Gathering in Myrtle Beach in August

kh440 said:
was wondering if it's quicker to go from Wilmington or 40 to 95 to 501. Been at least 20 years since I've been there....

From Chapel Hill---it is definately better to get on i-95 and head south then find 501 and head to MB.Wilmington would be way out of the way.

Geoff

Hey Ghall we should meet, if your goin to myrtle I'll see you there if not lemme know when I have most fri and sats off

So K are ya coming?? The new addition can go with us and swim, play miniature golf, ride bumper cars, etc... :cool:

You have to be 25 to book a room there. I am only 24, so i am going to try to dig someone up to come with me and maybe they can book the room. If not, anybody know what is next door to that place?

So far its me, Rhino, and SloGN in a room. Slider, You gotta stay at the same hotel. Get a family member to sign it for you. I'll sign for ya just put it on your card. We'll see when we get there if you can't find someone.

sydwyndr said:
So far its me, Rhino, and SloGN in a room. Slider, You gotta stay at the same hotel. Get a family member to sign it for you. I'll sign for ya just put it on your card. We'll see when we get there if you can't find someone.

OOPS! Meant to quote slider, but anyway.......

At the risk of sounding like an "indecent proposal" I could probably switch to a 2 room suite if that helps. I don't smoke, sleepwalk, snore or fart excessively. I'm also 39 and physically repugnant, so you would be safe........

Thanks for the offers, but I dug up one of the guys from HPJ to go with me and he is 25, so unless he cancels on me, i should be good. Suppose its good I am back to being single again and can dig up random boys to spend the night with. ;) Might have one of the SC boys bunking with me too. And looking like I will be coming down on Friday night now as well, probably be in around 9pm. Now that we have the hotel set, any ideas on what we are doing when we get there? Guessing the SC F Body folks would be up for dinner anywhere, so up to us tourists to see where we want to go. And are we hitting up bars or clubs while we are there or something a little more tame? Just wondering if i need to pack my short skirt or not. :)

slider252 said:
And are we hitting up bars or clubs while we are there or something a little more tame? Just wondering if i need to pack my short skirt or not. :)

I am not and don't care anything about that. Now you can wear a short skirt, I won't mind.

slider252 said:
Thanks for the offers, but I dug up one of the guys from HPJ to go with me and he is 25, so unless he cancels on me, i should be good. Suppose its good I am back to being single again and can dig up random boys to spend the night with. ;) Might have one of the SC boys bunking with me too. And looking like I will be coming down on Friday night now as well, probably be in around 9pm. Now that we have the hotel set, any ideas on what we are doing when we get there? Guessing the SC F Body folks would be up for dinner anywhere, so up to us tourists to see where we want to go. And are we hitting up bars or clubs while we are there or something a little more tame? Just wondering if i need to pack my short skirt or not. :)

No problem, I wouldn't want to spend the weekend with me either if I could help it. As far as the itenerary once we get there that's still up in the air.(may throw the golf clubs in the trunk, who knows..) I too have been recently liberated, but I didn't do the club scene very well when I was in my 20's and have no reason to think I would be any more successful now.

I don't do the club scene at all, but have been known to hit a few bars here and there, although i am a cheap drunk, so doesn't take much, just trying to figure out how to pack. :)
And I like Geoff's suggestion for Broadway at the Beach, lots of good restaurants to pick from and a few other things floating around. Went to Liberty Steakhouse when i was there last time and it seemed pretty good.
www.broadwayatthebeach.com
Could just find a spot to meet up with the SC Boys and decide on a dinner place when we all get there. Unless you all have a spot you want to go to on Saturday night. Just a thought. :)

slider252 I don't do the club scene at all, but have been known to hit a few bars here and there, although i am a cheap drunk, so doesn't take much, just trying to figure out how to pack.

I'm just the opposite: not cheap, but easy.... ;)

But seriously folks, there's plenty o ftime to figure out who's doing what, but do we have an accurate body count yet? So far it sounds like 6 or 7 with a few more local folks???

Me and my friend, 1 SC guy and 1 SC girl with her husband are getting hotel rooms, 2 or 3 of the other SC people have posted up that they might come out for dinner on Saturday,with the possiblity of a few more.

As long as wee can keep the Harrisburg/Charlotte crowd away :biggrin: we should be fine. Looks like it is stacking up to be a nice time.

Gonna be a good time, I'm up for whatever although golfs not my thing....... Any one else in their low 20's

24 here, bringing along my friend who is 25, and one of the SC boys is 22, the SC chick and her man are in there 20s. Definitely need to hit a bar or something at least one night.