First time at the track Times look ok?

TA49-WE4

Hey I took my car to the track for the first time and here are the times I ran.

Pass one: Lazy lanch ( nervous )

60 ft 1.87
330ft 5.20
1/8 ET 7.97
mph 89.2

Pass two: More boost off the line ( Still nervous )

60ft 1.78
330ft 5.05
1/8 ET 7.79
mph 89.9

Pass three: Even more boost off the line ( Getting better )

60ft 1.66
330ft 4.94
1/8 ET 7.69
mph 89.5

Car never spun 275/50/15 drag radials 25 psi in tires. Full weight all the junk in the trunk, Spare, jack, tools, Tank full of gas ( 100% E85 ), Running through the full exhaust.

Boost was at 21 to 22 lbs and timing was 23/21 on all passes.

02 numbers were 765 ish by the scanmaster on all passes also.

Car run smooth and seemed to pull hard from start to finsh.

Look ok? All mods are in my sig.

Thanks

What changes did you have to make to your car to successfully run E85?

Please list everything needed to change over.

Nice times BTW!!

Nice times BTW!!

Three main things you need to convert to 100 % E85

1> A E85 chip from eric at turbotweak. ( a must have item )

2> A very big fuel pump ( xp double pumper works great for me )

3> Big injectors ( at least 60lbs )

All other stuff is the same as a regular gas setup. Im running a base setting of 43lbs of fuel pressure. NGK UR5 stock number 2771 spark plugs at .032
gap. 22lbs of boost with zero knock.

It really is that easy.

looks pretty good, but as long as the fuel system can take it, that E85 has a lot of ET left in it!!!

from what i have read, i would fatten up the A/F ratio to get it near 800. supposebly E85 loves to be rich! im gonna through some in my tank for the track tomorrow but not really enough to change much, just a few extra octane points:)

Nice times BTW!!

Dave,
Since you have a Pro, you may not need an E85 chip. The only area that may need chip work is cranking pulsewidth, which should be increased by 30-40%, which Bob could easily do for you. Other than that, you might be able to set your system fuel to +30% and go from there.

Good job TA49-WE4!

Regards,
Eric

Dave,
Since you have a Pro, you may not need an E85 chip. The only area that may need chip work is cranking pulsewidth, which should be increased by 30-40%, which Bob could easily do for you. Other than that, you might be able to set your system fuel to +30% and go from there.

Good job TA49-WE4!

Regards,
Eric

Hmmmmm. Interesting. When we get more than two stations in the metro area that carry E85. I'll have a good starting point then.

If I just pumped in the E85, and before I set the mainscale up 30% what would I see on the WBO2? Really lean everywhere?
Since the WBO2 is calibrated for gasoline, do we still tune to the same "numbers"? 14.7 for part throttle cruise, and low 11.x for WOT?

Hmmmmm. Interesting. When we get more than two stations in the metro area that carry E85. I'll have a good starting point then.

If I just pumped in the E85, and before I set the mainscale up 30% what would I see on the WBO2? Really lean everywhere?
Since the WBO2 is calibrated for gasoline, do we still tune to the same "numbers"? 14.7 for part throttle cruise, and low 11.x for WOT?

i think the WBO2 works for all fuels...because it produces a lambda value for the fuel being used and then it has a corresponding # for the given lambda values. All fuels are 1.0 lambda at stoich, there shouldnt be a problem when tuning, all the numbers should be the same, 14.7 and 11ish! hth...and is correct:p

Calculator says you'd be 12.0 with that setup in the 1/4, pretty good for a full weight We-4 with 22psi and 23/21 timing.

What brand tires, MT?
How much launch boost?
Might want to drop the lbs to like 20psi and leave with a little more boost to get into the high 1.5 60fts.

You can definitely run more boost than 22psi on the 100% E85 so keep it around 11.5 AF/R and crank it up and see when it starts pulling 1 degree in 3rd. A board member on here is running 29psi on E85 so you have some room left in there. :cool:

Calculator says you'd be 12.0 with that setup in the 1/4, pretty good for a full weight We-4 with 22psi and 23/21 timing.

What brand tires, MT?
How much launch boost?
Might want to drop the lbs to like 20psi and leave with a little more boost to get into the high 1.5 60fts.

You can definitely run more boost than 22psi on the 100% E85 so keep it around 11.5 AF/R and crank it up and see when it starts pulling 1 degree in 3rd. A board member on here is running 29psi on E85 so you have some room left in there. :cool:

Tires are Bfg's 275/50/15's on weld draglites

1.66 60 ft was at around 4lbs launch boost.

Going to up the boost next weekend to 24lb's with the dump off. Also going to take all the junk out of the car. No wideband 02 yet ( will be on soon ) so I don't want to get to crazy with the boost.