Fiberglass Hoods

Thanks Bill!! You were the transport company I was thinking of. Bring down a Stage2 engine and bring back a hood :)

Yup, these are the best I've ever seen. I've had to convince several people that it is actually fibreglass. My bodyman who I had paint mine, said it was a great piece. The best fibreglass replacement that he had seen too.

George

I am interested in one of these hoods...but I am not going to BG.

Anyone in the PA/NJ/NY/DE going to BG and willing to bring one back for me?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

I am located right outside of philly.

Cal...
great talking to you yesterday. I told Phil that i bought one of your hoods and he got jealous. He's afraid all the weight I'm taking out I'm going to kick his butt at the track. You can bet He'll be calling you REAL soon for one too !
Great hoods !!! thanks again! Steve Keech
www.turbobuickheads.com

ONLY 3 Fiberglass Hoods left for the Pre-Orders!
So if you are looking to get one of these Fiberglass Hoods at the GS Nationals in Bowling Green, Call us to place your order.

Hartline Performance
321-722-1563

Thanks,
Holly Hartline

Cal...
great talking to you yesterday. I told Phil that i bought one of your hoods and he got jealous. He's afraid all the weight I'm taking out I'm going to kick his butt at the track. You can bet He'll be calling you REAL soon for one too !
Great hoods !!! thanks again! Steve Keech
www.turbobuickheads.com

Steve,
Thank you again for your business and for you compliments on the hood!

Holly Hartline

I bought a POS from Postons. I prefered eating the shipping $$ from them and back to get rid of it so I could buy Cal's after I saw it with my own eyes.

X2 on that comment. I brought one back from Reynolds for a friend of mine, it is the nicest Fiberglass quality fiberglass hood I have seen so far.

I will have my POS hood on at Bowling Green with the amount of bondo it would have took to get my hood straight it probably would weight more than a steel hood.

I can really tell te difference between the ones Holly is selling and the crappy one I have on our car. One good thing is the worn out lift spring hold the glass hood up just fine.

X2 on that comment. I brought one back from Reynolds for a friend of mine, it is the nicest Fiberglass quality fiberglass hood I have seen so far.

I will have my POS hood on at Bowling Green with the amount of bondo it would have took to get my hood straight it probably would weight more than a steel hood.

I can really tell te difference between the ones Holly is selling and the crappy one I have on our car. One good thing is the worn out lift spring hold the glass hood up just fine.

Sam,
I can bring you one of my fiberglass hoods to Bowling Green and you can take that one off! Besides, Toni should have the BEST on her car!! Let me know I only have two left now!

See you and Toni in BG.
Holly Hartline

Stock steel hood = 51 lbs
Cal's fiberglass hood = 27 lbs
Weight savings = 24lbs

The fiberglass hood needs a hood spring to have 40lbs of force.

You cannot use the stock hood pistons. Yes, you can remove one and use one stock piston. But when you close the hood, it twists the hood.

or

Find yourself a worn out set of hood pistons

or

Buy fiberglass hood pistons from Kirban (not a fan of repackage parts and selling them as yours)

or

I went this route....
Spring Lift, part# SL2-40-1. Spring Lift is made by Attwood Corp, who is now Attwood Marine. Or you can by them from here: Lift Support Technologies.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I did read and there is nothing about the rate for the hood shocks, just the hood spring. Went to order the SL2-40-1 but they require a spring rate. So......:confused:

Hey Guys, I have a customer in Birmingham Alabama wanting to purchase one of my Fiberglass Hoods, can anyone in that area bring one back from Bowling Green? Maybe he can help you out with gas money! :wink:

Thanks,
Holly Hartline