Fuel pump issues

NY_GN

Planning next secret evil upgrade
Turn the key no fuel pressure and can't hear it , DW 400 that's loud. Replaced relay, fuses and checked wiring, no dice.

Dropped tank and pulled pump, gave it 12v and it runs fine.

My guess is ecm is not sending signal, looking for my spare now.

Any other suggestions?

Does the grey wire at the alternator hot terminal run the pump? I have a similar issue I have been chasing for years

Does the grey wire at the alternator hot terminal run the pump? I have a similar issue I have been chasing for years
Years!!!?, I'm gonna crack this one by tonight.

No, I tried to feed the test wire and no power.

Swapped out Ecu and same same, so my only next illogical guess is bad grnd at the sending unit or tank....I'm spit ballin at this point.

Oil pressure switch is a backup for the relay. Itll fire up the fuel pump if it has at least 4 psi and ya that's good I checked.

Just probed all wires, sending unit is thg he only thing not receiving power.

Gonna resolder all connections on it/look for new one. Never had this happen on any car before, I seem to say that alot for this car though.

Do you have power at the factory plug at the tank? Maybe check for power at ignition switch!

Just checked that, I do have power there with key on and when I plug the hotwire kit it has power too.

So if you plug the factory plugs together without hot wire, the pump still does come on?

Sounds like that strong pump may have burn up the factory wires or bulkhead on the hanger.

Good call, I need a stout sending unit, anyone got part numbers? Racetronix?

You may need to call them, I believe they don't sell just the hangers anymore??

Call a shop like Cruz that is a vendor for them. Racetronix will sell off the website but they won't spend time directly with customers. The pricing is good through the vendor. Not long ago Racetronix sold a heavy duty hanger harness but it is not on their website. They probably build them to order now.

Got one, put it in all is good. Thanks for the input.

3/4 tank was a bitch to get back up by myself. I'm gonna build a gbody gas tank caddy.

Were you able to see the burnt pins? Where did u get the new Racetronix harness from?

Burnt pin is in the pic and I ordered from Racetronix website.

Attachments

• 20190615_093618.jpg
    20190615_093618.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
I had 2 bulkheads do that. So far no issues with the Racetronix bulkhead installed about 3 years ago.

Burnt pin is in the pic and I ordered from Racetronix website.
Have had great dealings with Racetronix.
In my experience, a 255 can be powerd safely via the stock pins. Larger pumps need an upgraded intermediate harness, especially when fuel delivery pressure is pushed.

Last edited: