FOR SALE: GNX # 059 The Sledge Hammer

HkPlinker

This is the nationally known GNX #059 named "The Sledge Hammer" and is an incredible Pro Touring GNX. I'm sorry for the purists, but this car is far better in every way than my # 254 stock car. This car was built by Heath Elmer in Arizona. It is fantastic in looks and performance. The underside is the best part. The car was built in early 2000 and was the cover car in the May 2000 GM High Tech Magazine where it was dubbed "The Sledge Hammer". This car is a show car and driven little. I do not know the 1/4 mile times, you can find that out. What I can tell you it is a multiple national winner. Also, it was the overall winner in 2000 GN Nationals. I have a very nice, framed presentation board of the article from the magazine article (used for shows).

GNX Registry # GNX00976C

Completely stock interior and crisp. Comes with 2 window stickers, GNX book, service bulletings, warranty cards, broadcast sheet, trunk sticker and all of the original parts that were removed or up-graded.

The car is lowered 2" with Bell Tech drop spindles ans Eibach Pro Kit, Hotchkis sway bar and lower RCA's, Koni SPA1 shocks, correct GNX suspension with ladder. New Easton posi and Moser axles with the factory 3:42 gear.
The engine was professionally built by Joe Martin Racing Engines in Tempe, AZ.
Complete list to buyer (over $ 8000 cost)
Very clean engine bay and underside.
The motor was pulled in 2005 and freshened up by Joe Martin. There was a leaking freeze plug from the car sitting in the showroom. Joe blueprinted with: Comp Cam 218/218 flat tapped & hyd lifters, roller timing chain and 1.65 roller rockers, ported with polished heads and intake. 50# injectors, Kenne Bell 70mm throttle body, upper, regulator and hood mounted fuel regulator (easy take off if desired). Hand-built headers and down-pipe (HPC coated), mandral bent 2 1/2" aluminized duals ans ATR stainless mufflers. $ 1600 to duplicate.

Simmons hand built FR17 forged three piece wheels. I do not know if I still have the original wheels, please assume I do not.
The paint is very nice. All exterior trim was removed (still have it) and gives the car has a sleek and glossy look. Real meaty and aggressive stance.
Possible trades on other cars of interest of this caliber. Asking $ 85,000
Thank you, all.

Attachments

• GNx 1 bobo.jpg
    GNx 1 bobo.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 6,465
Nice car. It'll be interesting to see how it fares price-wise compared to a stock GNX. May as well post the mileage on the car. Anyone serious is gonna want to know it. Good luck with the sale.

Nice Car! :)

Just a little correction.. this is not the "Sledgehammer" that car had a full cage in it, and was originally a blue T-type.

That car is currently in FL. The owner is on the board.. I believe he goes by RobsIron.

Good luck with the sale.

The car was purchased from Heath Elmer in 2005 and has been in Mississippi stored in a large, temperture controlled building. Please look at the link Heath sent me gnxregistry.com/GNX_059/ . I will post the current miles tomorrow. My partner asked me to post the car for sale. He is a collector and not a dealer.
As far as whe wheels, there were two GNX's in the collection # 059 and # 254 The extra parts, wheels and other items are in another part of the building.
I apologize for posting the car before putting my eyes on it today. I will be happy to update everyone.
As far as the name Slegehammer, Heath, the creator, told us this is that car. I took it for his word. Regardless, the car is for sale.