Gn owns an 03 cobra....

Posted: 6/8/2003 10:10pm
_Re: 0wn3d By Black Grand Nation with License Plate: TOP GUN

If it took him til the end of second gear to pass you, he was idling.

Hehe even their own are ragging him :):D

Originally posted by stroked347
Woohoo a 9 second Gn beating an 03 Cobra, good stuff:rolleyes:

It is good stuff. :D From reading the thread the 03 slobra started it, so he got what was coming to him. Anything goes on the street, so if you going to come out looking for trouble, expect it to find you.;) :eek:

Reminds me of an old addage : Know your enemy.

Woohoo a 9 second Gn beating an 03 Cobra, good stuff:rolleyes:

A V-6 with a blower vs a V-8 with a blower, I don't see a problem here. Maybe someone isn't doing their homework.:D

Oh yeah it's just a stock GN block nothing fancy like that big mod motor he is running.

Woohoo a 9 second Gn beating an 03 Cobra, good stuff :rolleyes:

The Guy in the cobra is the one posting the kill story. I'm guessing he didn't know it was a 9 second GN when he raced it. It's hard to tell sometimes. There is a lesson here for all of us.

Hey I just had a thought..... Nitrous Pete's 9 second '03 Cobra against Dave's 9 second stock block GN.... That would be one helluva good race!!! V8 with two poweradders (SC and spray) against V6 with one poweradder (the almighty turbo) and both are stock blocks..... In my best Mills Lane voice "Let's get it on!":D ;) :cool:

BTW, I wonder how Pete would do with just one poweradder (the KB twinscrew SC) against Dave considering he ran 9's with the spray, so it might not be a 9 second car without it??

There are other cars out there. I believe there have already been 9-second '03's on the blower only. Heck, Pete was running low-10's one night when I was at Atco about 2 months ago.
S.

Originally posted by Snorman
There are other cars out there. I believe there have already been 9-second '03's on the blower only.

I haven't heard of any yet but if you say so.......

haha that is a great story...i bet that guy was like HOLY F@CK!

the all black car strikes again:cool:

86 Brick, a stock block and a stock long block are 2 totally different things. The nitrous is more an intecooler than a power-adder but yes its still a power adder. Lastly, TopGun so what if you raced a 7 second 4 cylinder? I guess YOU didnt do your homework? SPEED COSTS, HOW FAST YOU WANNA GO?

86 Brick, a stock block and a stock long block are 2 totally different things.

You are correct just as a V6 and a V8 are 2 totally different things (those 2 extra cylinders make a huge difference)...... As far as the nitrous being an intercooler I don't see how it is because last I checked the Cobra has an intercooler from the factory so it is another poweradder plain and simple! As far as your comments to Dave (top gun) a 7 second 4 cylinder motor won't be streetable like his V6 (you will NEVER see a 7 second 4 cylinder car on the street) so there is a huge difference IMO but go ahead and continue to defend your Mustangs and '03 Cobras..... Bottom line is the '03 Cobra got beat and the guy who owned the Cobra didn't mind losing to Dave (that's why he posted it on that forum) so why should you?

Lastly, TopGun so what if you raced a 7 second 4 cylinder? I guess YOU didnt do your homework?

:rolleyes: ...You mustang guys are funny, always looking for an angle to defend your point, when you have no point to begin with. Why not just compare a funny car to a street car, at the rate you are going, that would not be to far off.:rolleyes: The slobra got walked, and that's it.

Next, drive through please.;)