Gbodyparts headliner

I have e-mails and phone calls I can list if you like. I'm being very patient because I understand the circumstances. Just want to make things correct for myself and others that expect the same; right is right. I only started this thread when I got the feeling when I called them that someone was p**sing on my head and trying to convince me it was rain; no it was not Brian either. Brian has responded and I believe he will make sure this is addressed.
Here are the comparison pics of the materials I was talking about. Little piece is the Acme sample #1810, guess which is the original and which is the material on my new headliner. Bashing??:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Pic008.jpg
    Pic008.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 312
I only started this thread when I got the feeling when I called them that someone was p**sing on my head and trying to convince me it was rain; no it was not Brian either. Brian has responded and I believe he will make sure this is addressed.
Exactly!! I'm sure he WILL take care of you and the color issue. Just like he does with everyone and just like ALL of the other vendors here. We DO take care of our customers! It makes a WORLD of differance in talking to the owner before getting bent up!! ;)

I'm done here...

Good luck,

It shouldn't take talking to the owner of ANY business for a customer to be taken care of. The employees are a direct representation of the owner, if there is a problem, they should take care of it. If a discussion with the owner is in order...THERE IS OBVIOUSLY AN ISSUE!! In which case, airing it out in public can be helpful and beneficial to the customer. Of course the business isn't going to be happy about it, but it never should have gotten to that point.

Completely appropriate thread.

It shouldn't take talking to the owner of ANY business for a customer to be taken care of. The employees are a direct representation of the owner, if there is a problem, they should take care of it. If a discussion with the owner is in order...THERE IS OBVIOUSLY AN ISSUE!! In which case, airing it out in public can be helpful and beneficial to the customer. Of course the business isn't going to be happy about it, but it never should have gotten to that point.

2X

I concur and exactly how i feel as well!

I'm not sure how big alot of the buick vendors are but most of them are small family owned and without managers and all, Just some employees..

When you call or take something back to Wal-Mart, Lowes do you just walk in and speak to any employee? NO! If you did, Where do they direct you to? They send you to customer service or you ask for a manager to solve your issue!! But the Buick vendors aren't so big as to have customer service or managers..

When you call or take something back to a small family owned buisness and just a simple employee answers the phone or is there to help you. How manny times do they get someone else to help you with your issue? 9 out of 10!! 95% of the time a regular employee don't know what the proper thing to do in order to solve ones issue, Maybe it's because they don't want to make the Wrong decision and get yelled at by the owner but seldom do they just solve issues by themselves.

Even if you were to call us with a issue and you first speak to my wife, She will still confide in me on what to do OR put me on the line to assist you.. REGAURDLESS your issue would be solved!!

I'm not sure how big alot of the buick vendors are but most of them are small family owned and without managers and all, Just some employees..

When you call or take something back to Wal-Mart, Lowes do you just walk in and speak to any employee? If you did, Where do they direct you to? They send you to customer service or you ask for a manager to solve your issue!! But the Buick vendors aren't so big as to have customer service or managers..

When you call or take something back to a small family owned buisness and just a simple employee answers the phone or is there to help you. How manny times do they get someone else to help you with your issue? 9 out of 10!! 95% of the time a regular employee don't know what the proper thing to do in order to solve ones issue, Maybe it's because they don't want to make the Wrong decision and get yelled at by the owner but seldom do they just solve issues by themselves.

Even if you were to call us with a issue and you first speak to my wife, She will still confide in me on what to do OR put me on the line to assist you.. REGAURDLESS your issue would be solved!!

The issue here has been solved! why not let it pass....

SW.

You didn't have to tell me twice!!! lol

Actually, being a small business is specifically what I was referring too. And it is perfectly correct for a regular empolyee to direct a customer to a manager/owner. However, when they choose not to and attempt to resolve the issue themselves (as in this case) is where my statement holds true.

You didn't have to tell me twice!!! lol

Actually, being a small business is specifically what I was referring too. And it is perfectly correct for a regular empolyee to direct a customer to a manager/owner. However, when they choose not to and attempt to resolve the issue themselves (as in this case) is where my statement holds true.
LOL I Didn't mean to tell you twice!! LOL

And YES, I agree with you on this one! They shouldn't try themselves because this is a Perfect result of what happens. Point Being- Talk to the source to Make sure he's aware of the problem..

Iv'e had ALOT of stuff come in the mail that wasn't right and I always make sure I speak to the one that counts before ever going public. Just last year I received a set of dew sweeps in the mail that were drop shipped from somewhere else. When I opened the box there were 2 drivers sweeps all bent up! :eek: Well I called the company I got an Employee and asked for the boss/owner- (wasn't there). Called back asked again this time I talked to him, He said sorry and a whole new set arrived in great condition. I could have came here after the short first phone call and put up (thumbs down) to this company but hey, It wasn't there fault and after a couple calls to get the Boss/owner everything was solved. Just that easy!

BUT! If I do talk to the Boss/Owner and we do not come to a solution then here we will be and we can take things from this point forward..

