Going crazy, ptc torque doesn't want to go in the tranny.

You Will Have Big Gobs Of Bearing Grease Floating Around As It Has A Higher Melting Point Than Vasaline...that Is Why Bearing Grease Will Not Turn Liquid Even When Front Dics Are Above Boiling Point 212f..plus

You Will Have Big Gobs Of Bearing Grease Floating Around As It Has A Higher Melting Point Than Vasaline...that Is Why Bearing Grease Will Not Turn Liquid Even When Front Dics Are Above Boiling Point 212f..plus
<

Spread your Cheaks, I got the Vaseline right here....LOL

Vaseline or White Grease is good....

Sorry Bob..I had to do it..:tongue:

JB ,ask serge if he ever puts lubriplate in his transmissions to hold gaskets ,check balls trust washers......:rolleyes:

Its 1 in the morning and I am going to bed after another 2 hours of trying to put this torque in the tranny. Still didn`t go in, this is f%!k*^g insane.

This is going to be my new set-up: T-Top 86 Grand Nationals 109 block with weisco forged pistons and 2 billet center main caps, M&A aluminum heads, roller rockers, port match lower intake ,te63 a.r .82, erson 214/214 cam, smc alky injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost, 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, kenne bell headers, 60 lbs injectors, extender alky chip with 23/21 timing, with a gen 2 with a LS1 maf,thdp, mease 24 row IC, PTC 3200 stall 9 1/2 convertor, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/60/15) , rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms, Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filt

Marco.

T-Top 86 Grand National 62000 km)
stock long block, stock suspension, 12 inch red stripe convertor (2800stall), te44, smc alk injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost,( boost spike 28 psi in 1st gear), 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, 42 ½ lbs 009 injectors, turbotweak alky chip with 23/21 timing, thdp, mease 24 row IC, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/50/15) 3720lbs race weight with driver. (Torque convertor locked only after car shifted in third), rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, comp cam 980 valve springs. Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust cut-out.
BEST E/T
60FT=1.53
1/8= 7.25
1/4= 11.48
MPH=120.82
BEST 60FT=1.52

I have a gen 2 with an extender chip and LS1 maf, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms. MT 275/60/15 drag radials. Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filter. The times above were done with out these parts.

Its 1 in the morning and I am going to bed after another 2 hours of trying to put this torque in the tranny. Still didn`t go in, this is f%!k*^g insane.....

We have had problems with some converters like you are having, including a couple PTC's. Over the past year I have installed about 100 converters, and here is what has worked for us on the "problem" converters.

I'll try to describe what we do in these extreme cases, and it has never been over 10-15 minutes to seat the worst of them. First, on the converter "shaft" there are 2 large notches that fit into the pump. Take a file and knock down the sharp edges, 2 at each opening. Put a rag into the opening to keep any filing from going into the converter.

Then, while spinning the on the input shaft, hit the converter repeatedly on the "nose" FIRMLY with a heavy rubber mallet.

This should convince the most stubborn converter to head home!:)

This is not the same but I got one from Pats that would not go on period & it was not the first time I used one from him. It is possible they screwed up like he did on mine. When he sent back the new one it went on as it should & he paid shipping Both ways. So it's possible the converter is just bad.

I fought a Pats one for an hour until I out of desperosity used the rubber mallet and it went right on.

Sounds like you have had enough. You need to find another trans to trial fit this convertor into.If it will go into a different trans ,then your front bushing is damaged ,or spline problem.If not ,send it back for warantee.This is not supposed to be that hard.

Sounds like you have had enough. You need to find another trans to trial fit this convertor into.If it will go into a different trans ,then your front bushing is damaged ,or spline problem.If not ,send it back for warantee.This is not supposed to be that hard.

evilboy, you can come to my place and try it in my 200 on the floor..:cool:

It Took Me 2 Hrs To Install Mine,,1 Hr To Clean Up Splines That Had Swelled Due To Treating Process On A Billit Input Shaft ,,(small File And Elbow Grease)..then App 45 Min To Align Spin Swear Push And Voila ,,,,,all The Way In ,,,,,,marco Look In The Tc With A Flash Light Do U See Tiny Marks From The Input Shaft If You Tried To Force It In ...maybe You Have Created Burs On The Splines In The Torque ....this Is What I Believe Is Happining To You

I just tried for another twenty minutes, no luck. I won`t have time this weekend to work on the car with work and the kids, its going to go to monday night. I will try Nick Micale`s tricks, and might go see JB or Snowbird(Bob) to see if they have a spare input shaft that I could try on my torque just to make sure the convertor is ok. I don`t think anything is wrong with my tranny because my 12 inch goes in perfect, and my brother`s PTC went in also after a while. The only difference that I could see between my brother`s convertor and mine is that mine is a lot more free. Spins very easily and moves up and down very easily compared to my brother`s PTC torque.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone.

This is going to be my new set-up: T-Top 86 Grand Nationals 109 block with weisco forged pistons and 2 billet center main caps, M&A aluminum heads, roller rockers, port match lower intake ,te63 a.r .82, erson 214/214 cam, smc alky injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost, 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, kenne bell headers, 60 lbs injectors, extender alky chip with 23/21 timing, with a gen 2 with a LS1 maf,thdp, mease 24 row IC, PTC 3200 stall 9 1/2 convertor, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/60/15) , rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms, Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filt

Marco.

stock long block, stock suspension, 12 inch red stripe convertor (2800stall), te44, smc alk injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost,( boost spike 28 psi in 1st gear), 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, 42 ½ lbs 009 injectors, turbotweak alky chip with 23/21 timing, thdp, mease 24 row IC, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/50/15) 3720lbs race weight with driver. (Torque convertor locked only after car shifted in third), rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, comp cam 980 valve springs. Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust cut-out.
BEST E/T
60FT=1.53
1/8= 7.25
1/4= 11.48
MPH=120.82
BEST 60FT=1.52

I have a gen 2 with an extender chip and LS1 maf, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms. MT 275/60/15 drag radials. Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filter. The times above were done with out these parts.

I got your message while I was on vacation. May be best to send it back and let me look at it. We can go from there. Call me Monday and I'll give you the shipping info.

My friend JB lent me a input shaft and it doesn't go into the convertor splines, but goes right in my brother's PTC and my red stripe convertor. I guess there is the problem. Spoke to Dusty and will be shipping it back to PTC so they could check it out and fix the problem. Can't wait to get the convertor back so I could get a chance to try it, and hopefully it works as great as everybody says.

Marco.

BEST E/T
60FT=1.53
1/8= 7.25
1/4= 11.48
MPH=120.82
BEST 60FT=1.52