Extreme budget GN build thread

Very nice! Your CRX too?

Haha, you saw that. Yes, that is my '90 CRX Si. It's my DD. I absolutely love driving it, and gas mileage is around 36-37 around town. I had one in college, and it was the best car I ever had. So, I got another one a couple years ago. :)

Haha, you saw that. Yes, that is my '90 CRX Si. It's my DD. I absolutely love driving it, and gas mileage is around 36-37 around town. I had one in college, and it was the best car I ever had. So, I got another one a couple years ago. :)
You need to change your name to ricerMike then.:p

Great cars. Always wanted one but I've ridden in many of them!

I'll get some better pics up later, but here is it outside:

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

It looks amazing Mike, I'm sorry I couldn't be there to help. But when we come back for a visit I'm all in.

Wil.

Wow! Amazing! ! Doing my build , and frankly going to follow your footsteps, Haveone question for you. Are the pull stayed for end upper panels not an option weeks ordering New ones ? I mean if I wanted to put it back with the term and straps would I have to cut holes myself ?

You can either reuse your old ones or buy new replacements and put them on the door panels. The door panels come with no holes in the material, but perforations where you cut our the holes based on whether you want to put the upper straps back in, have power or crank windows, etc. I just chose not to put them in for now since mine are rough and really don't like them anyway.

Mike

Great thread on ur build, i tend to do alot of my own work so this is nice to see how someone else approaches the same projects I'm looking at.

Cool read and thanks for all the pics while telling the story!

Tad
87 GN
Sent from HTC Sensation

Alright, I'm going to add to this. I finished my audio and carpeted the trunk. Check this out:

Here is the box I built:

IMG_20130515_211031

IMG_20130515_211113

I started the carpeting by laying down 1/2" jute padding and making that my template to cut the bottom carpet. Here is the bottom laid out in the trunk.

IMG_20130520_190255

Here is the box carpeted:

IMG_20130520_190324

I got in the zone and finished up without taking any more pics of the progress.

IMG_20130524_153513

IMG_20130524_153415

IMG_20130524_153247

I was able to get all the supplies for around $90, but my math was wrong and I bought way too much product. I probably could have done this all for around $70. I ran the wires for the amp in the channels in the floor so they wouldn't get smashed. I used some thick headliner board for the side pieces. I was not exactly scientific with my approach on this. I just cut with the largest dimensions and cut parts down while I was mocking it up. All in all it turned out pretty decent.