Future tsm project car

RYAN GRAVES

Here is my car I bought in October of 2005. This car sat in my friends fathers backyard for 3 years. I inquired about purchasing for 2 years, but he would not sell it. It turns out he was storing for a friend. After a year and a half later he called me and asked if I was still interested, so for $1000 dollars I bought it. I only changed the wheels to get it home.

beginningofrestoration003.jpg
beginningofrestoration001.jpg

beginningofrestoration006.jpg
beginningofrestoration005.jpg

beginningofrestoration009.jpg
beginningofrestoration008.jpg

For what you gave...... you stole it! It is rough around the edges..... but you definately have something to work with.....

Any word on when it last ran? Get it running and all cleaned up and post up some more pics.

Congrats on the find....

Sorry for the confusion. the pictures of the car are when I brought it home in 2005. I have since did a complete frame off with the car and is in my avatar. The car has gone 11.30 with the motor in the above pics. I only replaced lower intake gaskets, timing chain and valve springs. I will post more pics in the future.

Wow, sounds like you definitely stole it for $1000!!! If you get a chance please post some more recent pics and keep us updated on your progress as you make it into a TSM car.:cool:

Updated pictures

Here are some updated pics. I stripped the car and sent it to the body shop.

beginningofrestoration041-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Frame pics after frame rails were notched

frameresto005.jpg
[/IMG]

frameresto007.jpg
[/IMG]

Picked up car from chassis shop

After the frame and rough body work done and new poly body bushings installed. I sent the car to MPR chassis shop for the cage to be installed. I had an eight point chrome moly cage installed and the entire car squared.

http://
buickrollcage015.jpg
buickrollcage006.jpg

buickrollcage014.jpg
buickrollcage005.jpg

buickrollcage020.jpg
buickrollcage003.jpg

Wow! That car will be bad@ss! Good luck with the build. We always welcome new people to race the class:cool:

Ryan,
Looks like a really nice ride you constructed there. Cage looks nice, Should certify to 8.50 no problem.

Did you keep the air conditioning?

any way Welcome into TSM.

Thanks for the compliments Kevin. Sam I met you at Milans heads up race this summer, I was introduced to you by a Jeff Harrington. It was a short conversation during all the activities, but nice meeting you. I plan on keeping the heater box due to cold weekend nights. Maybe in the future it will come out not sure yet.

Sam I met you at Milans heads up race this summer, I was introduced to you by a Jeff Harrington. It was a short conversation during all the activities, but nice meeting you. I plan on keeping the heater box due to cold weekend nights. Maybe in the future it will come out not sure yet.

Hey Ryan,
I finally made the connection. I remember talking to you. That was some awesome racing that night. That is going to be one hellave machine after you finish the next stage of the build.

You are going to get hooked on TSM:biggrin: Exspecially after reviewing what your running now with pretty much a bone stock engine.

Best of luck to you on getting it completed over the winter.

:biggrin: That's probably gonna be 2011.

Hmmm............

Thanks for the compliments Kevin. Sam I met you at Milans heads up race this summer, I was introduced to you by a Jeff Harrington. It was a short conversation during all the activities, but nice meeting you. I plan on keeping the heater box due to cold weekend nights. Maybe in the future it will come out not sure yet.

If you've ever worked on a car w/o the heater box you may reconsider. Servicing the v-covers, spark plus or headers is so much easier:cool:

Yes, Sam that heads up series is pretty awesome at Milan. I think there may be a buick or two running radial next year. I hope to make a couple rounds of TSM next year. Have some more work to do to the car. I built the car
around running TSM, so it is mainly a motor,trans swap. with upgrades to fuel, ignition and AMS 1000.

This is the stock motor I pulled out of the car. Put new headers,turbo,valve springs,timing chain and a few gaskets.

assembly1008.jpg
assembly1006.jpg

assembly1033.jpg
assembly1031.jpg

These are the latest pictures I have of the car, before parking it in the garage and making the changes for the 2010 TSM season. I will post more pics when
I make the swap and parts come in.

Ryanscar006.jpg
Ryanscar007.jpg

Ryanscar009.jpg
Ryanscar013.jpg
Ryanscar022.jpg

Ryanscar016.jpg
CAR.jpg

Ryan how is the progress coming????

I see have you XFI in your signature now. Your car is going to fly isn't it:)

TSM rocks!!!!!!