Fontana: AUTO CLUB DRAGWAY @ CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Launch the Sail

Nordy,

Its hard to second guess Mother Nature and her Santa Ana winds

You & Brent played the wind game last time and agreed it was not very amusing

We have to be at the track so damn early as it is so we either commit and run, or commit and watch / go home

Sunday is no good for me....I will be at home watching the Chargers bit@h slapping the New England Patriots

I'm going to Irwindale Thursday to do some tuning with 91 octane & methonol and i will save the C16 for Saturday

I'm now over 200 miles on the engine and I hit 15 psi for the 1st time tonight

Methonol was spraying, and the car sounded real nice at only 3/4 throttle

I changed the oil today and I pulled the oil filter apart to look for debris

I found no pieces of gasket material what so ever, and if I held the flashlight "JUST RIGHT" (after draining the oil) I could see some real fine micro sized brassy particles inside the oil filter housing (before the metal filter element). No big chips, no big flakes, and the metal filter caught some other small assembly dirt / debris before it made its way back through the engine / turbo

Best investment I made in a long time (re-useable oil filter)

I'm still amazed that this thing does not leak - anywhere

I crawled under the car tonight with a shop light and the damn thing is dry

Go figure...lol

I'm still for going to Fontana on Saturday, unless it is raining, or the Santa Ana Winds get to strong

Later everyone

Ray

Nordy,

We have to be at the track so damn early as it is so we either commit and run, or commit and watch / go home

Sunday is no good for me....I will be at home watching the Chargers bit@h slapping the New England Patriots

I'm going to Irwindale Thursday to do some tuning with 91 octane & methonol and i will save the C16 for Saturday

I found no pieces of gasket material what so ever, and if I held the flashlight "JUST RIGHT" (after draining the oil) I could see some real fine micro sized brassy particles inside the oil filter housing (before the metal filter element). No big chips, no big flakes, and the metal filter caught some other small assembly dirt / debris before it made its way back through the engine / turbo

Go figure...lol

I'm still for going to Fontana on Saturday, unless it is raining, or the Santa Ana Winds get to strong

Later everyone

Ray

That's great Ray glad to here everything looks good ;) I'm still going Sat. if Sun. is slick day I'll go then too. LOL "Less people"

Nordy,

Go figure...lol

Later everyone

Ray
Ray years ago when I was racing my TT stage II I used system one screen type oil filters & had a lot of debris damage to my bearings.This went on for sometime till I wised up & went to a large capacity fram paper element filter. The problems then seem to disappear.I'm of the opinion based on that experience the screen filters although convenient don't & can't offer the same protection. Also if your still running the factory oil cooler discard it.There is no way to completely clean it & you will just suck in debris from your last bearing failure.

Ray.. i'm glad she's running great for ya.. i'm down for saturday (or the group outing) but i'm down with sunday too, once i get a reply back from Fontana stating it's open to the public..

it's open to the public... thats if you have slicks, and there are no limits on the amount of racers.. i'm heading there on sunday..

it's open to the public... thats if you have slicks, and there are no limits on the amount of racers.. i'm heading there on sunday..

WELL it sounds like Sunday is the day for me.. I'm racing, Bob is bring his street car, Ray was looking into it?, and i haven't heard anything back from Brent.. YOU MUST HAVE SLICKS OR YOUR NOT RACING... there are doing to be top fuel racers there and full out funny cars.. SO YOU KNOW THAT THE TRACK IS GOING TO BE STICKY :D :D

Thanks for The Advice

Hey Lou,

My car does not use the stock oil cooler anymore

It was bypassed directly to a vertical remote filter location before I bought it

I've heard good & bad about the Filter 1 type filter elements also.

Granted the metal filter micron size is larger than that normally associated with a paper filter, and it would take a whole lot of oil filter changes to pay for the higher cost of the Filter 1, but I do like the ability to tear down & inspect a filter without having to cut open / destroy an otherwise good filter can

My main / thrust bearings failed just recently when I was using the regular type oil filter. I put the Filter 1 on during the re-install so I have no other experience / opinion on the system as of yet

If my engine fails again :)( ), then I'll just start all over, blame it on Harold :)D ), and try, try, try again

My recent tear down and re-assembly (done at home - on my back) had nothing to do with my opinion of your expertise in GN engines Lou. I don't call you to try to bleed you for free advice. You have always offered advice at those times that I did call or saw you at the track, but you run a Business and I don't expect you to correct my problems for free. When I grow up I hope to know half as much about these Black Bitches as you do, and until that time it will be trial by fire and a whole lot of research

