Friday night drags at TMS

Warped

No helmet required!
I plan on going tomorrow night. I have not been there before as a spectator or participant. Anyone one gone? What's it like?

I'm going. It's pretty fun definitely different than a real dragstrip. I'll be spectating as my transmission sprung a leak but I want to join in on the fun as soon as it's fixed.

I went once a couple of years ago and didn't get there till around 7-730p which was to late for any time trials. You have to be there by 530-6pm to get any time trials. Me being east of Dallas there is just no way.

Unless they have changed (do a search for TMS Friday night drags) you'll be put in with any Turbo'd or Supercharged car. Just ask Mike Mahalik he had to race a 600hp CTS-V.

No tree all done by a flag man on pit road.

Dave nailed it. It's a fun event more for the test and tune. Once eliminations start, our cars get lumped in with the run of the mill Camaro/Mustang crowd which aren't too much problem, but our class also has the GTRs, CTS-Vs, 911 turbos and ZR1 Vettes to name a few. My car can tickle 12s on a good day but I've got nothing for a 700hp car. Cars can't be trailered but there are a ton of super fast street cars now. I think that class needs to be split on dollar/performance or something. I'm wasn't going thinking I could win, but it's nice to at least be on relatively even ground lol.

You all nailed it. A fun event to watch but I don't think I'd race there. The Caddys are very quick. The Dodges were dogs including 2 Hellcats. Definitely a unique event.