Factory Alarm?

jcawley3

Will someone please explain how the factory alarm worked? how to turn it on /off what it monitered, how it shut the car down ,,etc etc
how someone would know if they have it?
Thanks......

oh yeah...most important question.....could this be keeping my car from starting since I just went from my stock starter to a mini starter?

I know if you unlock the door by pulling the door lock knob up through an open window it alarms. There is a switch that senses the key in the door lock and senses it turned to the unlock position. Also I think when you press the door lock switch it arms the alarm. You can bypass the factory alarm if you don't use it any more. I have my factory one if you need another one. I removed all the unused wiring in the car since I'm using a stand alone fuel management system.

Attachments

• alarm.JPG
    alarm.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 270
Sorry .....not an attempt to hi jack, just thought it'd be unecessary to start a new post

What did the factory alarm box look like?
I have a disarmed alarm system in my GN with a box and bundle ot wires under my dash, and it's a no name. I dunno if it's factory or aftermarket. I want to pull it out to replace it with a new one with GPS but have no clue where to start and don't want to create a car that won't run when I have one that does run.

The factory alarm box is about the size of a pack of cigarettes, located on the drivers side up under the dash. I had problems with my factory alarm going off in the middle of the night for no reason, The alarm module had #1620783 on it.

no start/factory alarm related

I have a Limited with a no start problem. It ran fine but had a broken steering column and some wires under the dash cut from an attempted theft. Reconnected them and replaced the steering column with a boneyard unit now I am being told it is not the right one and for some reason car lost injector pulse and no fire. Can it be that the factory alarm/module was cut out in theft attempt and or causing this problem. Interested in figuring this out.

The factory alarm is a simple starter interrupt circuit like most alarms.

If the car won't crank it would be in the wiring.

Not sure if the column could affect the injectors perhaps no IGN power going to the ECM somewhere.

A weak battery can cause the alarm to go off in the middle of the night as well, if it functions normally at all other times.

If you lost injector pulse and ignition spark, the main power wire, pink with black stripe probably got cut. Check for power at the coil pack on the main connector the pink/black to ground.