Front Mount vs. Stock Location Intercooler.

No spring cleaning, Your car can run all year....Are matto's "Stay north an Drive Slow" 8^)

If I was younger I'd roll race ya. Bring it on down to Bradenton and let's line 'em up in the 1/4 mile. 3.42's vs 3.20's

Deal! (i made a run of ""42 min."" from Universal stuido's to the Gandy Bridge back in the day)

x2, I'd love a 6.90 1/8th car...

well your car running mid 11s would beat most of the cars on the street believe me. Melissa beat up a lot of "fast cars" with her old set up. Her new set up ..well you can just pace the guys then wave an floor it :p

That isn't slow.. Well at least to me! You guys and your low 10/high 9 second cars.. <_<.
Youre about $4000 in parts not including labor away from running 6.90's or faster all night off the foot brake with drag radials not including the trans work you need. You will get there way before i ever did.

How fast is our combination??Nice collection of parts either way

Kevin
Dont worry about Bozo. I take kool guy parts off my car so i can make it a fair race between me and clowns like him.

Youre about $4000 in parts not including labor away from running 6.90's or faster all night off the foot brake with drag radials not including the trans work you need. You will get there way before i ever did.

Cool! Ill be saving up then haha. Speaking of transmission work...

cold air is nice BUT the combo is more important. We run the intercooler and air cleaner in the hot engine bay to preheat the alky better :D
So running a FMIC and alky isnt as effiecent as running alky with the stock IC?

So running a FMIC and alky isnt as effiecent as running alky with the stock IC?
Besides the differances of drag car an daily driver...It's starting to depend on your location, if your up north with cold air you can stay stock, but if your in the warm air of the south, Frount mounts the way to go,,but there is Allways the flow resriction,I said it before, a small box can only flow So Much..

Besides the differances of drag car an daily driver...It's starting to depend on your location, if your up north with cold air you can stay stock, but if your in the warm air of the south, Frount mounts the way to go,,but there is Allways the flow resriction,I said it before, a small box can only flow So Much..
Oh ok...Gulf coast mississippi...lol hot

There's a scoop on SLIC, its not like its got flame throwers heating it up and the difference between running SLIC and front mount is not worth 3 seconds in the 1/4 mile. On my V4, I dropped the lower part of the scoop down further to get even more air. If I drive my T around town (in 90F+ degree heat), the IC is not too hot to touch. Once I get into the 9's I think I'll pull a bison and try my stock untouched IC, throttle body and doghouse and see how much slower it goes.

There's a scoop on SLIC, its not like its got flame throwers heating it up and the difference between running SLIC and front mount is not worth 3 seconds in the 1/4 mile. On my V4, I dropped the lower part of the scoop down further to get even more air. If I drive my T around town (in 90F+ degree heat), the IC is not too hot to touch. Once I get into the 9's I think I'll pull a bison and try my stock untouched IC, throttle body and doghouse and see how much slower it goes.

Get a Thermal laser reader, go out on the asphalt an measure street level -vs- 2-3 feet up...8^)

Get a Thermal laser reader, go out on the asphalt an measure street level -vs- 2-3 feet up...8^)

Just after dawn racing is where it's at so the pavement is cooler. Although, I think the moon's gravitational field has more affect on performance than the air temp difference going into a SLIC and a front mount. What if there's wind, and last I checked, heat rises. If there's a worry about too much radiant heat, better thermal wrap those low hanging front mount pipes as well so they don't get heat soaked by the pavement.

Just after dawn racing is where it's at so the pavement is cooler. Although, I think the moon's gravitational field has more affect on performance than the air temp difference going into a SLIC and a front mount. What if there's wind, and last I checked, heat rises. If there's a worry about too much radiant heat, better thermal wrap those low hanging front mount pipes as well so they don't get heat soaked by the pavement.

You must run the extreme rain f1 tire to race in Morning Dew,The Moon sank the Titanic (closet to earth in years,tides rose, broke the ice burg loose),Heat rizes,correct,right up your stock location intercooler Scoop..lol..Great idea on low pipes!!!! esp. the Inlet