Gnx 059

That was the GNX that Heath Elmer modded.It was in Popular Hotrodding in early 05 and then it was on Ebay shortly after.I copied the picture and the description from the auction.;) I have no idea where the car ended up but it is awesome.
50_3.jpg

Here is the ebay listing:

Buick : Grand National GNX
1987 Buick GNX 059, 24k original miles/ Grand National

Vehicle Description

NO RESERVE

1987 Buick GNX w/24k documented miles, 059 of 547 produced. This is one of the nicest GNX's your ever going to see. Read and view the following information and you will certainly agree! Im not going to explain GNX history because if your looking for one you already know its one of the coolest cars on the planet! This car has just undergone a 6 month restoration and has only test miles on it. It was just feature photographed for a July 05 car magazine and I will only disclose which one to the new owner so don't ask.

First a quick introduction. My name is Heath Elmer, I own and built this car. I've built several high end Buicks, Porsches and other race and show cars that have been featured in magazines and shows over the years. To make this short, I build extremely nice cars. I use the best parts available in all of my projects and I build my cars to drive, race, show & win.

Some of my other cars can be seen in past issues of:

Car Craft Dec. 97 (Real Street Eliminator) 2nd place, 1987 Turbo T

GM High Tech May 2000 (Sledge Hammer) cover car, GS Nats 1st place show winner, 1986 T

GM High Tech Nov 2001 (G-whiz) cover car, 1987 Turbo T Black/Silver

Popular Hot Rodding Aug. 2004 (Her Pretty Pony) FF Weekend best of show & Goodguys winner, 1969 Mustang Fastback

If you have any questions about this car please call me (602 *** ####) or email me, but please read the following first.

Here are some answers to questions you may have:

Yes, it has a clean car fax

Yes, the mileage is true

Yes, it was professionally repainted 3 months ago

Yes, I have both window stickers, GNX book, jacket, service bulletins, warranty cards, broadcast sheet, all paperwork and 90% of the original parts

No, there are no scratches, no dings, no dents, no chips, NONE!

No, it has never been in an accident

No, never any rust

No leaks

AC is cold, Heat is hot and all pwr accessories work as new

Wheels. They're hand built Simmons FR17" Forged 3 piece custom wheels built for the car. No, I do not have the orig wheels.

Front-17x8.5 Simmons FR 3 piece, Nitto 555R 245/45/17

Rear- 17x9.5 Simmons FR 3 piece, Nitto 555R 285/40/17

This wheel & tire package retails for $3500.

It is lowered. It was done with 2" drop spindles and Eibach Pro Kit progressive rate springs.

The engine and suspension are clean enough to eat off.

Suspension & chassis mods

Bell Tech 2" drop spindles

Eibach Pro Kit

Hotchkis front swaybar

Hotchkis lower RCAs

GNX suspension

Koni adjustable SPA1 shocks

Eaton posi

Moser axles

stock 3.42 gear

fresh synthetic gear lube

new axle seals

Brakes. Baer Racing This is the same kit I use on all my projects.

Front- Baer 13" track kit with 2 piece rotors, slotted, drilled and zinced . PBR 2 piston calipers

Rear- Baer 12" touring kit with 2 piece rotors, slotted, drilled and zinced. PBR calipers

Baer proporting valve

* This kit retails for $3000

Paint. IT HAS NEVER BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT, NO STORIES HERE! It had some minor door dings and chips in the orig paint and I'm very picky. I went to great lengths so that the paint was better than new. It was dis-assembled prior to paint. I also removed the nasty looking rock guard and straightened the door bottoms and rockers. GM put this crap on to cover up how bad these cars looked on the bottom. The paint job was professionally done in base/clear. I've built 11 Turbo Regals and a TTA, I know what I'm doing and how they go back together. The paint job cost me $5000. and I did all the R & R. I have pictures of it before it was painted and while it was apart that go with the car.

The bumpers have been smoothed (I removed the bump strip and guards) for a cleaner look, I dislike the stock trim on the bumpers and its easier to clean without it. THIS CAR HAS NEVER BEEN CRASHED. Stock ones are easily found if you choose to change them back. They are not specific to a GNX. The original aluminum inserts are still there. Included in the sale are the bumper parts I removed. You could drill the holes back in them and put the trim back on easily.

Interior is 100% stock and 99% flawless, no spots or stains, never smoked in, the clear wrappers are still on the dash pieces. It has new floor mats and a 9 piece trunk kit. I changed the boost gauge in the dash to an Autometer that had a 30lb boost reading. I do have the guage I took out. The 1% is the plastic dash top has a 1/4" crack on each side by the speakers (they all crack and new ones are available for about 100 bucks) Also theres a new Scanmaster 2.1 tuning tool.

