Gathering in Myrtle Beach in August

kh440 said:
made reservations over the weekend, palmetto side ocean view 74./night plus tax. I'll punch up expedia again shortly and post what I find......

i figured we would all stay in the same place, If that's OK with everyone.

so now I'm confused and a little aggravated: room decription from expedia.com is: "side oceanview,palmetto" which does not match anything in the resort's home page (www.breakers.com)-just found it after the fact. so I have no idea if that's considered north tower,main or whatever, and I've been put on terminal hold by the phone system twice. Anyway the phone is 1-800-952-4507 7am-11pm. if anybody else has the time and can figure out where the heck this room is I'll buy them a nice dinner while we're there.....

kh440 said:
made reservations over the weekend, palmetto side ocean view 74./night plus tax. I'll punch up expedia again shortly and post what I find......

Were you able to un-reservate??

sydwyndr said:
Were you able to un-reservate??

I can, but I get hit with a $25 cancellation fee. At this point it may be worth it to start over and deal with the resort directly. Which section does everybody want? Or are you still thinking somewhere else? Not like there aren't a ton of places to pick.......

kh440 said:
I can, but I get hit with a $25 cancellation fee. At this point it may be worth it to start over and deal with the resort directly. Which section does everybody want? Or are you still thinking somewhere else? Not like there aren't a ton of places to pick.......

If you want to set it up go for it. Your right there is a shortage of hotels to choose from. :)

Any thoughts of what we are doing when we get down there? Or are we just going to hang out, get a tan, do some drinking? I am not sure if i can make it for Friday, but will definitely be down on Saturday.

Cancelled first reservation (f-n expedia...crooks) from what I've seen Breakers looks like the best facility for the money.
here are the rates for 2 nights from their own webpage:

Main tower: 156-200
North tower: 138-148
Paradise tower: 188-240
(plus taxes)

two-bit opinion: paradise tower may be a little pricey, and from the pictures I've seen north tower is butt-ugly, I would vote main tower for first choice.

kh440 said:
Cancelled first reservation (f-n expedia...crooks) from what I've seen Breakers looks like the best facility for the money.
here are the rates for 2 nights from their own webpage:

Main tower: 156-200
North tower: 138-148
Paradise tower: 188-240
(plus taxes)

two-bit opinion: paradise tower may be a little pricey, and from the pictures I've seen north tower is butt-ugly, I would vote main tower for first choice.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
too much $$$. My wife is going to search around. The crown reef is running specials this month for oceanfront for $79 per nite. I will let you know later.

we'll stand by: "regals at the reef" has a decent ring to it also..... :cool:

kh440 said:
we'll stand by: "regals at the reef" has a decent ring to it also..... :cool:

LOL!! That is good. If we get this then we may can make an annual trip of this with that name. :wink:

Crap

Looks like I'm comin alone, any one else? would be good if I could share a room. I gotta say 200's a bit much for me. I will be there for sure though.

We need to get jumping on some rooms guys/gals before its too late:
Can someone try these on Sunday??
Landmark resort 800-845-0658
Corral Beach 800-843-2684
Crown Reef 800-405-7333

They seem to have some good rates from anywhere from 70-90 per night. Someone take the lead on this. I have to work at the track :mad: tomorrow and won't be able to. Sept 9-11.

Thanks

Any thoughts to what we are going to do when we get there? The SC boys said there is an 1/8mile track there if you want to set something up. I am willing to set up dinner with them on Saturday night if you all want to hang out with some other Camaro and Firebird people, just a thought. :)

slider252 said:
Any thoughts to what we are going to do when we get there? The SC boys said there is an 1/8mile track there if you want to set something up. I am willing to set up dinner with them on Saturday night if you all want to hang out with some other Camaro and Firebird people, just a thought. :)

I'm good with that. We still need to iron out if we all plan on staying together as well. I will have reservations somewhere today and try to hold several rooms in the process. I need to know exactly who's coming so I can hold enough rooms, who is willing to bunk together, etc..

I'm definitely in. Going stag or drag I don't know yet. Crown Reef seems the nicest but average rates run around 80-85/night.

kh440 said:
I'm definitely in. Going stag or drag I don't know yet. Crown Reef seems the nicest but average rates run around 80-85/night.

OK, i'm calling the reef first. Who wants to bunk?? I am a non smoker.