First Time at Track for both me and my car

Idk dude, sorry it happens. Im sure it just one simple thing, but until you find it, she's gonna suffer a little.
Can Pronto come and help you again?
Sounds like it may be ignition related.
Do you have a volt meter and ohms tester?.

Yes i have a meter and I'll bring with me. yes Pronto will be there tonight along with gunslinger and a few others.
I'm totally committed to taking this thing one step at a time. Its the journey thing, you know what I mean?
Interesting how tricky these cars are to tune.
super cool cars though,
as you know, I get a bunch of thumbs up every time I take her out.
Joel

Well the difference a day can make.
Here's how last night went. First, my plan was to put the stock chip back in, but I forgot it at home.
My last runs on prior trip to the track I got .6degree of knock so Pronto and I added a bit of fuel. Then I was running rich, so, the first thing I did last night was unplug the computer plug to the battery and let the TT chip reset. Then drove for a bit.
So I am at 15 psi of boost, 43 psi line off fuel and it is about 70 degrees and dropping outside with zero humidity.
My first pass was a 14.822 at 91.94 mph with a 2.368 60 foot, she felt like she was pulling hard and I had zero knock.
Second and third pass she broke lose at 4-5 psi off the line and I ran 15.7 and 16. My fourth pass she hooked up fine but I rolled through the start as I could not hold brake, I ran 15.067 at 91.75.
On my 5th pass she hooked up nice and I had a 2.232 60 with a 14.729 quarter at 91.86mph.
All the time the temperature is dropping now probably into the 50's as people are starting to put on sweatshirts.
My sixth run as 2.28 60 with a 14.795 quarter at 91.89 mph.
Then it all came together on my 7th and final run, she ran a 2.182 60; 6.037 330; 9.289 1/8 at 74.68 mph; 12.143 1000ft and 14.574 quarter at 92.52 mph. Man did that last run feel real nice.
I had zero knock all night and I was running rich at 808-815 o2 at the end of the quarter.
I figure I can add a bit of timing and pull a bit of fuel and likely do a bit better.
What an encouraging night
Pronto and gunslinger were super helpful as always and pronto had his car out which was great to see.
I was surprised at how clean his car is, wow, puts my car to shame.
There was a young guy there in a white T running 11's with ease, I didn't catch his handle but I'm sure pronto or gunslinger will chime in.
Early in the night we saw a guy in a grey T run a 10.3, man did that thing sound nice, literally looked like it was shot out of a gun out of the hole, man did he hook up. Unfortunate he blew a coolant hose and we didn't see him run again.
Great night, I had a lot of fun.
My results made sense to me this time.
Joel

Attachments

• scan0006.pdf
    72.5 KB · Views: 97
i have adjustable regulator installed and at 43 line off

i have stock air intake and stock exhaust includimg cat

i still have intercooler screen in place

i do have adjustable wastegate i installed

great to have some consistent improvement in runs

joel

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nice, i see good consistency there. 4-5 psi launch is really good. Stock tires is all thats is hold you back. The horse power is defiantly there according to your 92 mph through the traps. Id keep that TT chip in there now with all that. And continue with your tweaks and mods from there as you are

Joel, you're getting there. Pull that stupid screen off the intercooler shroud. All it does is block out air to cool off the intercooler. I'ld leave the chip alone and go for a cone air filter and ditch the cat.;)

Joel, you're getting there. Pull that stupid screen off the intercooler shroud. All it does is block out air to cool off the intercooler. I'ld leave the chip alone and go for a cone air filter and ditch the cat.;)
Aczackery what he said^^^^

Joel is going to need some new tires soon from at that spinning and fun. Soon to be winning and some

I took the car out for a long drive today
she ran great overall
however at the end of a long drive i decided to get on it and saw 3 degrees of knock when i got out of it
tried again and saw 2 degrees of knock
i had 836 on the o2
only difference was tank of gas which i got same place as always and i double checked receipt and confirmed 93 octane
not sure what is up
will hook up fuel pressure gauge and see what i have
i was surprised to see the knock

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Maybe the intercooler was heat soaked. Higher intake temps will increase the chance of knock.

Heat, I agree with pronto. at 836 that is to rich, get her into the 780 - 790 area 800 max. removing the intercooler screen should be more air to cool it with no down sides. I have always had to play with fueling in tt chips, they are burnt on the rich/safe side.

I was really surprised to see the knock, she was running clean as a whistle at the track on Friday night and I had made some back to back runs.
Joel

Hey Joel, any updates ? Weather has cooled off I think for good now. I finally got some of my mods done & oil leak fixed! lack of time and long ride is what's keeping me from going to the track to see what it runs.:(

I've not been back to the track, I had her out the other day and no knock, must'be been heat soaked like Pronto said. I'm anxious to get back to track and tune in a bit of timing and pull a bit of fuel and see how close I can get to 13 with cool air.
Joel

I've not been back to the track, I had her out the other day and no knock, must'be been heat soaked like Pronto said. I'm anxious to get back to track and tune in a bit of timing and pull a bit of fuel and see how close I can get to 13 with cool air.
Joel

We're going on Saturday...