GNX #234 @ Harrisburg, Pa Mecum

stage1gn

Mecum is now getting closer to us on the East Coast,starting one in Harrisburg,Pa now.I will be going as I have always wanted to go see one of those bigger auctions live to see how they work,the cars in person,and just for the fun.
I just checked the auction list as it has been getting bigger as we get closer to the date,and noticed a GNX there now,not a big write up on it,other than stating the motor was just freshened up less than 300 miles.That raised my curiousity,and when I pulled up the pics and enlarge them to se the dash number,it is 234.Which most of us here know about,seeing it for sale here last year.
NTM,I saw that it is online in Pa @ L.R.A Enterprises with bunch of pics and info,and a price tag of $72,995.Quite a bit more than when it was offered here.
So,will be interesting as I now can see it in person,and be there live to see what the auction holds for it.

Car sold in the mid $30k range in MD last year, went to NJ for a couple weeks then sold again. Doubt it's going to get near $70k.

Yes,watched it here for sale last year,took awhile to sell mid $30's at that !!!!! Truly believe that is about the value of the car.It appears they spruced it up with a new carpet/seat covers from what I remember.I could see the car selling for the mid/upper $30's,IMO,the $72,995 is way off,you are in the territory of mint orig paint +/- 5k mile X's at that price.
In hindsight,I probably should have went and looked at it @ the $35k when it was on here.At first I wanted to eventually get a low mile X,but after having a low mile GN now,I see it would be hard for me to use it,hence all the low mile X's out there,where #234 would have been great to not care about and go enjoy life with it !!!!!

Well,just got back from Harrisburg,Pa Mecum.It was packed !!!!! Talked to a few staff members for Mecum,they said this was an excellent turnout for their first one there,and some commented on there was more in attendance than their other auctions they put on around the country.
Now that I got to see 234 in person,as expected,and said previously,at $35k when it was here was a good deal.Now that it has changed hands a few times for profit,and some evident work has been put into it,don't see it selling anytime soon.From the pics when was here,looks to have a new carpet,seat covers,upper door panels,and newly re-covered steering wheel.Oh,new stainless steel exhaust,and stripped the coating off the wheels and polished them.
I heard the car run,it sounded normal/fine.
To most peoples eyes they might not see what I see in the body/paint on the car,but will just say I would be tearing it apart to do the entire car over.
The current owner,a classic car dealer,probably thought "homerun" buying a real GNX,sprucing it up a bit,and then flip for major profit,which is understandable,thats what they are in business to do(all of them),but I think they picked a car that they did not realize a knowledgable base of people/followers track these things and know what to look for.
NTM,their price now is well above orig paint/way lower mile X's.
IMO,I think they are going to have to finaly sell it for right around what they paid/have into it.Even worse,now they have accumulated extra costs by bringing it to Mecum,transportation,entry fees,etc.
When I was out in the staging lanes after it went across,and was looking at it again,the owner came up and closed the hood and asked if I wanted to buy it,rather than get into a big discussion,I just said no.Asked him if he was taking back to the dealership,he said yes,so no offers from the Bid Goes On tent.

Bidding stopped at $53K..... So someone was willing to pay about $58K for it with buyers premium....

so all you who said 30's to 40, what you thinking now?
GNX's will bring good money, and if you feel they are only worth 30=40's
that is why you will never own one.
dream on., and wish,

so all you who said 30's to 40, what you thinking now?
GNX's will bring good money, and if you feel they are only worth 30=40's
that is why you will never own one.
dream on., and wish,

I guess you're missing the fact that it sold for mid 30's just last year huh?

And let me add,so you see it went to $53k right,no,that couldn't been a shil bid in the audience,just like you can do on Ebay right ?Not saying it was,but it is possible and unless it hit the reserve,you will never know.The seller could have have placed help out there to bring it right to his reserve.At $53k he should take the money and run.When it was put here at $39k,nobody touched it,then $38k,then right to $35k,finally someone bought it.
And as I said before,now that I have seen it in person,I would have only paid $35k for it,...tops !!!!! I do body/paint and not to crap on anyone,but unless you're blind to nice paint/bodywork, it would be a car that I would have to strip down and do over and make it nice.
Now at that,$35-40k,then parts/paint/materials,and most of all,my time,I'd be buying the 10k mile car Kirban is selling first for $55k.They are out there with 10k-20k miles for $50-$60k.

I guess you're missing the fact that it sold for mid 30's just last year huh?
I am very aware of what it was priced at last year, I seriously considered buying it,
but didn't need 2 GNX's ,
at $35k it was a steal, and IT was the only chance many of you would be able to afford a GNX,
I prefer a driver type car, I have and have had , my share of garage queens, what fun are they?
I have had more fun , and enjoyed them more, before they were painted, or restored,
I'll take a driver any day over a garage queen!

I am very aware of what it was priced at last year, I seriously considered buying it,
at $35k it was a steal, and IT was the only chance many of you would be able to afford a GNX,
I prefer a driver type car, I have and have had , my share of garage queens, what fun are they?
I have had more fun , and enjoyed them more, before they were painted, or restored,

I pointed out that cars in that price range have existed and will in the future also. Many of you? Your last two posts are somewhat condescending wouldn't you say?

It's a GNX, not a Bugatti.