Front mount IC vs Bigger stock location IC

Interesting, I thought the most you get out of the stock turbo was around 23 or 24psi. after that they are out of their efficiency range and just produce heat. I don't know for sure, that is just hear say.

Unfortunately I already have a PTE SLIC and with my 109 and trans rebuild, I just don't want to spend the money to buy a FMIC. Perhaps in the future.

BTW enjoy your stock setup, I wish I would have let my car stock. I bought it on May 2nd 2008 and by the first week of June I had upgraded my turbo, fuel pump, injectors and TT chip, Razor's Alky and Cold Air Kit. Didn't take but a few months before the new pump failed and a head gasket blew. Block was never the same after that and eventually the crank ended up in my oil pan. So now I'm paying about the same to rebuild my 109 and trans as I originally paid for the car.

Your story is the story of countless GN owners :)

Sorry to hear bout your bad luck MCH86GN , I bought mine stock and seen really fast upgrades cost alot . I got the car and my wife gave me a grand to start out with , needless to say that grand was gone in bout the first week . I am so lucky to have a friend that has had 2 TB but its been bout ten years since he has played with one so he had to do a little studing up on them . I am probably not gonna do much more to her , she is fast enough and have a great deal of respect for her . I look forward to putting her on the track just to see where im at , hoping mid 12s .
Cool. Enjoy the as much as you can.

I love my car , as we all do , I can just stand and look at it or cruise around town , its so much fun

Your story is the story of countless GN owners :)
I know. However, when I say stock, I mean stock long block, turbo and IC. It had a fairly new Red Armstrong fuel pump in it. Had my Red Armstrong pump not been replaced with an XP pump from 2008, which there were known issues, I probably wouldn't have blown my head gasket. However, I didn't know at the time when I bought that it had a Red Armstrong pump and going through the glove box one day I found a black book with a complete maintenance log in. Right near the end, I read replaced fuel with Red Armstrong unit and RA 93 Oct chip.

We live and learn. I'm having a spare 109 block rebuilt and my transmission and a few other things. I have to pay attention to detail and take my time, because if I destroy my motor or transmission, I'll be either selling it as is or parting it out. My wife will not tolerate me spending anymore money.

Hey MCH86GN , I understand on the mistakes , Im so lucky to have some guys here local thats been helping . A guy here in town just bought a 87GN and when I stopped and talk with him he had bought the car and had no info on anything , I have been trying to help him with the little bit of things that I know .

I know. However, when I say stock, I mean stock long block, turbo and IC. It had a fairly new Red Armstrong fuel pump in it. Had my Red Armstrong pump not been replaced with an XP pump from 2008, which there were known issues, I probably wouldn't have blown my head gasket. However, I didn't know at the time when I bought that it had a Red Armstrong pump and going through the glove box one day I found a black book with a complete maintenance log in. Right near the end, I read replaced fuel with Red Armstrong unit and RA 93 Oct chip.

We live and learn. I'm having a spare 109 block rebuilt and my transmission and a few other things. I have to pay attention to detail and take my time, because if I destroy my motor or transmission, I'll be either selling it as is or parting it out. My wife will not tolerate me spending anymore money.
I completely understand. If I blow the engine again, the car will sit for a long time as I'm not spending that much money again. Like you said...live and learn.