FAST XFI Install

Getting close. Here's a clear picture finally. I like the simple setup. More room to work and less mess on top of the engine.
engine.jpg

I apologize guys. My thread got off topic with the intake mods. Time to get back to FAST Install. Box is mounted so now its time to remove my Chip setup. Pictures are coming.

I apologize guys. My thread got off topic with the intake mods. Time to get back to FAST Install. Box is mounted so now its time to remove my Chip setup. Pictures are coming.
Hey, its your thread......do what you want too......We like

Bryan

Get busy! :D I'm going off the grid this Friday and want to get you up and running before I leave.

Now we are getting somewhere. Adapter Box is mounted. A Little 3m double sided tape and it's a perfect fit. Stock wiring plugs right in and I have plenty of harness to reach the FAST Box.
adapter1.jpg

Wideband is hooked up. Removed the pins from the plug so the hole through the body would be no larger than the wire loom. I'm to mostly plug and play now.
plug1.jpg

It was close but the glove box closes just fine. The install is about done. It really is just plug and play. MAP sensor is installed under the dash now and the vacuum line was a easy install. Ran it through the fire wall and plugged it into the push lock fitting. Simple. It has been harder removing the AEM Wideband, Powerlogger, and Scanmaster than the FAST install has been. I spent hours running wires and lines along with the factory wiring to hide everything and place them where I wanted them. Totally not neccesary. Everything is hide in the dash anyway.:rolleyes: I have had a blast doing this install. I know where everything is placed and everything is plesant to the eyes.

Everything is about finished up. Tonight I get to see if the laptop will connect with the fast system. I'm not computer smart by any means.:D

It was close but the glove box closes just fine. The install is about done. It really is just plug and play. MAP sensor is installed under the dash now and the vacuum line was a easy install. Ran it through the fire wall and plugged it into the push lock fitting. Simple. It has been harder removing the AEM Wideband, Powerlogger, and Scanmaster than the FAST install has been. I spent hours running wires and lines along with the factory wiring to hide everything and place them where I wanted them. Totally not neccesary. Everything is hide in the dash anyway.:rolleyes: I have had a blast doing this install. I know where everything is placed and everything is plesant to the eyes.
Can't wait to do mine next week:D

Laptop and the FAST ECU have connected. After work we will attempt the first start up. Stay tuned!:D

Sorry guys I'm back!:p First turn of the key and she started. Got the TPS set and got the idle A/F ratio right on target. It's really cool to sit outside the car in my chair and make adjustments and hear the car change just by listening.:D The start up process and the adjustments to A/F at idle have been very straight forward and easy to understand. Cal has been shooting me PM's dailey even though he's supposed to be relaxing I think. I knew well ahead of time that he would be unavailabe but he's still helping. Now there's some support. I wouldn't even have expected anyone to do that. I had a few questions that JD and Patrick helped me with. I appreciate that guys. Called both these guys late. Sorry!!!:(

My idle A/F was close from the turn of the key and only had to make small adjustments. With the laptop plugged into the FAST ECU I could sit outside the car and make adjustments and actually hear the idle get smoother and more precise. The amount of information this system gives is just mind blowing. The adapter harness has lights to show that everything is ready as well as the FAST ECU. You know everything is pretty much in check before you turn the key.