Get Together at Farmington Motorsports Park on June 26

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
The nice folks at Farmington are putting on a Buick/Olds/Pontiac event on Sunday, June 26. We all need to support their efforts if we want them to continue to think about us. I plan to attend. You don't have to run your car if you don't want to. We can all park together and have a really good time.

See you there.

Conrad Carter
Albemarle, NC
704-467-1310 (cell)

I'll be there...

Hopefully with a few cars out of the stable...;) I guess we'll run in the 7.50 and quicker pro-tree heads up class. :confused:

K.

Nope

Originally posted by sydwyndr

Of course the next actual buick get together will be on June 26th at Farmington Motorsports Park. I have talked with a few people and have decided to come up with 2 "unique" classes. 1st is a turbo regal only 8.99 bracket race. It will be on a pro tree and the breakout is 8.99 which means no matter how fast your car is you can't run faster than 8.99 or you lose. Thats simple enough huh. 2nd is called "TAG TEAM" and is open to any street car, this is the cool one: 2 drivers are in the car, you leave the starting line and stop the car at the 60ft clocks, then the 2 people get out of the car and run around it, driver then becomes the passanger and passanger then becomes the driver, thus completing the run. This is a Dial-In class. The fastest thing in the class will most likely be somewhere in the 15 second range. This is a very fun class. Hope to see ya there.;) ;) ;)

8.99 class?? I guess what you need to have done is not put any compound on the track and we'll run street tires to see who can do a 660 ft. burnout with the 8.99 rule.

K.

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
8.99 class?? I guess what you need to have done is not put any compound on the track and we'll run street tires to see who can do a 660 ft. burnout with the 8.99 rule.

K.

Maybe your buddy in the H-D truck can entertain us again with an 1/8 mile burnout--that was :cool: :cool: :cool:

I will be there!

How bout indychris--haven't heard from him in a bit?

Geoff

Are those the only 2 classes Clint? An 8.99 index and tag-team? :confused:

How about a str8 bracket race at least..

Sully

Yep

There will be 5 classes:

Footbrake gamblers no electronics
Top eliminator with electronics
Test N Tune
8.99 Turbo regal class
Tag-Team

Sully,
Are you going to Piedmont Sunday?
Conrad

I may bring my dad's car if all goes well when we T&T thur night at Farm. I think that place is a pretty long haul from me but not sure.

Sully

Originally posted by sydwyndr
You coming up the nite before or the day of??

If you come the nite before the local guys can get together in greensboro and meet up for a cruise on Saturday.

BTW. You coming to Piedmont this weekend??

I won't be able to make it up there until the day of the event--have a family function on saturday that prevents me from leaving early.I will not be at piedmont either this weekend.My weekends for the next month or so are booked up.

K.------Hope he gets them swapped soon and gets back runnin.

Geoff

I will be there with my truck if I have the trans fixed by then. If not I'll be there anyway. I'll be the one with a beer in my hand.

8.99 bracket

There is not a turbo regal out there that comes to this race on Sunday that shouldn't be able to run the 8.99 bracket. So all cars should enter. Its only $10 to get into the gate and free to run test-n-tune, 8.99 regal, and tag team. So see you all there ;) . Weather is lookin' good at this point for the weekend. Later all... :cool:

sydwyndr said:
There is not a turbo regal out there that comes to this race on Sunday that shouldn't be able to run the 8.99 bracket.

Are you sure? I am not 100% sure I can turn the boost down enough to run 8.99 :D

I'll be there. No flambaye this time I hope.

S.

V6 Beast said:
I'll be there. No flambaye this time I hope. S.

:( Was kinda hoping you wouldn't say that. Do you have any pics that you would want to post of the X??