Fiberglass Hoods

Hartline Perf.

Looking for a Top Quality Fiberglass Hood! We are Currently taking Pre-Orders for Bowling Green.
We will be bringing a limited supply of our Fiberglass hoods, so if you are looking to get one, please give us a call and we will bring it to the GS Nationals.
The hoods are $495.00, call Hartline Performance 321-722-1563 to order!

'87 GN engine shots - Hartline Fibreglass hood 010.jpg

Fiberglass bumpers

Unfortunately, I do not have a good bumper for him to make a mold with. And if I were to get him one, he would not have time to get them done before Bowling Green. Sorry Dusty :(

I will try to get a bumper from someone down here in Florida and get a mold made. Then bring some to Reynolds!

Thanks,
Holly Hartline

I might have drive up to Melborne to get one of those. Are they bolt on or ? If they are bolt on do you carry the struts?

Yes, these fiberglass hoods are a direct bolt on. You would use your original brackets. You will need fiberglass hood struts or old worn out struts that do not quite hold up a metal hood. You would also need to change your release spring to a weaker one, the one on the car is a little bit too strong for the fiberglass and might crack the hood when you shut it.
You can also install a Hoodliner on these hoods!
If you wish to order one, please give us a call at 321-722-1563

Thank you,
Holly Hartline
Hartline Performance

I have one of these hoods, and they are top notch! YOu definitely get what you pay for. Fitment, excellent. Appearance, excellent. They really look like a steel hood, complete with underhood bracing and cowl trim molded in. Buy with confidence.

That's a painted version. The do come black gel-coated, just not THAT nice. When they are painted, you won't be able to visually tell them from stock.

Stock steel hood = 51 lbs
Cal's fiberglass hood = 27 lbs
Weight savings = 24lbs

The fiberglass hood needs a hood spring to have 40lbs of force.

You cannot use the stock hood pistons. Yes, you can remove one and use one stock piston. But when you close the hood, it twists the hood.

or

Find yourself a worn out set of hood pistons

or

Buy fiberglass hood pistons from Kirban (not a fan of repackage parts and selling them as yours)

or

I went this route....
Spring Lift, part# SL2-40-1. Spring Lift is made by Attwood Corp, who is now Attwood Marine. Or you can by them from here: Lift Support Technologies.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

We would never be able to match the cars paint if we sold them pre-painted.
We usually bring 5-6 to Bowling Green and have most of them sold before we get there.

This is a NICE hood!

I have one and it looks great in my spare bedroom! :) I am sure it will look great on the car if it ever gets around to having a front end on it :)

Well worth the money!!!