Good GN mechanic in Kansas City?

Freedster

Hello All!

As time goes on, I'm sure that I will end up needing to have some GN expert go over some aspect of my car. Heck, I could probably use one now... :p

Anyone know of a GN electro-mechanical Guru within 200 miles of Kansas City?

Thanks!

- Freed

Call Mark Covey at MC Racing in Shawnee. They also have a chassis dyno :D Mark helped me get my fast car ready for going fast.

There's a bunch of guys around here that know their stuff when it comes to these beasts: Joe Reif and Joe Jr, Ed Brewer(DC Tech) Bryan, Neil to name a few. We normally get together at Hooters to hang out and talk turbos when the weather is nice so you should join us.

Yeah, we need to sit around and talk turbos next week! (Spring Break)

what is wrong with the car, and what does it need done to it?

wanner@kc.rr.com

ps- just got zaks car running tonight with a new motor- sounds real good :) hope it runs in the 11's when kcir opens back up

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
what is wrong with the car, and what does it need done to it?

It's a bone stock car with 90k miles that looks like it just got oil changes for maintenance. Blew the factory lower radiator hose on the way to work Wednesday, and I think it still has the original plugs & wires. The only mods I can see are oil pressure and water temp gauges, and the breather on the passenger side instead of venting into the turbo. Right now, it has a little of a rough idle, and it has a bit of a tap when I get over about 3lbs of boost.

Obviously needs plugs & wires, probably needs sensors. Running a few tankfuls of good gas with bottle injector cleaner seems to have helped idle a little, so I'm guessing I should run through a can of the real cleaner. From what I have read, symptoms indicate I need an accumulator for the brakes and a TV cable adjustment. Car sounds and smells like I need to get my headers welded too (for all I know, that leak is the tapping I hear on boost). I'm working my way through the infamous "Spring Cleaning" list, and I bought some top end cleaner. I'll probably know more when I'm done with all that.

My father, a fellow GN owner, mentioned that I would probably need to replace my rear main seal in a little while since I switched to synthetic oil. I figure I'll need a mechanic for that one, so I'm asking ahead. I'd also like to just have an expert go over the car and help me write up a grocery list of the work it needs.

- Freed

but the one off metcalf and 435 is much closer for all of us :)

if we do want to meet up, someone needs to call me on my cell and remind me!!!

just to the north of the hooters parking lot is the AAA building, i always park there and dont get door dings-

im game for a few pitchers, i mean beers and wings :)

joe-

i got him taken care of- he stopped by last weekend and picked up a pretty solid stock GN- good straight car that someone can work with :)

MIKE-

we didnt go either, the streets were wet and neil me and zak were workin on zaks car- new steering column and a few other things-

lets all try and meet up next weekend weather permitting-

oh man kevin you showed up when it was wet out???
heck you should have called me, there were at least 7 turbo cars here at the house ;)

we were all tinkering on zaks car which is running super!

Originally posted by gn1220
If it's not raining, how about 7:00?

you got to pay attention to the details
:D

how about the track sunday???? :D :D

i hear its going to be customer appreciation day, and we should all go out there to enjoy the new track-

just heard its supposed to be 40's this weekend, so the track "should" be open if the weather is above 40*

BRYAN