Later

Ray

If my engine fails again :)( ), then I'll just start all over, blame it on Harold :)D ), and try, try, try again

LOL your a funny man Ray.. your engine won't fail remember it was assemble with patience love and care by the 3 stooges, the fact that it hasn't sprung a leak like most engines that come out of Lou's shop Tell's your it was done right just ask Gary wells he's got a good story to tell you, and if it does fail blame your engine builder or machinist back east not us. ;)

wiked

Hey Lou,

My car does not use the stock oil cooler anymore

It was bypassed directly to a vertical remote filter location before I bought it

I've heard good & bad about the Filter 1 type filter elements also.

Granted the metal filter micron size is larger than that normally associated with a paper filter, and it would take a whole lot of oil filter changes to pay for the higher cost of the Filter 1, but I do like the ability to tear down & inspect a filter without having to cut open / destroy an otherwise good filter can

My main / thrust bearings failed just recently when I was using the regular type oil filter. I put the Filter 1 on during the re-install so I have no other experience / opinion on the system as of yet

My recent tear down and re-assembly (done at home - on my back) had nothing to do with my opinion of your expertise in GN engines Lou. I don't call you to try to bleed you for free advice. You have always offered advice at those times that I did call or saw you at the track, but you run a Business and I don't expect you to correct my problems for free. When I grow up I hope to know half as much about these Black Bitches as you do, and until that time it will be trial by fire and a whole lot of research

Later

Ray
Ray! Harold is using the old divide & conquer ploy against me with others. Yourself included. None of this nonsense pertains to you Nordy or the 90% of the decent guys & friendship that I have enjoyed through the years that own Buick's. please allow me to indulge myself with your crew chief Harold without taking any of this personel.But I really don't run a business like I used to anymore. I semi retired & hiding from my wife, I do want to keep busy & am choosy whom I work for & have earned that right. I think it's great when friends get together & help each other.After all it's a hobby. Call me anytime if I can help or just to talk. But just remember when you hang with dogs you may get flies. Now back to the Jerry Springer show.

Sat. 13th

Brain
Wiked
Brent
Ray?

Sun. 14th

Nordy aka Mike
Ray
Bob in the street car
Brent

This would be a great meet on Sun. "Bring Your Slicks"

i'm going to try to make it out sat. with my buddy who was with me on the last get together. If I round up a pair of tires, we'll run his car with the new t 61bb. Should make some good numbers with the combo on there now. Hope he gets the fast xfi before then:biggrin:

i'm going to try to make it out sat. with my buddy who was with me on the last get together. If I round up a pair of tires, we'll run his car with the new t 61bb. Should make some good numbers with the combo on there now. Hope he gets the fast xfi before then:biggrin:

dont forget guys.. Saturday you will be luckly to get 3 runs because of the 400 car turnout and have to get there EARLY in the AM to get a tech slip. any later then 7:30am forget it.

on Sunday there is no limit on car entry, BUT you have to be on slicks, which will stop the Ricers from running. i talked to them today and it sounds like a small turnout and you could get a lot of runs in :smile:

My 1st Run Will Be Dedicated To Brents Broke Ass Buick

Hey Brent, This runs For You

I know you won't be there with the black bitch, but you will be there in spirit

I kept a small piece of your broke ass car to carry in my pocket so when I race Harold on Sunday, it will be like you beating him by Proxy...lol

Harold came by this afternoon to show me his latest addition

The 66 turbo looks real nice and it pulled real strong when we went out for a test ride

As much as we joke and insult each other, his car is pretty damn fast

(SH**, now all I need is Harold to start whipping my ass.........if that happens I'm selling the GN and getting a damn Prius......then Mark & I can start Hybrid racing...:D )

Wish me luck

I picked up my C16, I have the boost set at 25, I bumped the timing up a bit, and since I will only get 1 run, I had better make it a good one (10.99999 or bust)

Later, way fast dude who is motion challenged at the moment :D

Good luck with the future killer setup

Ray

I picked up my C16, I have the boost set at 25, I bumped the timing up a bit, and since I will only get 1 run, I had better make it a good one (10.99999 or bust)

you'll get 2 runs.. first run will be a " do you have a cage?" no.. then slow down.. second run will be the " no cage, get out" statement from the track person. so you have 2 attempts Ray to get that 10.99... I'm making the quote on here that you will run 10.70's or 80's on the first run.. second run.. 10.70 or better :D :D ..

Status
Not open for further replies.