Factory Five Kit Car

Hey Rick,
You build it, I'll drive it.:cool:
If I do a kitcar, it will be a 40 Willys with a 572 HEMI.:eek:

Coach:biggrin:

Thinking of helping people build there dream cars...:D

im actually planning on building a gtm....although it may not be a supercar when im done!

I have a 2002 corvette and have thought about the gtm. I also have entertained the idea of building the cobras as an investment.

im actually planning on building a gtm....although it may not be a supercar when im done!
this is funny...in what garage are you doing this...even if you moved and had a 4 car garage,it still would be covered with the Peoples champ parts all over

you have to build em yourself sweetpea;) j/k ive heard the same about the quality.

I friend of mine had a superperformance built car , It was pretty sweet.
smallblock/stroked 5 speed. Built pretty nice.

My buddy has a GTM. If you never sat in one your in for an experience, like a cockpit with about 5 inches of windshield to see out of. Verry low car.

Attachments

• Gbody 012.jpg
    Gbody 012.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 496
  • Gbody 013.jpg
    Gbody 013.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 529
I saw the GTM Supercar in a ad about a year ago and then recently on Hosepower TV they dropped an Crate LS into one. I love the look and would definately love to build one! I just dont have the start up money (20k?) to buy the kit much less a wrecked Vette (Z06) and the Porsche Gear Box to go with it!!! But i certainly love the look, no one would know what the hell it is!! Everyone would think "Super Exotic!!!!"

Yea, i want one!!

:biggrin:

I don't, but several of my friends know a local guy who's built and sold several of the Cobra's. He's currently raffling one with $5 tickets. I could get more info if anybody's interested.

I friend of mine had a superperformance built car , It was pretty sweet.
smallblock/stroked 5 speed. Built pretty nice.

They are a very nice car !! I did hallucinate about doing one with a Buick . I had an original 66 427 back in the day :cool:
... I have watched Factory Fives at the drags . NOTHING impressive at all !!! AND when they launched the car looked like it was goin to fall apart at the line !!! Windshield shook like crazy, wheelhop like a mo fo.. Body shaking.. Didn't impress me at all.:eek:
.. Now I am getting old ... No wait.. I am old :p an when I look at the construction of the kit cars I have to think what would happen if ya get hit. It's not goin to be pretty. Especially with the newer cars and trucks that sit a little high. Cobra's are LOW to the ground .. I can't afford to loose any more brain cells :biggrin:

I've considered many times over the FF Cobra kits, the GTM is a awesome looking car, but tough pill to swallow for me for cost reasoning.

Cobra's are LOW to the ground .. I can't afford to loose any more brain cells :biggrin:

I wouldn't worry about brain cells, something else that hangs lower....:biggrin:

I wouldn't worry about brain cells, something else that hangs lower....:biggrin:

OUCH :eek::biggrin: I saw a FF Cobra Daytona Coupe in person.. Really liked that to !! You could put AC in it.. Then started to look at the car close and started thinking about the what if's :p

I actually live near the Factory Five factory, and have toured their facility. It is quite nice actually.