Fontana Private Track Rental

Any updates?? I know someone has to have a smart phone. Jeff did you break into the 8s??

Congrats to everyone

any updates?? I know someone has to have a smart phone. Jeff did you break into the 8s??

congrats to the people with there fast buicks. Seen alot of fast runs

10.5 MIKE B
9.09 JEFF R
10.1 GN1 RAFFI

etc nothing slow ALMOST FORGOT THANKS RAPH FOR THE FAST MADE SANDWICHES.

great job guys

was GREAT to see everyone!

Jeff was upset, because he drug the rear bumper on his second run!
it scratched the bottom of the bumper,
BUT was a clear view of the bottom of the car!
Ray Bunch ran a 11.00 @120
Rodney(?) ran a 10.88@123

Mike B 10.55@ 123 !!
Archie ran a 10.23 but shut off just past 1/2 track!!!

there was more, just can't remember all.

Thanks Ralph, you the best mexican samwich maker!

best samwich assembler

and all around great guy!

Attachments

• fontana march2011 003.jpg
    fontana march2011 003.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 274
Holly cr@p!

What a great day.

Did anyone get a picture or video of Jeff Rand putting his car on the bumper? It happened right after a fresh track prep. I was directly behind him when he launched. From my angle, I could see 100% of his hood.:eek: Well, so much for that new alignment.:D

Soon after Jeff's run, I found myself in the same lane. Knowing that the track was hooking great, I figured that I could leave with a "bit" more boost than I normaly would. First off, let me say that my car can usually do a 1.50-1.60 sixty foot time, while leaving at about 5 lbs of boost. Most of the times that I've tryed leaving at 7 lbs of boost, I spin the tires. With my Powerlogger sitting open on the seat next to me, I decided to leave at 12 lbs of boost. I figured that I'd either blow the tires off, or unleash a monster. HOLLY CR@P! Soon after the semi truck hit me from behind, the track and horizon briefly disappeared under my hood. At the same time, my glove box flew open and launched the small hand tools, zip ties, paper work, and old chips against the passengers seat back. All this junk soon landed directly on my laptop keys, and was sorta dancing around, pushing buttons. The rest of the run was relatively uneventfull. Time slip showed a personal best of 10.55 @123 mph. Here's the kicker. This thing did a 1.398 sixty foot, and was 6.638 at the 1/8th:eek: People who saw it, said that I had about a foot under the tires on launch. On revue of data, the boost was only around 22 lbs all the was down the 1320'. As the day went on I tuned my car to a 126 mph run at 23.5 lbs of boost, with 91 oct and alky. By then, the starting line had gone away. As they say.

That's racing...;)

Time to down load some pics, AND clean out my glove box...

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Jeff was upset, because he drug the rear bumper on his second run!
it scratched the bottom of the bumper,
BUT was a clear view of the bottom of the car!
Ray Bunch ran a 11.00 @120
Rodney(?) ran a 10.88@123

Mike B 10.55@ 123 !!
Archie ran a 10.23 but shut off just past 1/2 track!!!

there was more, just can't remember all.

Thanks Ralph, you the best mexican samwich maker!

WOW!
Awesome!
Looking forward to the pix and video's:biggrin:

Yes Mike it was quite a day. The wind was a big problem as well as the setup on my car. Track prep was excellent and most of my 60 foots were 1.35. For some reason my new computer would not work with the data log so I could not capture any runs or make any changes. The link below was the last run when the track was going away. It was a 1.45 sixty and just a soft run. The third run after the wheel stand was my best; 9.09 at 148mph.
Jeff
YouTube - Fontana 3 4 005

Here is a vid of the wheel stand. As you can see and hear the wind was creating a lot of problems with the filming.
Jeff

YouTube - Fontana 3 4 004

Thanks to Ralph for the food and drinks and to Mike for the instruction on packing the parachute. I think most of the guys had excellent runs the early part of the day.

pics from fontana

WOW, Jeff, that was brutal! I stopped the video and looked at the altitude!!!!!

