Going to E-Town Nov10th???

hot6-231

American and Proud!!!
Just thought I would start a new thread to maybe get a roll call on who's going to the BuickvsMustang race at E-Town Nov 10th. Maybe we'll set up a meeting spot so we can get a little convoy heading down. So.............Anybody going???

Ken B.

I would love to go but I am going to pickup a TR at Kirban's Saturday with my friend who is buying a TR..

Any idea if any hotels are close to Raceway park & how long it would take from Kirbains to RP??

The problem is we are taking the train from Boston to Philly on Sat. Then driving the TR back to NH..

Not sure But if we detoured to RP NJ for sunday I guess ride home to NH is a 7 hour ride.. :(

I haven't been to E-Town since 96. Maybe someone else can chime in here on hotels in the area. Also, if Kirbin is in eastern Pa, then it shouldn't be to bad a ride to R.P. I would say your ride home to NH would be 7-8 hours. Depends on how fast ya going!! ;) Hope you can make it. Ken B.

Motels that are near track,Macintosh,about 15 mins away, phone 732-238-4900 nice, clean,plenty safe parking, that is in east brunswick.there are others but i have stayed there and its about the best for the money.
Steve

I'm going, Ken. We should definitely have a caravan head down there if possible. Al, you going??

Why, God, Why!!!!!!!!!?????????????

Weather doesn't look so good. Not good at all. WTF!!!???

Probably because I was considering going and baselining the GN. :(

Figure I won't be getting more than 2-3 runs in so I would try that car.

I'll know for sure tomorrow afternoon.

Time to go check the weather.....

Don't lose hope yet guys............Checked The local forcast for E-Town, and it calls for a 40% chance of 'showers'. NOT rain. SOOO.........There is hope!! :D I myself can't wait to get that new best ET!!;)

plenty of good hotels on 18 south right after exit 9 on nj turnpike,kirbans is less than 1.5 hrs from e-town-i go there all the time-matt

:D :D :D :D :D As of 10:00 am Saturday, they changed the forcast to a 30% chance of showers in the PM!!! YEA!!!!!:) :) :)

Car is washed, step one completed. :D

Okay what roads you guys from the north taking?

91, 84?

Hamden area that is? Tons of places we can meet up early. If I really get the car ready. Time to go do/check the back brakes on that thing.

Gotta move the laptop into that car too.

Let me know what time and roads you're gonna be on please.

Early is good although traffic should be lighter early on a sunday. :)

All I see is a chance of showers around, windy however.

Salvage.......Ben and I are leaving at 5:00am. Can't say right now where we can meet up but i'll be talking with Ben soon, and i'll post back here later(before 9pm). Were bolt ready for some new best et's!!! ;) Ken

Plenty of places to meet up.

All ready here too except for my Subway run.

If going 91 there's a Sunoco 200 feet off the exit for Montowese ave. in North Haven. Easy to meet there as it's got a HUGE parking lot and you simply turn around and get right back on the highway another 200 foot trip. :)

If RTE. 15 it also goes through Hamden. Plenty of exits easy on and off there too, including near Dunkin Donuts.

Prolly take you guys 35 minutes or so to get down here maybe less. :D

I'll be looking in and can provide details or just be sitting by the side of the highway for ya, don't like to do that however.

Al.........Pick a Exit off Rt-15 as we can come down 91 and hit 15 and meet you right off an exit......We are leaving Manchester at 5:00am and should be down there in 35-40 minutes at the most. I'll be watching this site until 10:00pm.......Ken

Okay RTE 15 in NORTH HAVEN exit 63 I think is the number. Way past the Wallingford exit anyway.

Just past the gas station rest area less than a mile.

Very sharp exit turn 25 mph like most Merritt exits so take it slooooww.

There is a light at the exit ramp. Take a right onto 22 and I will be there or directly accross from the light on a side street.

At that time of the day you can't miss me.

I'll get there about 5:25am. Easy back onto the Merritt from there.

How's that?

Okay if you need a map it is exit 63 on the merritt.

Do a search with mapquest for 1444-1483 Hartford turnpike in North Haven ct shows the exits and streets.

Zoom in to the end map.

I will be directly accross from the light at the end of the very short ramp.

Street is a dead end cul de sac called Colonial Drive.

Easy to find. I will wait for confirmation gotta get the ice trays refilled. :)

There was a post elsewhere here about etown tomorrow, and that we might not get more than ONE test run!?! Anyone else here this? What a waste of time and money if that's true!

Where was that post?

No I don't doubt you at all. :(

If you read their website you will see there's a few events such as dragsters and Quick 16 cars etc. gonna be there too.

It may be so packed that 1 run might be it.

Yeah that would suck bigtime!!!

Maybe the mustangs will stay home. :)

Got ya........Checking mapquest now. Check back here before you leave Sun. for any other ??? If no posts then we'll me ya there. If you have a cell phone email me your email address and we can switch phone numbers.........KEN

hotsix231@aol.com