute it goes for sale I will be buying it. May interest some of those looking at this thread. It is an advanced alky controller and a boost controller. Very cool looking piece, and Bob makes great stuff.

I love my boost leash . It is super accurate plus it has the bump box . And scramble mode where you can force it to a certain boost level or add acouple lbs if you are racing and are just a bumper behind or in front
IMG_3645.JPG

Love my Boost Leash, I just bought the billet MAP sensor a minute ago too. The plastic one is a little sketchy. I run using a CO2 setup from kegconnection. Paintball store fills the tank once per season.

I use a 2 psi spring in a 44mm precision gate, mounted off the wastegate hole (ported) to control the 6262 on my car down to 8 psi or less. Works well with the transbrake and 2step, very consistent.

Love my Boost Leash, I just bought the billet MAP sensor a minute ago too. The plastic one is a little sketchy. I run using a CO2 setup from kegconnection. Paintball store fills the tank once per season.

I use a 2 psi spring in a 44mm precision gate, mounted off the wastegate hole (ported) to control the 6262 on my car down to 8 psi or less. Works well with the transbrake and 2step, very consistent.
Did you get the pro software aswell . I said F**k it and spent the extra for the pro software and billet case .

I'm going to give the scg-1 a shot this year and if I cant get theresults I'm after I'll probably switch to the leash.

Did you get the pro software aswell . I said F**k it and spent the extra for the pro software and billet case .

Unfortunately I don't think that it was offered at the time I purchased mine. What is the Pro portion? Yours does look a bit different from mine. I do have a combined box with boost/pulse.

That SCG-1 looks pretty sharp. I forgot all about the ISAC too......that was some serious hardware at the time!!

I too am in the market for an electronic boost controller so i'm going to keep an eye on this.

Unfortunately I don't think that it was offered at the time I purchased mine. What is the Pro portion? Yours does look a bit different from mine. I do have a combined box with boost/pulse.
The pro has different software that allows me to control the settings down to 1/10 of a psi . Instead of 1 psi .