1st off, let me appoligize for the shakyness, the wind was pushing everyone and ,well, it was windy!

YouTube - gnx163

if it doesn't come up, search GNX163 in youtube, and click "repeat search" on the bottom of the page

some vid's were from las vegas, or irwindale also.

Had a great time yesterday as well. The track was hookin really well. Ran a 10.88 @ 123 and backed it up with a 10.79 @ 123...then drove 2 hrs back home to San Diego.:D

My first pass was a 11.2 @ 105.:rolleyes: Had to let off because I was hearing some popping/banging. Plus it probably didn't help that I had the E-brake on the whole pass...yeah I'm an idiot. Tried to make 2 more passes but same thing...had to let off because of the same noises. Thanks to Archie for the tip on my driveshaft hitting the loop on hard acceleration...thats the banging I was hearing. I removed the loop and was back in business.

Congrats to Mike on your 10.5 pass! Your car hauls ass AND looks good doing it....and thanks for the Red Bull dude!

Few pics from yesterday.

P1010016-4.jpg

P1010017-4.jpg

P1010019-4.jpg

P1010018-6.jpg

P1010028-1.jpg

More to come.

Mike B.

A few of the beasts that live under the hood.

P1010021-4.jpg

P1010022-3.jpg

P1010023-2.jpg

P1010024-2.jpg

P1010025-1.jpg

P1010026-1.jpg

Mike B.

News Flash!

New, Lou Czarnota Racing product unveiled at Fontana test and tune.

Unfortunatly, Lou was not able to be there himself to debut the new product, as he had other "commitments" at the big, sheep herding nationals in Vegas. In his place was his "close" associate. Here he is wearing a extra long sheeps wool coat, complete with lower, rear "ventalation" hole and drink holder stitched into the back side.

P1010027-1.jpg

Over the years, we've benefited from great Turbo Buick innovators, like RJC, TA, and Jack Cotton, meeting our needs with great products. After seeing the carnage that usually takes place at the track, Lou Czarnota Racing Inc. wants to show that they are sympathetic to our needs.

Introducing the new Lou Czarnota tissue box, to dry the tears of sorrow, when nothing else is going right at the track.

P1010033-1.jpg

Simply, offer it to the poor soul in need and watch it put a smile back on his face.

P1010034-1.jpg

Word has it that a larger dyno version is in R@D, as this is going out for press release.

A sponsership deal was in the making with a well known Racer.
P1010035-1.jpg

Unfortunately, a sponsership battle has ensued with a South Orange County pizza place. Each fighting for the most visible add space on the car, while leaving the starting line. (The bottom of the oil pan).

Still, this whole deal may fall apart due to an offer the racer receved to become a professional pinstriper.

P1010014-5.jpg

More to come as news breaks.;)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

mike, Congrats.

jeff, make sure you keep the nose down eh.

Everyone else congrats on a good day

Looks like everyone had a great time. Sorry i wasnt able to make it. I will start joining you guys as soon as i get my car out here

First and foremost I want to thank everyone for an outstanding showing! I had a great time and def. look forward to doing it again. I was also very happy towards the end of the day hearing no one had broke anything which really made this a great day for everyone...:smile:

Mike B and Ralph thank you very much for the hospitality. Thats one hell of a sandwich you made Ralph! See you again on your next cruise.

Well, finally got a best of 11.0 at 120 more to come when I get my Power Logger and W/B installed, hopefully.... The ol scan master just don't cut it anymore if you want to do some real tuning.... Hoping for some 10's next time out:wink:

We better start bringing man diapers for Jeff here on out, that man is out of control. :D

rumor has it...........

that well renown racer, (aka bumper dragger) did a product test on said
tissues of joy, after showing everyone his bottom. :eek:

no pics are available or wanted! :eek:
but product development continues to broaden the use of said tissues.