G-80 rear questions

Had to dig out some time slips, current is 69.90 69.98 and 70.38 mph on 3 dif runs, I'd like to change that to between 80 and 90 mph, but the motor and trans just can't put enough power down to do that in thier current state. Thats why I was kickin the ratio change idea around.
What boost? Was that with alky? Stock motor?

If you know the trap RPM, it will tell you what to do.

FWIW;
With ported heads and alky, you should be able to run 90 mph around 20 PSI, if you have the supporting mods.

Those slips are one street tires and stock rear stock upper and lowers arms, stock sway bar. I'm planning on showing up at nc the same, just with 3.73 gear. I'll take the slips from before and after and post them up to see the difference.

stock motor tired, stock trans tired, only the mods in my sig and the alchy lets me run 17 lbs on a stock turbo without knock.

stock motor tired, stock trans tired, only the mods in my sig and the alchy lets me run 17 lbs on a stock turbo without knock.
Yeah, sounds like your rpm is low. (low 4000's)
You may benefit from the 3.73 on your set-up for a 1/8 mile car.

I'll get 1st, second, and then third, and hit the traps right where u said about 4000 in third. I was figuring on doing the trans this year and motor the next and being done, now that I'm dropping money in the rear its gonna push me back a year. oh well. kinda funny friend of mine asked me " aren't u pissed about having to put that much money into ur car, and I said nope, if it was my subaru I'd be pissed, but I like this car."

Man it just keeps getting better..... I get all these parts and go to put the bearings in the diff only to see that the raceway on the side where the bearing collapsed well, I put the new bearing in the one side fits nice....put the bearing in the other side and I can spin it, upon closer inspection, the old bearing that imploded gouged the diff raceway and now I need to buy a diff shell and axle tubes....FMLife.....I got a junk yard 8.5 for 250 with no axles, now I gotta strip the unit out of the diff clean it install it and then I can continue with my project. I'm trying to get this done along with another upgrade or two intime to go to the nats in nc, extra hrs being I only have weekend hrs and a carport to work out of.
I know, rah rah rah, whine whine whine........just get it done right?

Man it just keeps getting better..... I get all these parts and go to put the bearings in the diff only to see that the raceway on the side where the bearing collapsed well, I put the new bearing in the one side fits nice....put the bearing in the other side and I can spin it, upon closer inspection, the old bearing that imploded gouged the diff raceway and now I need to buy a diff shell and axle tubes....FMLife.....I got a junk yard 8.5 for 250 with no axles, now I gotta strip the unit out of the diff clean it install it and then I can continue with my project. I'm trying to get this done along with another upgrade or two intime to go to the nats in nc, extra hrs being I only have weekend hrs and a carport to work out of.
I know, rah rah rah, whine whine whine........just get it done right?

Perfection takes time! ;)

that junkyard that said they had a 8.5 10 bolt for a regal was wrong, they had a 7.5 10 bolt, this is killin me...... does anyone have a 8.5 in 10 bolt diff and axle tubes shell from a gn or t type? I got cash and will drive.....what I don't have is time.....I want to just get this done....got other stuff to get done before the turbo nats.

Just got home today with a good rear out of a GN, working local all week, so as long as the weather cooperates I might get some stuff done here.

Just bought new control arms , my one stock upper had an elongated hole on it, might as well do it while the rears out.

Wrong size diff carrier bearing, 89 and up eaton posi, 84 diff casing, had to get the bigger inside diameter bearings ..... napa had them. Got the bearing on the pinion and on the eaton unit. we'll see what can we can get done tomorrow.

Control arms arrived yesterday gn1 alum, very nice. at this rate I will be done with this on sunday sometime. rears pretty much assembled, just have to put the cover on it and finish cleaning up the brake line on it.