F.A.S.T. XFI special COMPLETE AND INSTALLED!

BTW... how fast did your single turbo V6 go?

I believe that record is burnt into history forever.
Dont think anyone will ever hit those numbers again with a single turbo
I give Bill props for taking the time to to it with a V6.

I am leaning towards the clutch thanks to your input.

BTW... how fast did your single turbo V6 go?

Dave, the more I think about it, the more I am dead against the clutch setup. I think we can accomplish what we need to do with the automatic.

The biggest thing is I have no freaking clue how to tune/work with a clutch and if you want help from me, I won't be able to do a thing in that department besides hand you wrenches and beer.

Don't mean to step on your toes Bill, but I have to disagree on this one, I think the auto will be the way to go.

Bill, can you PM me a price on a BS3 system with DAE, DAI, LSX COP with the 60-2 setup and the Racepak interface.

I believe that record is burnt into history forever.
Dont think anyone will ever hit those numbers again with a single turbo
I give Bill props for taking the time to to it with a V6.

Yep, and to think he won Q-16 with that thing too.... :cool:

Clutches are badass for turbo cars but they are a TON of work. Im going away from the clutch this next time around and going with a odd combo.

If I was racing for $$$$, Id do a clutch in a second. But racing for fun, a clutch sucks every ounce of fun out of it.

Dave, if you (or anybody) is looking a clutch setup for a V6 let me know. We are selling ours out of the twin car.....

It is a Lenco CS1 4sp w/reverse and a triple disk clutch with no full passes on the clutch like new!!! PM me with an offer:biggrin: Everything you need to put in the V6!

Dave, the more I think about it, the more I am dead against the clutch setup. I think we can accomplish what we need to do with the automatic.

The biggest thing is I have no freaking clue how to tune/work with a clutch and if you want help from me, I won't be able to do a thing in that department besides hand you wrenches and beer.

Don't mean to step on your toes Bill, but I have to disagree on this one, I think the auto will be the way to go.

Bill, can you PM me a price on a BS3 system with DAE, DAI, LSX COP with the 60-2 setup and the Racepak interface.

I agree also Ted,With a Neil Chance convertor the slip should be so minimal there wouldnt be much gain except for spooling a extremely large turbo

IMHO There are very few EFI tuners in the country that have a handle on clutch tuning with a turbo. It's not easy, if it were, everyone would do it. Dave, you need to stick with the clutch, I GUARANTEE I can get you down the track with a very respectable and repeatable number within 4 passes and ONE track outing. The choice is yours:biggrin: :biggrin:

PM sent on the price Ted.

IMHO There are very few EFI tuners in the country that have a handle on clutch tuning with a turbo. It's not easy, if it were, everyone would do it. Dave, you need to stick with the clutch, I GUARANTEE I can get you down the track with a very respectable and repeatable number within 4 passes and ONE track outing. The choice is yours:biggrin: :biggrin:

I may take you up on that offer Bill. It's nice to know that someone can get the job done at ONE track outing.

IMHO There are very few EFI tuners in the country that have a handle on clutch tuning with a turbo. It's not easy, if it were, everyone would do it..

Wow and I got one of them as my personal crew cheif;)

Dave. Ted stopped by today, we did the math and some checking around, we concluded that after looking at all things including cost and availability that an auto would be the better choice.
Mike

Bill,
I tried to get ahold of you at the shop, might have missed you during your lunch hour and your POS cell phone is worse than my Nextel (sorry had to say it!!!). I got the go for the BS3 unit you quoted. Give me a call tomorrow anytime and I'll give you the details on his contact information. I know as of now he is does not have the time to drive the car out for your generous offer of the use of the dyno with the purchase of the system.

Thanks alot.

Ted

yes you do and he knows how difficult it is, hence the reason you wont be using one:biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin:

I think I can go just about as fast without a clutch. Less work for me, hence I wont be running one this time around. I never thought it was that difficult, its just more work than I want to do.

The sale is still good until the end of the month! Due to the amount we have moved on the sale, the install/dyno will be pushed back a little. We will still be able to complete by the end of October for any future customers.

I hear there is also a good one in Hebron, IN. :eek: ;)