Found - GM Palex Grey & Black w/ Pics!!!

thrlskr

I've been scouring the upholstery shops nationwide for factory GM grey and black palex to cover my new race seats with.

After several hours on the phone and multiple leads I located a vendor in the US who would sell it to me by the yard. Purchased 2 yards of grey and 2.5 yards of black.

It's in excellent condition and should make my upholsterer happy!

Will post pics when the seats are done.

Attachments

• palex1.jpg
    palex1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 799
  • palex2.jpg
    palex2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 795
  • palex3.jpg
    palex3.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 833
  • palex4.jpg
    palex4.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 790
  • palex5.jpg
    palex5.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 807
How well does it match? If it doesnt match let me know. I know where to get the gray pallex thats dead on original. I have some I bought thats date coded 87 c+A #188. compared to my seats its dead on

How well does it match? If it doesnt match let me know. I know where to get the gray pallex thats dead on original. I have some I bought thats date coded 87 c+A #188. compared to my seats its dead on

Can you PM me there info

Thanks
Dave

Asto-T
can you pm me the place you got your material from? I have been looking for the grey for my T-type for some time now. Highway stars and jax seat cvrs(which is called somethin else now) has the material, but it's something like 500 to 600$ and highway stars says that the material really does not match exactly.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Chuck

Matches very well to my all original GN interior - looks dead on to me.

I will caveat that is was pricey and I almost went another route given the expense. I might not have enough to do the backs of the seats.

finding the alusive color match

Read your post on searching the country for matching material at uphostry shops.
I was doing the same thing till I talked a very high end shop that re did custom rods show classics and high dollars cars like merc SL's, vett's and the like.

To match my seats he removed the back seat and removed a splotch from underneath so it was clean and un-faded. As I want original materials and colors for my T. Most shops carry reiminence most of the time.

I went to a company in Phx Az which is one of the largest supplier for the area and western us, used there books which is broken down by year manufacture and model Had my seats front and back, door panels,headliner rear inserts and visors all redone in original color and pattern would post pic but everything is wrapped in shrink wrap:cool: Find the supplier they keep thousands of hugh rolls custom and classic materials is there bread and butter Do you have a code for the material (palex) and year:confused:

gn seats

can you pm the address or the name of the company to buy the material. thanks, cesar.

is there anyway to identify original GM pallex material?

I have been searching for original material and I talked to one person that says he has it, is there anyway to verify that?

What is a good price for OEM material per yard?

Thx!

most uphostery shops have a book of materials by make model and year it will give a material code and matching trim materials Just being nosie who are you talking to in phx is he a uphostery shop or is he a supplier.

shops have some materials on hand but usaully go to supplier can suggest an uphostery shop works on high end collector cars and classics

what work are you looking to have done , I had all seats headliner,sunvisors door panels real panels all done in original materials

are you looking just for materials or work cost is part of work quote most of the time

I've got a small tear in my passenger side seat (black section) .... Any help in finding the original black pallex material or something similiar would be appreciated.. Thanks

The Darkside

I like all the i found place threads....What Places????
Is it that hard to post an web-site/address?

Darkside. I found some stuff that was really close years ago. I might still have some PM me and we can discuss.

Thx!

The black I have I found years ago. It is not the same as the stock pallex, but it is the closest thing I have found and plan to use it in the future for GN seat material. It has the same texture/look, but in the light it is missing the "sheen" the stock material had. I don't have an unlimited supply, but PM me if you want a sample to see if this will fit your project.