GNX rear suspension good for handleing? &

the 60' time of 1.72 ive done with bfg t/a 265-50-15s with about 19 lbs of air and approx 3/32 tread left in the middle. Gene Westbrook has done 1.5? on slicks with a 20lb transbrake launch at Piedmomt dragway and one of the members here ---Matt has the video link some where.I think its buicksofburlington or something like that.However you can achieve that with out gnx suspension though.It damn near makes poor street tires act like drag radials .Under boost it pre-loads the suspension by lifting the car thus pushing the rear end down and planting the tires.

Buddy Cox had a real GNX and I seem to remember a story about him breaking either the ladder or the rear cover on his car when he started turning the wick up on his car.
Under boost it pre-loads the suspension by lifting the car thus pushing the rear end down and planting the tires.
SSM (South Side Machine) bars do the samething.
It is probably a nice set up for a mild street car, but many of the high powered 10 second or faster cars would probably better off with modified stock 4 links. Glad that you are happy with you set up. I would hope so after spending that much $$$

:(

Unfortunately , I have to agree with GNVAIR (Lee) the cost is my biggest hurdle.

When I start on the new frame, I want it to be right and not have to go back in and do it over, I want it to be a time deal.

The front weight with the 455 I totaly forgot about:rolleyes: , so I will be checking on the MC boards for answers.

I have checked into the B-body spindles, and bigger brakes, for the front end and better control arms, but right now the cost again is an issue.

Currently right now I'm driving that Regal everyday, 24 miles to a from work and it runs an handles well , for it to have a 455 on V-6 front springs and new bushings ,GN front sway bar ,GN power steering box, and factory orginal bushings in the rear and GN rear sway bar.

But when I brake into tight turns and hit any deep road bumps the tires rub.

4 link or GNX still a tuff descion

not for everybody(gnx rear)

Really , ssm bars make the car handle by channeling the rear end together? Wow ,send some pics of yours so we can see the south sides work with no upper control arms ,air bag or pinnion snubber while cornering . Unless you took the fist s-curve that way, and if so ,list your used parts off your totalled car in the classifieds for us to buy. Buddy Cox has a gnx although the "wick" is twin turboed and the car is pretty much cut up to race. Hey maybe Buddy doesnt know about these south side bars< WINK WINK.>