Extreme budget GN build thread

wow man, i just read this thread from cover to cover and im impressed. work was done solid,especially since u dont have state of the art tools and equipment. good job, im sure ill be pm'in you for some sort of question in the future. again nice work-j

Nos4gn.com. they have no holes in the material, but have the cardboard backing marked so you cutout whatever you want depending on if you have power or manual windows, want the door straps, etc. My only beef with them is that the tops are not metal like the OEM's.

Update! I found a few more pics of the motor build and added them back into the thread. I'm still missing 3 pics that are probably gone forever, but at least I got most of them back.

I've been referring back to this thread and amazes me every time.

Funny I was in Queen Creek/San Tan Valley the last week and a half.

I've been referring back to this thread and amazes me every time.

Funny I was in Queen Creek/San Tan Valley the last week and a half.

You should have hit me up. I still have some work to do on the car still. I got the book for aligning windows and am hoping to get all the wind noise gone someday. I also still need to do a dash cluster upgrade at some point. Another thing on the list is possibly ditching the LS1 MAF and Gen II translator for a SD2 chip setup. I'm kind of taking a break from working on this car for now and am focusing on other projects for awhile.

You should have hit me up. I still have some work to do on the car still. I got the book for aligning windows and am hoping to get all the wind noise gone someday. I also still need to do a dash cluster upgrade at some point. Another thing on the list is possibly ditching the LS1 MAF and Gen II translator for a SD2 chip setup. I'm kind of taking a break from working on this car for now and am focusing on other projects for awhile.

I will next time I'm in town. Just moved to Texas from North Carolina and we had my mother in law helping us. Drove her back home to Queen Creek and then helped her move as she just sold her house. Haha!
Wind Noise yeah the biggest PITA! I only hate that a tad more than all the road noise. I need to align windows/doors but I need new weatherstrip then new paint so why bother. Lol
Taking a break this year as well.

The convos are not as common as the GTA's, but I'm sick of having skinnies in the front for regular driving. I will keep them around for possible track rims.

The skinnys fronts ride 10x's better they don't follow the ruts in the road ? Put about 10k miles on the 3.5 fronts rain or shine with DR's on the back... Jack cotton seen me drive from Rockingham to Fayetville NC in the rain then back to sc.. in the rain

Update folks. Finally got to one more thing I've wanted to do forever on this build. S10 digital cluster swap!
Here is the thread for the how to:
http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/s10-digital-dash-install.448246/

img_20170130_162023225-jpg.297887