rwrows

today at pep boys:

counter guy (late 50s): what's up?
me: i need a blower motor
counter guy: [scrolls on computer]
me: '87 buick grand national
counter guy: is that an SUV?
me: nah regal

how could he possibly work at pep boys at the parts counter and not know what a grand national was? man. he was so slow and apathetic too. what a slob.

Parts counter people generally have no more knowledge about cars than your average burger flipper. How do I know this? I used to work at a parts counter for discount autoparts (now advance).

To me its not the counter people that are funny it is the customers that go in there and ask the counter people for car advice as if counter people knew anything about cars. I've even given someone advice while in line and been summarily dismissed in favor of the "advice" the "expert" counterman gave them.. lol

today at pep boys:

how could he possibly work at pep boys at the parts counter and not know what a grand national was? man. he was so slow and apathetic too. what a slob.

Haha, gotta love getting something for the BUicks at a Retail store, it's always a crapshoot.

Me: I need a part
Him: Year, make, model?
Me: 87, Buick, Regal, 3.8 liter Turbo
Him: That a Grand National?
Me: No, it's a T-type.
Him: You should have got a Grand National, those things are fast.
Me: :confused:

Haha, gotta love getting something for the BUicks at a Retail store, it's always a crapshoot.

Me: I need a part
Him: Year, make, model?
Me: 87, Buick, Regal, 3.8 liter Turbo
Him: That a Grand National?
Me: No, it's a T-type.
Him: You should have got a Grand National, those things are fast.
Me: :confused:

He was right.:cool:

Ha, try finding a part for a Syclone. I was once asked if thats a bike, I replied that I wasnt aware GMC made bikes and no it's basicly a Sonoma.

I had an old guy at Oriely's ask me if I painted my GN and then he tells me that all Grand Nationals were white!!! He just thought since he was older, he knew more.:confused: -----jeremy

I had a little fun with the local Auto Zone guys. I go into the store and a guy asks me what I need. So, I tell him I need spark plugs for 84 GMC 6.2 diesel.:biggrin: After looking through his computer he couldn't find anything!;) Sir, I don't seem to list anything for that. I said a diesel doesn't have spark plugs. DUH!!!! He felt pretty stupid but then I told him I needed the glow plugs for a diesel. He found them. If some people don't even know that diesels don't have spark plugs I don't think they should be working there to begin with. IMHO!

Just goes to show how stupid some people are!!!!

My latest visit to Pep Boys went like this:

Me: Hi, I need a set of spark plugs
Him: What kind of car?
Me: It's a race car and you won't find it matching but I have the specific model #
Him: What is it?
Me: Autolite spark plugs # 103
Him: Is that a brand?
Me: OK I'm outta here

True story

today at pep boys:

i read a story just like that earlier....

do you have a chevelle too?

HAD TONS OF FUN WITH THE SPARK PLUG THING

ME I NEED SOME PLUGS.

COUNTER, WHAT KIND OF CAR.

ME WELL I JUST NEED # BLAH BLAH BLAH

COUNTER, WHAT KIND OF CAR

ME, LISTEN, ITS NOT THE ORIGINAL MOTOR

COUNTER, WHAT KIND OF CAR?

ME, OK THEN ITS A 86 GRAND NATIONAL.

COUNTER, OK 3.8 TURBO RIGHT?

ME, NO ACTUALLY ITS A 427 BIG BLOCK. STUPID NOW GET THE PLUGS I ASKED FOR

COUNTER, SORRY WE DON'T LIST THAT ENGINE OPTION.

ME, ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR?

COUNTER, NO SIR JUST THAT YOU ARE MISTAKEN.

ME, :rolleyes:

today at pep boys:

WOW SONOFABITCH U OWNED HIS ASS HOLY **** HAHAHAHAHA LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that a Monte?

I know everyone has heard this one before... I'm talking to my co-worker this morning, I told him I bought a used car this weekend 86GN. I go into detail explaining the 3 TR's I've owned prior, the difference between T-Type's, Turbo-T's, and Grand Nationals, and mentioned it was produced by Buick. We were talking for like 10 minutes, so he asks to show him a picture, and I do. You know what he says next, "Is that some type of a Monte Carlo"? :mad: WTF dude!!!!

An SUV in 1987? Was that even a term in 1987?!
Never trust the ppl at these places or their computers. They only know what it does, and it probably has had one update to info since 1987, so I always go w/ part #s, when that fails remind them they are behind that counter for $6 hr for a reason.

See this is where old fart status starts to become useful.

You need to train the parts store counter people to know that you are a god when it comes to cars. All my parts people know me by first name and cell number. They even call me when they are stumped.

I have them trained well.

I went in Auto Zone awhile back, the guy behind the counter saw my '86 Blue T Type. He asked if it was a Grand National?, I said no, GNs are black, T Types come in different colors. He responded "thats right, Buick built the GNs, Pontiac built the T Types". I said "thats right:rolleyes: ", paid & walked out, wasn`t worth the effort to argue.