First Kill in the GN and man was I pathetic

BOP4ever

Drove me GN to work today and in the 40 degree air it felt pretty spunky !
Took it to lunch with my friend riding shotun wondows down nice 60 degree day it wasa also to hear the turbo etc... He is sort of a car guy more a street rod type guy but respects the GN etc...likes them now he says, but not whe they were new off the lot.... Anyway....
After lunch I get stopped at the red light by the super walmart no traffic... and its pretty rural just it and a car dealer across the road... A newer looking grey Chevy pick up pulls up beside us and when the light turns green he waits for me to leave and I accelerate moderately and he gooses it and trys to pass us so I drop the hammer at about 10mph the tires howl and we leave him setting I shutdown when it shifts to second maybe 40 mph ( speed-limit ). Then the guy rolls up with a ear to ear grin and a big thumbs up ... I finally see the guy and I think he must have been like 70 + years old.... probably has a handicap sticker on the back too.... I feel like a chump or something racing some old guy like that. I know he was probably just wanting a show.. probably recognized the car for what it was and knew them from the old days...I just knew it one of the many young redneck boys we have around here wanting to play.
LOL what a first kill.... I feel stupid.:oops::mad:

Drove me GN to work today and in the 40 degree air it felt pretty spunky !
Took it to lunch with my friend riding shotun wondows down nice 60 degree day it wasa also to hear the turbo etc... He is sort of a car guy more a street rod type guy but respects the GN etc...likes them now he says, but not whe they were new off the lot.... Anyway....
After lunch I get stopped at the red light by the super walmart no traffic... and its pretty rural just it and a car dealer across the road... A newer looking grey Chevy pick up pulls up beside us and when the light turns green he waits for me to leave and I accelerate moderately and he gooses it and trys to pass us so I drop the hammer at about 10mph the tires howl and we leave him setting I shutdown when it shifts to second maybe 40 mph ( speed-limit ). Then the guy rolls up with a ear to ear grin and a big thumbs up ... I finally see the guy and I think he must have been like 70 + years old.... probably has a handicap sticker on the back too.... I feel like a chump or something racing some old guy like that. I know he was probably just wanting a show.. probably recognized the car for what it was and knew them from the old days...I just knew it one of the many young redneck boys we have around here wanting to play.
LOL what a first kill.... I feel stupid.:oops::mad:
Maybe he was 50... or 60.(?) Apparently, he felt just as 'spunky' as your GN. Does age really matter? Should it? :) You raced his truck, not him. If it had been a foot race then yeah, shame on you. ;) (how old are YOU, by the way?) :rolleyes: Have fun, don't descriminate and be ready to give a 'thumbs-up' when it's finally your turn to get left in the dust. If you live long enough, it'll happen...:cool:

ok I see your point and I actually race a guy thats 65 and he is tough on the road course and the drag strip !
I swear I thought this guy was grand-pa jones from he-haw...for a second...though just shocked me I expected one of the teen boys I see around all the time..
Still it was a stock GMC pick up !
GN did run good though :) Feels like a 12 second car I think.:cool:
Oh yeah I know that loosing feeling all to well. I've been there to many times in this car already ( ok once:oops: ) so its about time it beat something I guess:cool: !

Oh 45 YO.... so some of the young dudes may see me the same way...

Better watch out for those old guys….they don’t take prisoners. I bet he has a blown Shelby cobra factory five sitting in the garage. LOL….:D

There's some truck driving chucklehead in my hood who keeps trying to race me too....some just never learn...;)
http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/no-sh-t-there-i-was.381912/

A couple weeks ago I had some cowboy in his turbo diesel Chevy try racing me too.
He wasn't stock.
I was behind him at a light and he was eyeballing me in his side mirror and then he started brake boosting on and off and the whole truck started torqing back and forth.
Got alongside him a 1/2 mile later at a red:
Him: Not a lot of those around! Stock?
Me: Nope...makes prolly about 600HP
Him: I gotta a chip and some bolt ons....not the fastest truck...but fun...

We chatted back and forth about wishing Fontana was still open until the light turned green.
Both rolled in and I let him jump a 1/2 length before nailing it. Went around him with the tires blowing up and let off after I was up about 4-5 lengths.
If I had to guess based on the quick run....he might have been good for 14's...who knows.......so it wasn't worth my gas and alky, but was glad to give him and his passenger a show for recognizing the car.:D

Maybe he just wanted you to jump on it so he could watch :) I'm amazed at how many people who I would never think would care about going fast come into my garage and are just engulfed w/ my cars asking me question after question...speed is addictive and fun to watch!

Age is only a number dude.....You'll find out when you get here :p 70 yrs young now and plannin on doin this stuff for many yrs to come....

Good kill man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be 60 in January and my wife asks when I'm gonna grow up everytime we get in a car that will spin tires. My 87 year old dad is always on me about my "useless vehicles".

"NEVER" is the only answer they get.

As for idiots in diesel trucks. Yea some are, but my F350, 4x4, 7.3 is mid-high 14 sec truck nothing more. Certianly not competetive in this circle of cars so I won't try to impress anything I know will blow me away but they can't pull the 35' horse trailer either. But most cars are slower than it so for the people that want to challenge it there's soot and tire smoke.

Mikey

It wasn't really his age heck my GN buddies here are in there 60's and both are 9 or 10 second cars !!
It was the pick-up and the old guy thing that made me feel silly...
LOL...
I hope I can still drive when I am 70 !!
Sorry if I came across wrong.

It wasn't really his age heck my GN buddies here are in there 60's and both are 9 or 10 second cars !!
It was the pick-up and the old guy thing that made me feel silly...
LOL...
I hope I can still drive when I am 70 !!
Sorry if I came across wrong.

No offense taken. And with practice you'll get better at looking smooth, just take lessons from Chicken.

All you young whippersnappers give me that look but after you loose. Ha, ha, ha, ha.......

Mikey

Still given the pick ups heck lol .
Drove my car to work and a friend of mine catches up on the highway recognizing me in his 2011 ford f150 .
I am following a car no pass zone at about 45 in the 55 and when it gets clear he jumps out and passes us both so I look and there is nothing comming for miles so I jump out behind him and I am really on his bumper he pulls over after clearing the car and I blow him away car really jumped at 65 or so I pull in and rode the brakes to get the speedo back on the scale :).
Later after I slow and put the cruise back on 59 he passes me back I let him go.
I later find he had 1500 lbs or corn in the bed lol.
He did joke and comment he heard it spin up sounding like a vacuum cleaner .
So another lame kill for me lol.
2-0 though !!!

I beat a c6 Vette, 2012 5.0 stang ,and 1LE Camaro last May at the track but that was in my TA.
I am encourage on how the GN feels after the alcohol system and giving it 21-22 psi it's not sickly slow anymore and I think would run those cars decent comparing to my TA using my SOP meter.
I did have a new Charger at the red light last week but he didn't play ...
Baby steps ...:)

Hey...did we cover the question on...how are you monitoring your tune, yet?
I didn't see mention of a ScanMaster or Powerlogger in your sig.

Meanchicken is my ONLY motivation to move closer to "civilization", not much to kill out here in the great plains. I'm sure it would help if the car was together and I could actually role up to a few lights.

Meanchicken is my ONLY motivation to move closer to "civilization", not much to kill out here in the great plains. I'm sure it would help if the car was together and I could actually role up to a few lights.

Surely you can find a copmbine that wants to race....or a crop duster....just gotta think outside the box...:D