There is Nothing wrong with posting negative feedback. My tif is when it's just "Premature" meaning not giving the Boss/Owner a good chance to solve it. If you take the time to notice here lately there has been negative posts put up without phone calls, without customers talking to the one that matters and all of a sudden the companys name has a thumb down and the owner never had a chance to solve it! Once here he/she finally see's it and BOOM it's solved! Not because this is the place that gets them solved but because this is usually the first he/she hears or see's the issue..

Thats all... :)

Good point. Me, I prefer going to the HMFIC.

And for those of you that don't know what that acronym is, you haven't spent any time in the military. ;) ;)

Don't like the indication I didn't talk to the boss first and "prematurly" posted this. I had communication with both Brian and Eric (see attached email below). I told Brian I would handle this with Eric in another email after I found out about Brian's loss and figured that he represented his company. Want to see that too??
You don't have all the information and facts about this Scot. I personally don't open my mouth unless I do. As you said in your own posting, "The issue here has been solved! why not let it pass...."
I don't need nor want any of your lessons on how things work. I've been in the automotive business for at least 22 years and have dealt with all of the 'previously known as' big three manufacturers plus numerous suppliers. Have tried to ignore you for the most part but your condesending attitude tells me all I and anyone else need to know about your business. Sounds like you think customers are all idiots.

THATS ALL... :smile:

-----------------------------------------------------
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2009 8:03 AM
To: asauve@chartermi.net
Subject: Re: headliner
Size: 6 KB

I haven't ordered an ox gray in 5 years & that was drop shipped. Medium gray is all we stock which is the closest the factory sells.
I do not have any non illuminated plain mirrored units in stock.

Thanks,
Brian Weaver

GBodyParts.com
343 NC 42 West
Ahoskie NC 27910
(252) 332-8787 GBodyParts.com Online
Fax (252) 332-8087

In a message dated 5/30/2009 1:58:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, asauve@chartermi.net writes:
Brian,

I recently bought a headliner from you and want to make sure I have the correct color before I install it. I have an 86 T-type with the med gray interior (code 82) which should be the same as the GN. However, the headliner color is lighter than my original which is more of a blue-gray color. I recently ran across a color chart of the old GM interior colors and it shows the ox grey which is lighter when compared along side the med dark gray. So in other words I want to make sure I didn't receive the ox gray by accident. Are the colors listed on the headliner ABS board somewhere?
Also, have you had any issues with using the same thickness material on the moonroof slider board? Confirmed that GM originally used a thinner material on the slider and I don't want the new material to wear out prematurely because of increased interference.
One more. Do you carry the visors with the non-lighted passenger side vanity mirror? If so, how much for a recovered set?

Don't like the indication I didn't talk to the boss first and "prematurly" posted this. I had communication with both Brian and Eric (see attached email below). I told Brian I would handle this with Eric in another email after I found out about Brian's loss and figured that he represented his company. Want to see that too??
You don't have all the information and facts about this Scot. I personally don't open my mouth unless I do. As you said in your own posting, "The issue here has been solved! why not let it pass...."
I don't need nor want any of your lessons on how things work. I've been in the automotive business for at least 22 years and have dealt with all of the 'previously known as' big three manufacturers plus numerous suppliers. Have tried to ignore you for the most part but your condesending attitude tells me all I and anyone else need to know about your business. Sounds like you think customers are all idiots.

THATS ALL... :smile:

First of all if you know ANYTHING about my buisness it is that I take care of my customers!! (Key letter "I") The last returns that I had to do NEVER COSTED THE CUSTOMER A SINGLE PENNY!! ;) And NEVER costed ANY customer a single penny on a return.... :biggrin: ANYONE who knows me and has met me knows I will bend backwards to help someone out, Including you if you needed it... ;)

SECONDLY: I don't think ANYONE are idiots like you say.. I think some jump the gun too quick!!!. Thats what I meant! NOT that anyone are idiots.. :rolleyes:

DONE...

just here to chime in. when i sent my trans off to hofer i had not talked to him about matching up a converter. i talked with brian to get a nice 3k stall 12" converter... well i talked to hofer a few days later and he was not comfortable with putting a 12" on the trans he was building for me... i called brian up and told him the situation, he tried to get UPS to halt the order but it was already on the truck for delivery.

he sent me a pickup sticker and shceduled a stop for UPS to pick that hoe up and shipped out my 10" before he even had his 12" back in stock.

he went out of his way and put $500 on the line for a pain in the ass customer

Wrong brian dude. This is brian weaver with Gbody parts
no, i'm not.

i'm talking about brian weaver from gbody parts. i bought a converter from him to go with the brian hofer trans i had built.

bweavy took care of me.

no, i'm not.

i'm talking about brian weaver from gbody parts. i bought a converter from him to go with the brian hofer trans i had built.

bweavy took care of me.

Gotcha my bad :D . Just too many Brians..LOL Glad he took care of you though.