Engineer/math minds HELP!!

Sure wish I had that time delay to full power. I'm using a start of 50% ramped in over .8 sec which I'm sure is too little and too long.

You guys are awful demanding:biggrin: Donnie here is some data that you can look at and determine what you want to from it. The throttle was told to open about .2 before the brake released. The following shows info including boost at .2 increments starting at .000 Mike:cool:

Attachments

• MVC-207S.JPG
    MVC-207S.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 135
  • MVC-208S.JPG
    MVC-208S.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 129
  • MVC-209S.JPG
    MVC-209S.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 131
  • MVC-210S.JPG
    MVC-210S.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 125
  • MVC-211S.JPG
    MVC-211S.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 147
You guys are awful demanding:biggrin: Donnie here is some data that you can look at and determine what you want to from it. The throttle was told to open about .2 before the brake released. The following shows info including boost at .2 increments starting at .000 Mike:cool:

Hey...... I don't even ask for pictures :wink: I just want the data!

This ought to be worth a beer at some point....... I'm drained..... LOL

I'm probably fixing to show my ignorance....... but is the torque multiplication basically the number of engine RPM divided by the number of trans input shaft RPM?

so... the more slip.... the more theoretical "torque" you are multiplying?

I'm probably fixing to show my ignorance....... but is the torque multiplication basically the number of engine RPM divided by the number of trans input shaft RPM?

so... the more slip.... the more theoretical "torque" you are multiplying?
Torque multiplication is one parameter. TC slip is another. Although, the torque multiplication will affect TC slip.

Mike, how long does it take for that air cylinder to go to WOT at the launch? I'm sure it doesn't just slap open.
The reason I ask is because for me to get the sim to match your rpm rise at the launch, I have to input a gradual ramp up of power. Between .5 to .7 sec.

Mike, how long does it take for that air cylinder to go to WOT at the launch? I'm sure it doesn't just slap open.
The reason I ask is because for me to get the sim to match your rpm rise at the launch, I have to input a gradual ramp up of power. Between .5 to .7 sec.

I just checked my log book and for some reason I didnt log what I had the SLE (starting line enhancer0 timer set at. Im fairly sure it was at .2 before the brake release. As you can see in the last pics I posted at .000 (brake release) I believe it had 26# of boost and climbing rapidly. I would say that it is WOT at the start. Doesnt sound like thats what you want to hear , but there it is!! Mike:cool:

I knew it shifted pretty early but 173' ??? That sucks!!!

I just checked my log book and for some reason I didnt log what I had the SLE (starting line enhancer0 timer set at. Im fairly sure it was at .2 before the brake release. As you can see in the last pics I posted at .000 (brake release) I believe it had 26# of boost and climbing rapidly. I would say that it is WOT at the start. Doesnt sound like thats what you want to hear , but there it is!! Mike:cool:

I knew it shifted pretty early but 173' ??? That sucks!!!

Both Donnie and I are both thinking this actually happens sooner.... like 151'. :eek:

Both Donnie and I are both thinking this actually happens sooner.... like 151'. :eek:

Well hopefully you guys have enough info to come up with a unanamous decision about approx where it shifts now , and maybe give me an idea of how much further it would travel with a 1.69 ratio!! Sleep tight!! Mike:cool:

Well, no matter how much I play with the launch, the result seems to stay close to 151' with the 1.8 gear. I also gave my estimate for the 1.69 gearset earlier. Good night all.

And G-force.

edit: Correction to your tire slip numbers. 18, 6, and 3. I also increased the torque multiplier for the TC by .05. That got me right on a 3.4 G at the hit. 156' at the 1.688 sec mark, with the 1.8 gear. 204' at the 2.016 sec mark and 8040 rpm with the 1.69 gear.

So is this the final verdict. Currently with the 1.80 @ 8000 = 1.688 seconds @ 156' , and changing to a 1.69 @ 8000 = 204' @ 2.016 seconds???

While your on a roll, can you extend the low gear charge to 8500rpm and give me a time and distance traveled?? This is really good info!! I really appreciate you guys help on this. You are helping to mastermind the first Buick powered vehicle to break into the 3 second zone in the 660'

Thanks so much!!! Mike:cool:

I'm still playing a little bit.

When I plot the actual acceleration over time..... it flattens way out past the .6 - .65 sec.

I could assume that for at least say 1/2 a sec on out past the 1.7 sec......that the acceleration rate isn't too much different than at the 1.705 mark.

This assumption will allow me to make an educated guess how long it will take to get to 129 mph (when you change tranny gearsets) vs the 1.7 sec to get to 121 mph. That should lead me to how much distance it will take as well.

I'm still playing a little bit.

When I plot the actual acceleration over time..... it flattens way out past the .6 - .65 sec.

I could assume that for at least say 1/2 a sec on out past the 1.7 sec......that the acceleration rate isn't too much different than at the 1.705 mark.

This assumption will allow me to make an educated guess how long it will take to get to 129 mph (when you change tranny gearsets) vs the 1.7 sec to get to 121 mph. That should lead me to how much distance it will take as well.
I have the G-force at 1.88 at 1.7 sec and 1.22 at 2.2 sec. It may not match the datalog, but it shows that the G-force does ramp down throughout the run. The ramp is shallower as the run progresses.

With the 1.69 gear and 8500 rpm shift point, I have 2.35 sec, 257'. With the slip factor changing with this TC, I'm sure the accuracy of the sim is getting worse as the run progresses out.

I have the G-force at 1.88 at 1.7 sec and 1.22 at 2.2 sec. It may not match the datalog, but it shows that the G-force does ramp down throughout the run. The ramp is shallower as the run progresses.

Yes you are correct , the G force continually drops as the run progresses. I believe mine was down to about .5 Gs near the 1200' mark. Mike:cool: