Gaining interest in Holley Dominator EFI

Plug in for GN harness, self learning system, I'd make the jump from chip to Holley, I wouldn't do it for FAST system.
Mike

Plug in for GN harness, self learning system, I'd make the jump from chip to Holley, I wouldn't do it for FAST system.
Mike

I'm kinda nervous about doing the switch to Holley...without an adapter harness. I know I could build it, but I rather buy it all pre-done. Caspers needs to make one even if its not a big money maker product.

IMO there is no reason to be intimidated by a stand alone harness. I'd much rather have an all new wiring harness controlling my motor than a harness 25 years old. This applies to XFI or Holley.

I've used the learn feature and think it's a great piece. You have to be careful using it for idle tuning but you can change the aggressiveness of the learn feature. If the learn feature is aggressive down low it can make large un-needed changes to the base table. The learn feature is a big help sorting out the fuel curve because I do not like the base table being in pounds per hr. I prefer a VE table.

Reactions: STP
Anything new on the Buick version? I'd love to be rid of the factory ECM and NOT have to spend $3k+ to do it...

There are a lot of options under $3K

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Very interested in this. Reading up on yellow bullet, seems people are very happy with the inputs and outputs available.

Plus you find me something I can get on amazon and their prices and I'm partial towards that.

Plus you find me something I can get on amazon and their prices and I'm partial towards that.

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying you prefer to buy an aftermarket ecu off of Amazon? Because you think the pricing will be better?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

There are a lot of options under $3K

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Let me rephrase that. Has there been any progress on the Buick "Holley HP" system from people on here? There appears to be no wiring harness yet, and I'm not seeing any pre-start tune up files on Holley's DL section or their forum. In fact, searching their forum has no references at all to anything related to a Buick V6...

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying you prefer to buy an aftermarket ecu off of Amazon? Because you think the pricing will be better?

Hey Cal, I just feel that if Amazon gets introduced in any aftermarket product, it eventually helps in the product pricing for the consumer.

Tom Robison on here currently has a good running buick v6 with a holley dominator. He used the ls1 harness and modified it. I got an hp for my v6, but I'm busy at work and haven't had time to finish the car. I plan on modifying the ls1 harness too. There is no buick v6 harness or whatever made for the car. Also, the holley system is universal. The same box can control a ls1, buick v6 or whatever other combo you have without any modifications.
I'm going to use the holley coils. Tom uses a distributor on his. He goes by Tom Robison on here.

I paid less than $2k for the hp, harness, coils, map, and a few other things. I moved from the accel dfi. I really like that system but there is no factory support anymore for it. There are a bunch of fast cars around here running the holley system.

Tom Robison on here currently has a good running buick v6 with a holley dominator. He used the ls1 harness and modified it. I got an hp for my v6, but I'm busy at work and haven't had time to finish the car. I plan on modifying the ls1 harness too. There is no buick v6 harness or whatever made for the car. Also, the holley system is universal. The same box can control a ls1, buick v6 or whatever other combo you have without any modifications.
I'm going to use the holley coils. Tom uses a distributor on his. He goes by Tom Robison on here.

I paid less than $2k for the hp, harness, coils, map, and a few other things. I moved from the accel dfi. I really like that system but there is no factory support anymore for it. There are a bunch of fast cars around here running the holley system.

Thanks, Kevin! I guess I never considered modding an LS harness, the Holley version is ~ $300 less than a "new" Buick harness and all you'd really need are the engine-side connector shells and a pin set plus you'd already have the ECM ends installed. Did Tom build his own startup file or is there one available that I've not been able to find?

I think he just started with a ls1 tune and built off that. You can Pm him on here.
The harness will need some work. Best part would be it would be very easy to go to a ls1 cop setup if you use the ls1 harness.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Hey Cal, I just feel that if Amazon gets introduced in any aftermarket product, it eventually helps in the product pricing for the consumer.

This is true. However when you have a tech question, install question, tuning question will anyone at Amazon be able to help? Getting help sorting out issues and answering questions is worth more than you can imagine. I'll gladly pay a dealer such as Cal some additional money up front for the assistance I will need down the road. I'm no beginner but I still speak to Cal regularly when I'm doing something new with an XFI system.

I looked hard into the Holley system. It has some nice features and the pricing is good. In the end I still prefer XFI and will continue to use XFI. Cal has these systems operating well and can do anything you want to do with them.

This is true. However when you have a tech question, install question, tuning question will anyone at Amazon be able to help? Getting help sorting out issues and answering questions is worth more than you can imagine. I'll gladly pay a dealer such as Cal some additional money up front for the assistance I will need down the road. I'm no beginner but I still speak to Cal regularly when I'm doing something new with an XFI system.

I looked hard into the Holley system. It has some nice features and the pricing is good. In the end I still prefer XFI and will continue to use XFI. Cal has these systems operating well and can do anything you want to do with them.
Couldnt agree more.

What I've found though in my research is that Holley EFI can't take in as a data input the ethanol content via a flex fuel sensor and make decisions with that information. Meaning, not just report it so the driver can make a manual switch, I mean adjust parameters based I if I have E70, E80, E82, E85 or whatever. In my opinion, that is a deal breaker as more and more cars are going E85. I hope I'm wrong as that should be a basic function I think now in 2013 with any modern EFI.

For that reason, no brainer XFI > Holley.

Would love to hear from others if I'm wrong here but this was told pretty clearly to me on other forums.

I have the Holley Dominator on my 427RHS Block single 98mm turbo in the Camaro now. I really like the system!
It runs the Rossler 4L80E too.
About to hook up the boost control.

I'm switching the Bustang over to the Holley system too as I'm installing a 4L80E with as much driving as the car get's on Drag Week and around here it's a great addition.
To install the system you'll need
558104 Main Harness.... Terminate the ends with your standard GM/GN Connectors. Should make a very un-clutterd and clean install
The new "Smart Coils" are smal like the LS1 coils and we can now do Coil on plug.
558312 is the new harness for the Smart Coils.. (Avalable in the next week)

I will have a base start up program for everyone that is interested.

This is really the best system on the market.... !!!!!
~Scott

This is true. However when you have a tech question, install question, tuning question will anyone at Amazon be able to help? Getting help sorting out issues and answering questions is worth more than you can imagine. I'll gladly pay a dealer such as Cal some additional money up front for the assistance I will need down the road. I'm no beginner but I still speak to Cal regularly when I'm doing something new with an XFI system. I looked hard into the Holley system. It has some nice features and the pricing is good. In the end I still prefer XFI and will continue to use XFI. Cal has these systems operating well and can do anything you want to do with them.

I think Norbs might have started this thread just to "push" FAST for more upgrading... :)

I think Norbs might have started this thread just to "push" FAST for more upgrading... :)
Your reading between the lines...Lol. I dont like the software screens in the Holley, make some table full screen,and I was not getting good tech support either on the holley forum. Similar reasons I had to dump pro-efi off my laptop, software too unfriendly complex, etc. Fast is nice and user friendly ...............

Your reading between the lines...Lol. I dont like the software screens in the Holley, make some table full screen,and I was not getting good tech support either on the holley forum. Similar reasons I had to dump pro-efi off my laptop, software too unfriendly complex, etc. Fast is nice and user friendly ...............
What are you talking about? The holley has full screens. Maybe it is the more resolution it has that makes the numbers seem smaller?

When i get a chance I will DL the software again and post some screen shots of what I mean....