Finally...Coach's New Build...

C

coach

Well Guys,
I have been saying for a few years that I was eventually going to build a new engine for my car. I have changed combos several times since I bought the car and each has had its pro and cons.
Well I have gathered parts for several years and have saved $$$ and sold parts and traded parts...you name it.
I have also hinted that I would start this thread and after getting my new turbo yesterday...I cant wait any longer!!!
First off,I have a few people to thank for the absolute best information to build one "Killer Buick".
I'm going to start with Brian Lorenz. I saw his Chestnut car run at Norwalk in 2010 and said from that moment on...that's what I want. Well I contacted him, and he has been absolutely awesome. He has pretty much sent me to the poor house, but this car is going to fly.
Next is Miguel...He knows what he did. I dont need to say anymore.
Bison was huge in helping me understand what building a functioning combo means.
There are several others who are involved in this, but their part in the build has not come around yet. They include Cal, Dusty, Vince Janis, and others.

Well lets get to what already has been done or is being done...
Its a 109 stroker being built by one of the best builders of Buicks there are. I do not want to splash his name on the board as he likes his privacy.
The engine will have 3 Billet caps and a RJC Girdle with crank scraper. It uses a BHJ Balancer and JW Flexplate. A factory front cover with one of my custom oil booster plates. New GM Cam sensor with the RJC mod. A factory oil pan modded 1 1/2" deeper and pick up. I have a Killer set of GN1's that have been full race ported and a little hand work. They will use the T&D rockers and shafts. I also have a full race ported Champion factory intake.
On top of that will be a modded 72mm Hemco factory style plenum and 72mm Billet throttlebody. A ported set of TA Stainless headers modded with EGT bungs .
The builder hasnt spec'd out a cam yet and I prob wont post it anyway, but it will be a Hydro roller. A Rollmaster chain and all new NOS GM engine sensors are also already to go. A new set of 95# injectors and a heavy wire Casper's inj harness are ready to hook up.
Pushing the air into this monster will be a Billet PTE 67HPQ w/the .85 housing. I just picked it up yesterday from Brian and it is pretty.
I will run the RJC 315-XTF front mount intercooler and the 4 inch single shot exhaust.
I also have a total custom set of Champion valve covers and several other items I will post pics of. I am building or customizing several of the dress up items and will post pics of how I built or modded each item.

I will also be adding a narrowed 8.5 to the rear. I am narrowing it slightly in order to fit my new 15x10 Vector rims in the rear. I am also going to add all new guts and gears and axles to it.
I made the entire rear suspension and have the HR Bar. I have modded my car over the years with all new bushings and all the braces including the GNX rear seat brace I tig welded in.
Im sure I forgot some of the details that I already started , but this is going to be a long thread.

I told Brian last night...I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!!!

I'll post pics soon.

Thanks
Coach

Sounds like you spent a small fortune :). I'm sure when I'm done, I will too.
Keep us posted...
Good luck,
Bill

Congrats on the build Coach...I will be watching
Bryan

wall.gif
Me too.

charlief1 said:
And you said you'd PM me when you posted this, yea right.:rolleyes:

I'll PM you when I start to add pics of the cool machine work. Besides...you don't miss any of my posts anyways...haha

Well Guys,
I have been saying for a few years that I was eventually going to build a new engine for my car. I have changed combos several times since I bought the car and each has had its pro and cons.
Well I have gathered parts for several years and have saved $$$ and sold parts and traded parts...you name it.
I have also hinted that I would start this thread and after getting my new turbo yesterday...I cant wait any longer!!!
First off,I have a few people to thank for the absolute best information to build one "Killer Buick".
I'm going to start with Brian Lorenz. I saw his Chestnut car run at Norwalk in 2010 and said from that moment on...that's what I want. Well I contacted him, and he has been absolutely awesome. He has pretty much sent me to the poor house, but this car is going to fly.
Next is Miguel...He knows what he did. I dont need to say anymore.
Bison was huge in helping me understand what building a functioning combo means.
There are several others who are involved in this, but their part in the build has not come around yet. They include Cal, Dusty, Vince Janis, and others.

Well lets get to what already has been done or is being done...
Its a 109 stroker being built by one of the best builders of Buicks there are. I do not want to splash his name on the board as he likes his privacy.
The engine will have 3 Billet caps and a RJC Girdle with crank scraper. It uses a BHJ Balancer and JW Flexplate. A factory front cover with one of my custom oil booster plates. New GM Cam sensor with the RJC mod. A factory oil pan modded 1 1/2" deeper and pick up. I have a Killer set of GN1's that have been full race ported and a little hand work. They will use the T&D rockers and shafts. I also have a full race ported Champion factory intake.
On top of that will be a modded 72mm Hemco factory style plenum and 72mm Billet throttlebody. A ported set of Kenne Bell headers modded with EGT bungs and a backpressure bung and then Jet Hot coated inside and out.
The builder hasnt spec'd out a cam yet and I prob wont post it anyway, but it will be a Hydro roller. A Rollmaster chain and all new NOS GM engine sensors are also already to go. A new set of 80# injectors and a heavy wire Casper's inj harness are ready to hook up.
Pushing the air into this monster will be a PTE 67HPQ w/the .85 housing. I just picked it up yesterday from Brian and it is pretty.
I will run the RJC 315-XTF front mount intercooler and the 4 inch single shot exhaust.
I also have a total custom set of Champion valve covers and several other items I will post pics of. I am building or customizing several of the dress up items and will post pics of how I built or modded each item.

I will also be adding a narrowed 8.5 to the rear. I am narrowing it slightly in order to fit my new 15x10 Vector rims in the rear. I am also going to add all new guts and gears and axles to it.
I made the entire rear suspension and have the HR Bar. I have modded my car over the years with all new bushings and all the braces including the GNX rear seat brace I tig welded in.
Im sure I forgot some of the details that I already started , but this is going to be a long thread.

I told Brian last night...I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!!!

I'll post pics soon.

Thanks
Coach
Donnie, Idon't do anything just helping a Brother.;)

6cylboost said:
ah man u got me all worked up then no eye candy.

It's coming...haha
Your worked up?!?!? I'm staring at all these parts and can't wait to get it all put together.

image-3901719464.jpg
image-556901031.jpg
image-4057220699.jpg
image-2608566190.jpg

The heads and top end. Race ported intake and GN1's. 72mm Hemco plenum and Champion valve covers...before I modded them!!!
I have smoothed the intake and plenum. The plenum will be totally custom one of a kind...

highboostgn said:
very niceeeee...glad to see they still use GN1 heads in the year 2043 lol ;)

Never set the date...the batteries go dead too fast