Forward Drum C clip

TrboHead

I give....
How do you get the little C clip out of the Forward Drum using common everyday tools. Do I need to go buy something.
It's late and I've been staring at it way too long trying everything in my tool box. I'm a little hard headed also. I really don't want to go buy anything.

TrboHead said:
I give....
How do you get the little C clip out of the Forward Drum using common everyday tools. Do I need to go buy something.
It's late and I've been staring at it way too long trying everything in my tool box. I'm a little hard headed also. I really don't want to go buy anything.

You will have to compress the springs and use a snap ring plier to spread the snap ring out. HTH

Can I do this without a vise and without snap ring pliers. Is there a boneyard way to get it done.
I know the right way to do it but maybe there is a McGiver way. I need a way to depress the springs without standing on it and ending up in the emergency room.

TrboHead said:
Can I do this without a vise and without snap ring pliers. Is there a boneyard way to get it done.
I know the right way to do it but maybe there is a McGiver way. I need a way to depress the springs without standing on it and ending up in the emergency room.

You probably can depress the springs by using two equal length screwdrivers and press down equally on two sides of the spring retainer. Then you have to have a third hand to pry the clip out.. I would think you would have to have a retaining ring plier at the minimum. Shouldn't cost too much at the parts store.

I've used several c clamps at once to hold down the spring retainers. Clutch snap rings I've had no problems with using a screwdriver.

Now, the shaft snaprings are different. They come off easiest with using snapring pliers.