GN Brett - was that you on the news today?

You don't want to do a ride along in Bilgeport. :eek: :p

However it was a great city about 100 years ago. :cool:

Brett, can I come for a ride along with you? Can I carry?:biggrin:
Anytime Shane..... bring ur assault rifle.:D From what I am told it WAS a nice place back in the 50' and 60's. Its one big chithole now.

the boy was only 22month old he was pretending to mowethe back yard with his plastic mower, sad

Sad news about the child drowning, it only takes a second for tragedy to strike! My prayers go out to the family who forever have to live with this. Brett, it's good to see your still with us brother!!! :cool: On another note, in defense of Bridgeport, not everyone that lives here is bad news, I live here and I consider myself a pretty decent person! :(

I wonder why they dont use bulletproof windshields in cop cars? :confused:
Too hard to see out of for one. We have about 90 Chargers. The cost would be astronomical! The Charger windshield is very slanted. It would have to be almost straight up and down like in an armored money truck. Just would not work with the Charger.

They do have bullet resistant inserts for the door tho that are reasonably priced. Our city is broke tho. Im happy to have cars that dont have holes in the floor boards any longer and ones that actually have working AC and heat:rolleyes:

With two little kids, it breaks my heart every time I hear a story like this and most of the time it seems to be preventable.

Glad you're not filled with holes Brett.:smile:

Me too. My question, Did they fill the bad guy full of lead?

stupid internet, deleted my post.

very sad news for sure.

anyways, you think your department is cheap. Atleast you guys are getting new cars. last i heard we had 2 test chargers out in the field. One of them is a K9 unit. Also recall them saying if we did get the charger we would get the V6 model :eek: Anyways Stay Safe out there.

stupid internet, deleted my post.

very sad news for sure.

anyways, you think your department is cheap. Atleast you guys are getting new cars. last i heard we had 2 test chargers out in the field. One of them is a K9 unit. Also recall them saying if we did get the charger we would get the V6 model :eek: Anyways Stay Safe out there.

Man that is just INSANE....cop cars with v6's?:confused: (turbo v6...allright), With a Hemi available it only makes sense to use a kick butt engine.

Brett, and the rest of you LE folks everyday having to deal with low lifes and horrible accidents everyday, while being shot at must wear you down. I know it can be rewarding at times, but still............

I have alot of buddies that are LE and they have great stories. Me.....Wanna hear about how a rivet goes into an airplane? Wanna hear about ""joe" tripping off the airstairs? At least no one is shooting holes in my car. We did have a bank robber run through our factory once though, but alas, I was off that day.:)

Thanks all that do nasty work of "trying" to rid the rest of us of the knuckleheads. (then having nutty judges/lawyers setting them free.):mad:

I see the shoot went into the dash glad nobody got hurt.Do they have the fire extinguisher system for them crown vics. I see alot of chargers because of the crown vics problem with the gas tanks

no, no fire extinguishers. im not even sure if they are an option from Dodge or not. I know the crown vic was available with a built if fire extinguisher system but our cars never had it.

we normally had the worst cars anywhere. they kept our old cars till they died. the 2011 are really nice tho. we have over 60 2007's and 20 2010's so I dont see them going to anything different in my career that is.

its actually quite amazing that we now have the best police cars around. they absolutely TRUMP the crown victoria.

the crown vic did have some gas tank issues but not with the newer ones. im not sure if the chargers have that issue. havent read any bulletins but the crown vic does take a t-bone collision much better then the charger. that was a 2007 I seen crushed like that so I dont know if the 2010 or 11's have a more rigid frame. I hope so