For those going to Noble for the shootout

Sorry to say that EJ and I will not be there :frown: unless his plans make a big change at the last minute. GO BUICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puddin

puddinpower said:
Sorry to say that EJ and I will not be there :frown: unless his plans make a big change at the last minute. GO BUICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puddin

I am surprised that we will not see the both of you this year. :( I guess we'll have to wait and see what is in store for next year's Buick Bash to hang out again. Let us know if things do work out at the last minute.

No problem,I really hope that EJ can get out of what he has to do, But, it is a 95% chance of no!! See you all next year and NO ALCOHOL!!!!!!!at Rubys

Update 10-22-06

Friday night 8pm racers can arrive to park. Must be aware that track can be full. My impression is that the NHRA event will be long . 2 Tech guys in the AM first thing until 9AM. (possibly 3) Fuel station is to be open at 8:30-9:10 and then top of every hour after. If NHRA race does go into Sunday, Racers will be asked to make way for FVB folks.

Come back to this page for more information.
www.okbuicks.com

just in case no one here knew this yet....
:cool:

quicker6 said:
Update 10-22-06

Friday night 8pm racers can arrive to park. Must be aware that track can be full. My impression is that the NHRA event will be long . 2 Tech guys in the AM first thing until 9AM. (possibly 3) Fuel station is to be open at 8:30-9:10 and then top of every hour after. If NHRA race does go into Sunday, Racers will be asked to make way for FVB folks.

Come back to this page for more information.
www.okbuicks.com

just in case no one here knew this yet....
:cool:

Are you saying the NHRA event may last until Sunday ?
meaning the NHRA racers ( with trailers) will have to sit around saturday while the Buick Vs Ford event takes place, and then prepare to race again Sunday ? Would they really move those big rigs out of our way ?

From my experience as a former NHRA racer:

Here is the official rainout information from www.NHRA.com as of 10/16/06:

Schedule for the Thunder Valley LODRS rainout event

October 26, 2006
9 am Parking Opens

October 27, 2006

9am 1 Round of Time Trials

1st round of eliminations begins at the end of Time Trials following the original race schedule. We will run the race until completion or until conditions dictate we stop. If we are not able to complete the event on the 27th we will finish eliminations on the 29th of October. Stock and Super Stock will be randomly paired for their first round of eliminations and then go on a ladder.

Here are my thoughts:

1. - There have already been several qualifying rounds for each of the NHRA categories prior to the rain out. Therefore, I would expect there to be only ONE time trial/qualifying session prior to begining eliminations.

2. - Because the returning participants are already teched in from the prior event there should not be a delay due to a tech in process. I would doubt that there would even be a noteworthy number of racers arriving that have not been processed already. Another words, I doubt that there will be a significant, if any, number of entrants arriving for this event for the first time. I would also expect that any tech in processes will be conducted on the 26th.

3. - This is the same weekend as the NHRA Las Vegas national event. Some of the participants will choose not to return to OK if it is not advantageous points wise to do so. Non returning participants are not penalized in the points race for withdrawing from the division race as a result of the rain out.

4. - I would expect that the NHRA crew does not want to be there any longer than necessary. Under normal conditions I would expect that this event could be completed in one day. There are only non-pro classes racing at this event. I would think that the last thing that they want to do is to wait around all day Saturday for us to do our thing. Not to mention picking up again on Sunday after the weather conditions are likely to have changed. By NHRA not pairing the Stock and Super Stock categories according to their qualifying positions will save a significant amount of time.

5. - If the race is delayed completion until Sunday, the number of remaining attendees will be minimal. Whatever that number is, however, you are dreaming if anyone thinks that they are going to move their rigs and cars to make parking available for us.

6. - This should still be a great and fun event just like is always is every year. The weather forecasts are currently predicting temperature highs in the lower 70's with plenty of sunshine. Therefore, don't let this year's unusual circumstances scare you off. We need everyone at every level to tie this thing back up!

Anybody guess at the odds of the event being delayed to Sunday? Am I missing something? :confused:

CPAKCP said:
Anybody guess at the odds of the event being delayed to Sunday? Am I missing something? :confused:

The odds of OUR event being delayed until Sunday should be 0.000!

So is there a group caravan going Friday??
I'd like to meet up in gainsville if so??? Have Buick Will travel!!!

280GNZ said:
So is there a group caravan going Friday??
I'd like to meet up in gainsville if so??? Have Buick Will travel!!!

There are several of us meeting at the Love's Truck Stop just south of the Denton Dragstrip at 4:00pm on Friday. Unfortunately, that would be a bit of backtracking for you. PM me if you want to give me a cell # and I will give you a call when we leave Love's and head your way. I assume that you are bringing a LC2 powered 280Z? If so, I would really like to talk to you in detail about how it was assembled. I have had similar ideas for such a project for a few years now. :D

insane6 said:
Were leaving out of Houston have not really figured the time yet due to not racing Friday night thinking somewhere around 9:00 AM

Where are you leaving from? I would like to meet up with anyone leaving from Houston to caravan.

Look forward to the weekend.

Noble trip

James,
My dad will not be there. Im in Tulsa right now on business. I will be driving down to Purcell Friday about 2pm. I'm staying at Ruby's friday night and Saturday night and fly back to Houston Sunday morning. I'm going to the track Friday night to watch some racing. My new cell 281-853-5465. Call me when you get into town. Are you bringing your car?

Where are you staying and when are you coming down?

Are you bringing your car?

Only in my dreams :rolleyes: Still waiting on parts from Extreme Automotive, but it's closer. Hope to have the short block in the shop next week. :)

TrboHead,

Hope to be there Larry. No car yet, but keeping my fingers crossed. How's your Buick??

puddinpower said:

Puddin

If Puddin and EJ aren't going :eek: , I'M NOT GOING!!! :mad: :frown: :frown:

It's still together so I can't complain. Hope to still say that after this weekend. Will be staying at Ruby's Friday night.

Look forward to a good weekend of racing.

rssooner said:
Where are you leaving from? I would like to meet up with anyone leaving from Houston to caravan.

Look forward to the weekend.

rssooner, I don't know if you will see this by the time you leave, but were are leaving at 9:00AM maybe we can meet up I will be up at 8:00 AM call me if you want 713-412-2780 cell Tim

Are there some Buicks in the 15s that go?

My buddy has a modded Powerstroke and we want to come but if there isn't a comparable buick he won't get to run and that won't be much fun :confused:

So if you have been in recent years please let me know. Also if he doesn't get to go in the shootout about how many passes will he get at the time trials? I heard there is usually a 100 cars total.

Thanks