Exhaust is upgraded from 2 1/4" to 2 1/2". Its mandrel bent aluminized duals with ATR stainless steel mufflers and a Terry Houston 3" dp. The headers and DP have been HPC coated. This stuff was over $1000.

The Engine. Why was the engine opened up? It popped a head gasket and had a leaky freeze plug in the back of the block from sitting in storage and since it was out of the car we changed the cam, ported the heads & intake, re-ringed it and put new bearings in it. The engine was professionally done by Joe Martin Racing Engines in Tempe, Arizona his # is 602 451 5776

Drivetrain mods are:

Stock 231 block, crank, pistons and rods

fresh bearings and rings

oil pressure improvements

Comp Cams 218/218 hyd flat tappet

Comp Cams hyd lifters

Comp Cams valve springs

roller timing chain

1.65 roller rockers

ported iron heads w/stock valves

ARP head bolts

RJC billet crank pulley

polished GN1 valve covers

K&N breathers

ported intake

Kenne Bell 70mm throttle body

Kenne Bell upper

RJC torque plate

Kenne Bell billet regulator

HPC coated intake, headers, and DP

Terry Houston 3" DP

adjustable wastegate

new Delco O2 sensor

new Delco battery

fuel line orings

fuel injector harness

50# injectors

Red volt booster

8.5 mm wires

Walbro 340 intank pump

60-1 Turbo HPC coated and polished

Precision front mount intercooler

polished intercooler tubes

HD hoses and clamps

Precision Turbo saver

Kirban 2 1/2' exhaust

ATR SS mufflers

Air Aid 9" cone filter

Kenne Bell hood mounted fuel pressure gauge

Autometer in dash boost guage 30psi

160 thermostat

billet thermostat housing

new radiator core

new radiator hoses

new heater hoses

new accumulator

*all totaling around $7500.

Transmission. It was rebuilt @ 17k miles long before I bought the car. The converter is a 12" 2800 stall.

Only minor changes have been made to improve the performance and looks of an already awesome car and all of them can be put back to stock without much effort if you desire. I do have the following parts that are included in the sale:

*GNX inlet pipe

*DP & elbow

*stock cat.

*valve covers

*rockers

*crank pulley and fan

*throttle body & plenum

*air box

*inlet hose

*front brakes

*rear brakes

*misc breather parts

*spindles

*springs

*boost gauge

*non GNX intercooler

*intercooler brackets

*inlet bell

*trans cooler

*orig bumper parts

I have a friend who has a GNX turbo but it would have to be purchased through him, it would not be included with this car. I've described it the best I can, if you have a question please ask.

This is the nicest Pro Tour GNX on the planet. If you've been waiting for the right car here it is. Only 547 of these cars were ever built and only in 1987. It looks, runs and drives better than you can even imagine. I can email more pictures if you want to see something just let me know. It is available for viewing any time and I do reserve the right to end the auction early.

"Be one of the fortunate 547"

It was for sale on Autotrader.com in Sept. '02 for $44,995. That ad said mileage at the time was 19,470 & that it was a two owner car. Below is a Sept. '03 CarFax report which seems to agree with the Autotrader ad.

Attachments

• x4.jpg
    x4.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 15,773
I think that was originally Bill Phillis' car. I looked at it when the FBI auctioned it off here in omaha.

I beleive it was about $21000 , it was missing a lot of orig equipment due to being a drag car most of its life. I ran into the guy that bought it this past august, He said he had sold it to someone in arizona I beleive & I think he said he got $40,000 for it. HTH

GNX on EBAY

Has anyone else noticed that the GNX on ebay now with 25000 miles has the same pictures as the one listed last week that didn't sell. It was # 075. The car on ebay now does not show the car #.

Thanks
bruce

I own GNX 059

I own the car and it is in Hattiesburg, Mississippi and has been here since I bought it from Heath Elmer in the summer of 2005. It is running only 60% boost and pulls 412hp at the rear tires (dyno at JMS Mustang Tuners here in Mississippi). I do not drag the car or race it at all. My partner has several modified high-end cars that include an 04 twin turbo Viper, 05 twin Ford-GT, 07 GT-500 (744hp at the tires, just can't keep the tires to stick oh, sorry to all of the Shelby purists).
It is currently on ehay. As far as the pictures, I used the pictures I had on the GNX regisrty's site and a couple from the garage. My camera is crap, as you can see by the picts from inside the building. Unfortunately, the web link picts are too small and kind of ruined the auction.
The car looks as nice as when I received it from Heath, but it runs much better than when I first got it, it could have been the Arizona climate vs the Mississippi humidity, regardless, the car is fantastic and I could use the money, but I would also like to keep the car and move something else.

Thank you all for the comments and interest.